“Nice little stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
New York
“Nice little stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here as the first night of a long road trip from El Paso to Dallas, on point breaks.

The rooms were clean, breakfast was decent, staff was friendly, no complaints

As a Priority Club platinum I got a $3 certificate to the pantry; not sure if my room was upgraded. Bathroom was very nice, and there were two TV: though only the one in the living room was one of the newer flat screens.

There's an IHOP within walking distance (and a Chucky Cheese type pizza place you don't want to go unless you have kids).

Overall, a very cozy and satisfactory stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sun City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stopped here for the night on our trip back from Dallas on way to Phoenix. It is located about 10-15 minutes north of I-10 just off the I-25, traffic willing. Could be significantly longer because of all the really bad construction right now. Chose it though because of the great rates. Plenty of shops and restaurants within a few minutes' drive. Sam's Club right down the street for cheap gas if you are a member. Check in was quick and efficient. Because I am a platinum member I was upgraded to a one bedroom which was nice. Bedroom had two beds but because of space limitations one was pushed up next to the window. Flat screen tv's in both rooms with good selection of channels. Room was clean and reasonably modern. Internet worked fine and was free. Shower worked fine. Furniture and bed were comfortable. Very quiet. Nice view of the mountains. We were located on the second floor down one wing quite a ways so a long walk to the elevator and then another long walk back to the exit. You cannot park in front of the hotel except to check in because the main lot belongs to the fast food place and were told they are quick to tow. Stayed on Friday so missed out on the evening reception. Also, left too early in the morning to try the breakfast. The great room did look very nice and inviting. Tired when we arrived and just wanted to get something to eat. Front desk told us Ruby Tuesday delivered to the hotel for free. Got a menu and placed our order. Quick delivery and steak was great. After a long day's drive especially enjoyed being able to eat while sitting with feet up in front of the telly.

Room Tip: Closer to the elevator is more convenient but further down the hall is quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We started out our stay at the Staybridge Suites on a very hot Saturday afternoon in Las Cruces. We checked into the hotel and left our dogs there whilst we went onto Hatch to enjoy the chilie festival. It wasn't exactly cool in our room at the time of entry but that wasn't expected because often times to save energy vacant rooms aren't cooled. So when we returned several hours later it was with less enthusiasm that we came back to a "hot" (over 80) degree room. After several attempts to get the air to kick on I called the front desk and he told us how to operate the thermostat and that the a/c needed to sense movement in the room in order to come on. Well it came on, it was very loud, and not very cool. We were sharing a two room suite with my sister and her room wasn't cooling at all. So I called the front desk again and he said that there was no maintenance staff available at that time and that the best he could do was give us a fan. Whee.... We sent my husband down to get it (it was late, we were tired, and it was hot) and when my sister call back to ask what kind of room discount we were going to get for broken a/c their response was "If you leave, you will get a full refund". SAY WHAT?????? Kidding right. I mean really it had been 106 earlier that day and now our room was cooling to a balmy 80 along with the noise the thing was making and the thin walls that we got to experience our neighbors let me just say I was less than happy with them. And until that I was ready to hop on trip advisor and give them a glowing review because the room was clean, nicely furnished, convenient to the highway and where we were going, and there just aren't any other hotels where you can get a 2 room suite for that price. When we were greeted at check in it was plesant, helpful, friendly. All things you want in a hotel, but they couldn't handle this issue and to top it off we couldn't get ice because we have ice makers in the refrigerators in our rooms (which was turned off so no ice was in the bin because the room was vacant). The breakfast that is included is just ok. The eggs were runny, and the bacon burnt but there was plenty of it. You might be better off cooking in your room.

