“Fantastic Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
“Fantastic Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nice spacious room with chair and ottoman, desk and comfortable bed. Very helpful desk staff (Carla) with great dinner recommendation to Luna Rossa Restaurant and winery. Wonderful breakfast with two flavors of waffles and mini cheese omelets - plus two kinds of coffee. Also biscuits with gravy and sausage. Lots of fruit and yogurt. Very fresh food. I would stay here every time I am in Las Cruses.

Room Tip: Used a coupon from Hotelcoupons.com book we picked up along the highway in NM. Formerly called room...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed six nights and were well satisfied with the room. Excellent breakfast. Cheerful and helpful staff. TV's need updated. We are seniors and lighting could be improved. Overall a great room at a good price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Berna T, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, 1 week ago

We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Las Cruces.

Kind Regards,

Atkins, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice clean and updated rooms. Rooms were cramped but bed were comfortable. Would stay here again in future. Laundry room was out of order and clerk could not point out where nearest place to wash was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Queen Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had made a reservation for this room and asked for first floor. When we arrived there were no rooms on first floor with king bed. Staff upgraded us to a suite, as she read on my reservation that I had asked for first floor. Had a good nights sleep. Room was quiet and clean! For the price we might always consider suites. I also prefer the Comfort Inns over the Sleep Inns...they are a little nicer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Berna T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Kind Regards,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had planned to camp in our tent. We didn't know the the campground gate closed at 7 p.m. (Still seems abnormally early for that.) No other campgrounds, unless we backtracked miles and miles. Lightning in the gathering clouds. Time for a hotel.

Standard modern hotel room, standard rate, clean but nothing special, glad to be in out of the storm. The pool was being refurbished, but we were invited to use the pool next door (thunderstorm, so we declined.)

But the breakfast buffet! Make-your-own Belgian waffles, 2 kinds of scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juices, bagels, biscuits 'n' gravy, bread and a toaster, as well as packets of oatmeal to mix with hot water. The only thing we did not find was fish (my favorite breakfast is broiled trout or fried crappie, but I can make do with kippered herring), leftover pizza, or canned beans to put on the toast. No Pop Tarts, either, but we each had two enormous plates of excellent breakfast. We have been to these complimentary breakfasts at other hotels, where you get a stale greasy doughnut, an apple if you are lucky, and coffee.

Complimentary USA Today and local papers, too. The current ones and the ones from the previous day, too. If we are late for the campground again, this is where we will come.

Room Tip: If you get here in time, check out La Posta Restaurant in the Old Mesilla historic district.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Choice International needs to dump the ownership and/or this property. What an embarrassment to the Comfort brand. I was checked in and out by Rosa. She's a wonderful person, recognized my status with Choice, and upgraded my room. Now the building, lobby, and halls/rooms are well kept and very appealing. The cheapness of the owners reeks in the amenities of this place.

My room was a suite and very nice until I took a closer look. I had two old tube TV's from the 1900's. I haven't experienced a tube tv at a hotel in at least 5 years. The picture was fuzzy so I had to turn it around and connect the cable properly. The entire room had 1 trash can. The two toilet paper holders had 1 roll sitting on the sink unopened. I attempted to listen to the radio when I went to bed and there was no clock/radio. The next morning I used a worn out, thin washcloth and attempted to shave with a restrictor on the hot water faucet. It came out in a low stream, cold was fine, hot was totally restricted.

Breakfast looked good as I walked in but only 2 egg frisbees in the hotplate. I took one and nobody attempted to refill it. The apple juice came out clear because it was water. The orange juice was so sour I threw it away after 1 sip. I saw a few biscuits, a couple pieces of bread, and 1 small danish for the bread selection.

Any guest can see the property owners/managers are doing everything to cut corners here. It works one time, then you never get the return guest. I will not even think of staying at this place again. The owners are cheap. Choice needs to get somebody down to this hotel to fully inspect and upgrade.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel needs someone to come in & professionally clean! The bathroom was gross, it smelled so bad and the tub nor the sink drained. There were stains on the lamps, couch and dust on every ledge - not to mention that my feet were black from walking on the carpet. Breakfast might have been included, but there was nothing there my family would eat.

I did find the maintenance man and the front desk staff to be friendly and the beds appear to have been brand new (that is the only reason we did not deal with the hassle of changing hotels).

Unless I read that this place has been completely refurbished, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces? Share your experiences!