“Second stay as good as first!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Taylor, Arizona
“Second stay as good as first!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had the opportunity to stay here again. I made a suggestion on my first review in November that they may want to install peep holes in doors, to my pleasant surprise on this stay I discovered they did just that. Rooms were clean and I could tell they were actively maintaining the building. Breakfast was as good as before.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was a decent room for one night, but we wouldn't have wanted to stay more. Our rate was $101 for state government rate, which is high, but I think rates were raised becasue of an event in town. We made our reservation online with Choice Hotels, the parent brand for Comfort Inn. Online it stated that check-in time was 1:00. When we arrived at 1:30, the clerk stated that we wouldn't be able to check-in until 3, that 3:00 was their new check-in time. I informed her that their website says 1:00. She said that she knew that, they just hadn't updated the website yet. She then referenced the wall sign where the was a number 3 placed over the number 1 for the check-in time. After, speaking for several minutes, she agreed to check and see if our room was ready. It wasnt cleaned yet. I then asked to speak to the manager, the clerk said that the manager was aware of the problem with the internet information but that the check-in time would still be 3:00. Finally, after talking with the woman for 10 mintues, she agreed to change me from the room she oringinally assigned me to to a different room that had already been cleaned (exact same type of room that I had oringinally booked, not sure why she didn't do this in the begining). Oh, and once we got in the room, the sign on the back of the door said that check-in time was 1:00.
The room itself appeared clean, except for the chair and ottoman, which had stains on the fabric. It was nice to have a refridgerater and microwave. We were disappointed to find that the bed had the old-style bedspread and blanket (that don't get washed with every guest), rather than the new style sheet encased comforters that seem much cleaner. The bed was hard and 'springy' and had an indention on the side where you could tell that people had sat on a lot. When I got too close to the edge while laying down, it felt like I might roll right out.
The pool was small but nice. The area was very clean and there were planty of towells available. The breakfast was small, but had hot foods and the breakfast lady was very nice.
The internet was free, but very slow.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor and could hear people walking in the room above us early in the mor...
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

we got there late in the evening and the desk clerk treated us like we were long lost friends , the room was a suite, open and nice could not want for a better nights stay and very quiet considering how close it is from I10, a definite keeper.

Room Tip: all the rooms are as good as the others, you wont be disappointed
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Super comfy bed and pillows. Heated pool that is open from 6am-10pm, when I visited. Friendly, helpful staff. I put my room card near a magnet, twice. Easy fix. The maids were also nice when I just needed a trash bag and towel swap. Location was basically across the street from the dormitory my girlfriend son stayed. The breakfast was awesome. Normally you think hotel breakfast....cereal and toast, naaaaa waffles, eggs and other good breakfast food. Over all a great place to stay if you're traveling with a family or just by yourself.

Room Tip: I had the ground floor, easy room access.
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Typical place in the mid-range price bracket. Clean, quiet, convenient to interstate and Mesilla, all the usual appliances, adequately sized rooms, adequate towel thickness, standard hot and cold breakfast - waffles, eggs, sausage. Etc Etc. The only departure from usual was the incredibly slow wifi.

Willow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked this hotel based on previous stays at other Comfort Inn's and were not disappointed. The hotel was clean and comfortable with guest laundry available 24 hours. There were restaurants on the other side of the overpass as well as gas stations. We enjoyed our stay and the free breakfast provided before we got back on the highway in the morning. The only negative thing I would mention is that the elevator was not working when we got ready to leave in the morning. When I told the desk clerk, she did fix it right away.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Berna T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Gloria,
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at our hotel I am really sorry about the inconvenience caused to you and am looking into the matter and getting our elevator checked and i will get it serviced if needed. We always strive to give our guests the best possible experience during their stay and i hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better next time you are in Las Cruces.

Kind Regards,

Berna Tarango
Comfort Inn & Suites, Las Cruces
575-527-1050
Van Horn, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are on a journey from Los Angeles to Miami and we often make intermediate stops, mostly in hotels of the Choice Group. The Comfort Inn & Suites in Las Cruces on Avenida de Mesilla 1300 is some numbers better than the comparable motels in the same price group. We found a very friendly, helpful staff, a spotlessly clean room with 2 beds, a good and comprehensive breakfast in a clean breakfast room with plenty of chairs and tables. We can only recommend this motel to any traveler. The surprise about what is offered is on the positive side.

Robert and Margot Mayer from Switzerland

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Berna T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Robert and Margot,
I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel so that it can help other Tripadvisor members know about our facilities. Your words of appreciation mean a lot to my staff members as well and we are very glad that you enjoyed the time you spent in our hotel. I wish you safe travels and hope you will visit us whenever you are in Las Cruces again.

Kind Regards,

Berna Tarango
Comfort Inn & Suites, Las Cruces
575-527-1050

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces? Share your experiences!