“John, Christina, Theresa, Mike , Craig, Brianna” 4 of 5 stars

Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico
2080 South Triviz Drive, Las Cruces, NM 88001   |
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Santa Fe NM
“John, Christina, Theresa, Mike , Craig, Brianna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

These folks make the place. John at night has a great attitude, as do the others. They make the place comfortable,CLEAN, quiet, and a home away from home. How about a great location across University Avenue from New Mexico State University and the community that serves it.
The best shopping mall in town a walk awaytoo.

Room Tip: stay a week as the rules state-you'll want to stay longer as I have.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate your stay with us and glad to hear you had a great experience! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Value Place prides on being clean and safe because your peace of mind matters! Again, thank you for lodging with us and we hope you'll come back and visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Santa Fe NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Rating the LC Value Place became necessary after reading the reviews of the dis-pleased.
First- The staff is terrific courteous and competent. The place is very clean, a big deal for me.
If the unhappy were as competent, they would have found a Comfort Inn next door(at 4 times the price-really $33.00 per night vs $120.00). I like the place and will stay there again. Yeah, the
Hilton has better everything.It's cost $150.00 per night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us and glad to hear it was a good experience! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Again, thank you for lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels and we hope to see you again the next time you come through town.
COMLJOHN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed here my first week while starting a new position in Las Cruces. I selected it because of the cost and because it had an efficiency type room. What I didn't know was the room has no kitchen stuff at all; no silverware, plates, cups or cookware. So I ended up at Walmart buying essentials I already had planned to move when I located a permenant place. Of course you can buy a set of 4 from the hotel. I rented a studio apartment but they lost the reservation, but they were willing to rent me the next size room (for an additional $100+). They did eventually find an available studio but only after much time, telephone calls and complaints.
The room is sparse at best and beware the "Damage Deposit" scam. The office is not staffed during normal hours people check in or out so if you don't get your deposit back when you leave... good luck. 2-weeks after I checked out I'm still chasing these scammers trying to get back my damage deposit. They won't call you back, they'll tell you they sent you a check (on a credit card deposit); it goes on and on. The advertised price gets you in the door and only then do you realize the true costs.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Las Cruces
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I stayed there for 5 weeks while waiting for my apartment to become available. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the room and service. I rented a smoking room and was impressed that it did not smell like smoke upon check in. The bed was extremely comfortable (and i'm picky about beds). The room was very clean and the staff came in to service the room once a week. It is located in a safe. All appliances worked fine. It was very quiet and the Staff (particularly John-Mgr, Robert and Jason were very friendly, professional and attended to any request immediately). The internet was faster than I had expected. I don't have any complaints. I would have liked more water pressure in the shower and more channels available on the TV (flat screen, decent quality), however, neither of the aforementioned made my stay any less comfortable. I would stay again and will recommend to friends and family visiting out of town. Other reviews stated hidden costs. I agree a little pricey (rent pots, pans, towels, etc) however, I was a responsible consumer and asked about additional charges before check in and brought my own stuff. Can't comment on deposit return, whereas, I don't check out until tomorrow.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the compliments. We appreciated you staying with us for your trip very much and glad to hear that you would recommend Value Place to all of youre friends and family! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests.We wish you well in your future travels and hope to see you again the next time you come through town. Take care!
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I had read bad reviews about this place and thought to myself, "It can't be that bad?" I was WRONG! This place is terrible! First they put me in a non smoking room on the first floor by the entance, which was fine. What I didn't know was that people for some reason have party's late at night outside the entrance and my window. Not only did they party but, they would smoke. The smoke would get sucked into my room via the a/c unit right under the window. The result was a room that smelled terrible. I tried to get a room change but apparantly they are full and I will have to wait until there is an opening.

There is also a weird clause that states you have to inform in writing within 24 hours of checkout. It doesn't make sense to me because they already know my checkout date. It just seems like another way to make money because if you don't do it it will cost you a hefty 45 bucks.

Some other drawbacks:

Small tv's
Not many channels
no wireless internet (ethernet only)
internet super slow
no customer service
loud (next to I-25)
no closets
uncomfortable beds

pros:

weekly rates

All in all this place is so bad that i haven't even waited until I checked out to write this review.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
homosassa, florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

there sign says 189 weekly ,the extra person brought it to 289,then the 100. deposit we r to 389. its an extended stay we got no service for 3 weeks and found out we where being charged $7 for there towels, one ofthe only motels left charging for wireless thats another $10.they also have a 2 burner stove no drinking glasses,no plates no cookware thats an additiona 50.
on the plus side they r the only weekly rate hotel around the area that is in a safe area..

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

We stayed here over Thanksgiving week while visiting my daughter's family.
Large rooms, comfortable beds, hot water, and a great kitchen for our breakfast and to bring our Thanksgiving leftovers.

They do have a bit of a glitch with their door locks, but are working on it and are immediately responsive to issues.

I will stay there every time I visit New Mexico, and will seek out other Value Places when traveling elsewhere.

Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
We are glad to hear that your stay at Value Place was a good one and look forward to return. We wish you well in your future travels! Take Care!

Been to Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico? Share your experiences!