“Good enough to finally convert me from Hilton” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Detroit
“Good enough to finally convert me from Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been a 100% loyal HHonors customer for several years and literally thousands of nights. I have always enjoyed most of the Hilton properties and saw no reason to switch. Three times now, I've tried Staybridge Suites for long term stays, and have been thoroughly impressed. Detroit and Austin were both good enough to make me seek out the Staybridge brand when Homewood Suites weren't convenient.

This particular Staybridge, in Las Cruces, where I've been living for the last couple months exceeds even the other Staybridges that I tried. It is top notch. The staff, facilities, service, and meals are all really wonderful.

I highly recommend this hotel. I especially loved the running trail across the street, the free massage chair located in one of the secluded public spaces, the patio grills, free washers and dryers, and the extremely thoughtful staff.

The internet could be faster at peak times, but is above average.

I honestly have no complaints. This Staybridge is the nicest extended stay hotel I've ever stayed in (and I stay in a lot).

Room Tip: Corner suites have really nice views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Bed was comfortable,good shower pressure, air conditioner was erratic and loud. Breakfast,was below par...waffle maker broken...sausage and bacon were both under-cooked, the eggs were formed and dry. Had a two bedroom suite, bedrooms are nice size, living room and kitchenette are small, stained chair in living room, wall in kitchen by trash needed washing, one of the toilets was less than clean, light under microwave did not work. TV's in all rooms were nice. Check in easy, check out simple. Free laundry. IHOP within walking distance, Peter Piper Pizza, in front of hotel, easy to bring pizza back to room if you don't want all the noise of the kids. Stayed on a Friday and Saturday night, so no evening foods. Price for two nights was $324.66, not cheap..

Room Tip: If you need two bedrooms, this will work. Other wise I might chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here as the first night of a long road trip from El Paso to Dallas, on point breaks.

The rooms were clean, breakfast was decent, staff was friendly, no complaints

As a Priority Club platinum I got a $3 certificate to the pantry; not sure if my room was upgraded. Bathroom was very nice, and there were two TV: though only the one in the living room was one of the newer flat screens.

There's an IHOP within walking distance (and a Chucky Cheese type pizza place you don't want to go unless you have kids).

Overall, a very cozy and satisfactory stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sun City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stopped here for the night on our trip back from Dallas on way to Phoenix. It is located about 10-15 minutes north of I-10 just off the I-25, traffic willing. Could be significantly longer because of all the really bad construction right now. Chose it though because of the great rates. Plenty of shops and restaurants within a few minutes' drive. Sam's Club right down the street for cheap gas if you are a member. Check in was quick and efficient. Because I am a platinum member I was upgraded to a one bedroom which was nice. Bedroom had two beds but because of space limitations one was pushed up next to the window. Flat screen tv's in both rooms with good selection of channels. Room was clean and reasonably modern. Internet worked fine and was free. Shower worked fine. Furniture and bed were comfortable. Very quiet. Nice view of the mountains. We were located on the second floor down one wing quite a ways so a long walk to the elevator and then another long walk back to the exit. You cannot park in front of the hotel except to check in because the main lot belongs to the fast food place and were told they are quick to tow. Stayed on Friday so missed out on the evening reception. Also, left too early in the morning to try the breakfast. The great room did look very nice and inviting. Tired when we arrived and just wanted to get something to eat. Front desk told us Ruby Tuesday delivered to the hotel for free. Got a menu and placed our order. Quick delivery and steak was great. After a long day's drive especially enjoyed being able to eat while sitting with feet up in front of the telly.

Room Tip: Closer to the elevator is more convenient but further down the hall is quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We started out our stay at the Staybridge Suites on a very hot Saturday afternoon in Las Cruces. We checked into the hotel and left our dogs there whilst we went onto Hatch to enjoy the chilie festival. It wasn't exactly cool in our room at the time of entry but that wasn't expected because often times to save energy vacant rooms aren't cooled. So when we returned several hours later it was with less enthusiasm that we came back to a "hot" (over 80) degree room. After several attempts to get the air to kick on I called the front desk and he told us how to operate the thermostat and that the a/c needed to sense movement in the room in order to come on. Well it came on, it was very loud, and not very cool. We were sharing a two room suite with my sister and her room wasn't cooling at all. So I called the front desk again and he said that there was no maintenance staff available at that time and that the best he could do was give us a fan. Whee.... We sent my husband down to get it (it was late, we were tired, and it was hot) and when my sister call back to ask what kind of room discount we were going to get for broken a/c their response was "If you leave, you will get a full refund". SAY WHAT?????? Kidding right. I mean really it had been 106 earlier that day and now our room was cooling to a balmy 80 along with the noise the thing was making and the thin walls that we got to experience our neighbors let me just say I was less than happy with them. And until that I was ready to hop on trip advisor and give them a glowing review because the room was clean, nicely furnished, convenient to the highway and where we were going, and there just aren't any other hotels where you can get a 2 room suite for that price. When we were greeted at check in it was plesant, helpful, friendly. All things you want in a hotel, but they couldn't handle this issue and to top it off we couldn't get ice because we have ice makers in the refrigerators in our rooms (which was turned off so no ice was in the bin because the room was vacant). The breakfast that is included is just ok. The eggs were runny, and the bacon burnt but there was plenty of it. You might be better off cooking in your room.

My advice. Ask a lot of questions up front (like is the hotel full and what is your pet fee), and don't go in the summer. Of course you could get cold in the winter too. Nice beds, clean, and good room, somewhat lacking in customer service. The choice is yours.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Kittymamma,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that you mentioned that you had a pleasant check in. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the Air Conditioner may have caused you. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We traveled from Austin, Texas to Las Cruces, NM to buy green chile in Hatch, NM. We needed a full size kitchen to store the chile until our visit was over. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the hotel staff (especially Alord and Melissa) were extremely kind, helpful, and absolutely customer oriented. The pool and spa were clean and well kept. We so enjoyed our evening swims. Our room was cozy and clean; the beds and pillows were to die for. The hot breakfast and evening reception had great food and were real time savers. We will definitely stay at Staybrige Suites on our next trip to Las Cruces.

Room Tip: Room 204 had a great view on the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We go often to Las Cruces, approximately every 3 to 4 months for visits to family and friends. Throughout the last 15 years we have watched hotels come up around the outskirts of Las Cruces and we literally going down a list to see which one we liked the best. Now I can say, that we have placed this hotel on our contacts list in my cell phone for future trips. It's only 4 or 5 years old and it's well kept (check out the beautiful courtyard). We've tried them all and were on a constant search for a good, clean hotel in the area, so of course, we decided to try the "Staybridge" off the 70 towards Oregon. We were not expecting too much more than we had been receiving from the previous hotel experiences, but much to our pleasant surprise, this one is different. First and foremost, we were greeted by some wonderful guest services who promptly told us about all the local happenings and nearby restaurants and all the staff we encountered were quite friendly. We stayed in the King Suite, which was quite large and clean (I'm the check and disenfect type) and comfy, these rooms also have a door that divides the living area from the bedroom and eliminates hotel hall noises that all of us are familiar with. If you don't mind getting up early, before 10:30 weekends, the free breakfast is worth getting up for, it's not the typical "muffins, cereal, coffee, fruit" menu, it's actuallly quite extensive and includes fresh eggs, great coffee, bacon or sausages, toast, fresh oatmeal, and much more. I recommend this hotel and I'm a fan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Las Cruces? Share your experiences!