My advice. Ask a lot of questions up front (like is the hotel full and what is your pet fee), and don't go in the summer. Of course you could get cold in the winter too. Nice beds, clean, and good room, somewhat lacking in customer service. The choice is yours.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Kittymamma,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that you mentioned that you had a pleasant check in. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the Air Conditioner may have caused you. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We traveled from Austin, Texas to Las Cruces, NM to buy green chile in Hatch, NM. We needed a full size kitchen to store the chile until our visit was over. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the hotel staff (especially Alord and Melissa) were extremely kind, helpful, and absolutely customer oriented. The pool and spa were clean and well kept. We so enjoyed our evening swims. Our room was cozy and clean; the beds and pillows were to die for. The hot breakfast and evening reception had great food and were real time savers. We will definitely stay at Staybrige Suites on our next trip to Las Cruces.

Room Tip: Room 204 had a great view on the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We go often to Las Cruces, approximately every 3 to 4 months for visits to family and friends. Throughout the last 15 years we have watched hotels come up around the outskirts of Las Cruces and we literally going down a list to see which one we liked the best. Now I can say, that we have placed this hotel on our contacts list in my cell phone for future trips. It's only 4 or 5 years old and it's well kept (check out the beautiful courtyard). We've tried them all and were on a constant search for a good, clean hotel in the area, so of course, we decided to try the "Staybridge" off the 70 towards Oregon. We were not expecting too much more than we had been receiving from the previous hotel experiences, but much to our pleasant surprise, this one is different. First and foremost, we were greeted by some wonderful guest services who promptly told us about all the local happenings and nearby restaurants and all the staff we encountered were quite friendly. We stayed in the King Suite, which was quite large and clean (I'm the check and disenfect type) and comfy, these rooms also have a door that divides the living area from the bedroom and eliminates hotel hall noises that all of us are familiar with. If you don't mind getting up early, before 10:30 weekends, the free breakfast is worth getting up for, it's not the typical "muffins, cereal, coffee, fruit" menu, it's actuallly quite extensive and includes fresh eggs, great coffee, bacon or sausages, toast, fresh oatmeal, and much more. I recommend this hotel and I'm a fan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabens, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our family of 7 has stayed in this hotel several times. With the hot breakfast and evening reception (both of which are really good) they save us a small fortune on food. Their 2 bedroom suites are great...Enough space for a crew like mine to spread out and breathe. Their pool isn't huge but it's clean. The IHOP on one side and Peter Piper on the other make this a one-stop shop for a wonderful family getaway :)

Room Tip: There are times throughout the summer that this place is packed to the gills. If your schedule is fl...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have been traveling to Las Cruces on business for six years now and have stayed in several different hotels in the city. This hotel has gone through it's cycle from good when it first opened, to not so good after a while, and thankfully it is back on track. Check-in was a pleasure and I was upgraded from the type of suite that I had originally asked for.

The rooms are furnished for the long stay customer, which is important to me because I am often there for several weeks to a month at a time. If you rent a one or a two bedroom suite the living room has a flat screen television. The beds are comfortable and as I said earlier, thanks (I believe) to the new management the rooms and hallways are clean and smell good again. The basics are provided as far as dishes, etc. so that you can cook in your room. The only complaint I have there is that a stove is not provided for you, only a stove top. There is also a laundry facility and a gym if you are so inclined. The pool is nice and thanks to Las Cruces weather is typically available much of the year.

The free breakfast is my favorite meal at the Staybridge, though with IHOP in their backyard I at times find myself spending money there instead. The hotel also offers free food on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, but I often forgo these meals as well. I know there is something to be said for free, but ... well ... I'd rather pay and have what I want.

To wrap up, the hotel is conveniently located as far as ease getting in and out if you need to hit the interstate. Also, it is within walking distance of K-Mart, Sam's Club, a theater, and several other businesses. Within a couple of minutes of driving is The Outback, Ruby Tuesday's, and several more restaurants.

Definitely my favorite hotel in Las Cruces.

Room Tip: Avoid the studio suites. These are simply hotel rooms with a refrigerator and stove top.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Las Cruces? Share your experiences!