“Not a good CHOICE” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not a good CHOICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Choice International needs to dump the ownership and/or this property. What an embarrassment to the Comfort brand. I was checked in and out by Rosa. She's a wonderful person, recognized my status with Choice, and upgraded my room. Now the building, lobby, and halls/rooms are well kept and very appealing. The cheapness of the owners reeks in the amenities of this place.

My room was a suite and very nice until I took a closer look. I had two old tube TV's from the 1900's. I haven't experienced a tube tv at a hotel in at least 5 years. The picture was fuzzy so I had to turn it around and connect the cable properly. The entire room had 1 trash can. The two toilet paper holders had 1 roll sitting on the sink unopened. I attempted to listen to the radio when I went to bed and there was no clock/radio. The next morning I used a worn out, thin washcloth and attempted to shave with a restrictor on the hot water faucet. It came out in a low stream, cold was fine, hot was totally restricted.

Breakfast looked good as I walked in but only 2 egg frisbees in the hotplate. I took one and nobody attempted to refill it. The apple juice came out clear because it was water. The orange juice was so sour I threw it away after 1 sip. I saw a few biscuits, a couple pieces of bread, and 1 small danish for the bread selection.

Any guest can see the property owners/managers are doing everything to cut corners here. It works one time, then you never get the return guest. I will not even think of staying at this place again. The owners are cheap. Choice needs to get somebody down to this hotel to fully inspect and upgrade.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel needs someone to come in & professionally clean! The bathroom was gross, it smelled so bad and the tub nor the sink drained. There were stains on the lamps, couch and dust on every ledge - not to mention that my feet were black from walking on the carpet. Breakfast might have been included, but there was nothing there my family would eat.

I did find the maintenance man and the front desk staff to be friendly and the beds appear to have been brand new (that is the only reason we did not deal with the hassle of changing hotels).

Unless I read that this place has been completely refurbished, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Prescott Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

There were so many problems, it would take more space than provided to state. The worst part is the staff response or rather non-response to problems. Rooms (stayed 2 nights, had different rooms) ranged from not great to awful, smelly and noisey. Desk clerk (who said he was the manager) knew problems with first and did nothing to recitfy it for us for 2nd night.
When we called Choice Rewards to complain, they didn't even recieve a response from the manager.
Obviously they just don't care.
We had stayed there a few times before, never again.
There's other choices around.

Room Tip: Rooms in front face busy street, rooms in back over look a bar/restaurant.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Booked a room online a month in advance. Choice member. We've stayed here before and, while not outstanding, it was acceptable and close to Mesilla. Literally 3 minutes from arrival and just over a block away my phone rang. The motel was calling to tell me that they had overbooked and I didn't have a room. They did find me a room at the La Quinta on Hickory. Decent room, higher rated on Trip Advisor. I think I'll try the La Quinta next time.

Port Orange, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here a few years ago and enjoyed the stay, returned March 22 and found it has gone down a little. Bed was lumpy and AC was noisy. Breakfast was very good but I think will look else ware next time.

Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is a good place to stay. Spacious rooms, very comfortable bed and fluffy pillows, spacious bathroom and a nice breakfast. The only two complaints were the a/c did not cool the room at night and the exercise room was very tiny with no bench or chair for lifting free weights and no water. The two cardio machines were brand new. The pool and jacuzzi were closed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pamela B, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces, responded to this review, February 23, 2014

Pamela Parker Bolton
Comfort Inn & Suites
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I called ahead for a room reservation, but was not told that the interstate exit to the hotel location was closed for construction. We had to go to the next exit and wind our way around the area to find the hotel. I attempted to call the front desk for directions, but the phone rang..and rang...and rang...and.....
The room was spacious, the bed and pillows very comfortable and we had a good night's rest. Next morning at breakfast....no coffee....no scrambled eggs....no visible salt and pepper....eventually, all were replenished...but, it was obvious that they could not keep up with the guests eating there.
Checkout.....computer was extremely slow...I waited ten minutes while the desk clerk attempted....and attempted.....and attempted to print my receipt. I give it an average rating....as I felt it was clean and comfortable.....just understaffed and slow.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Pamela Parker Bolton
Comfort Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces? Share your experiences!