“Location was good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Pueblo Colorado
“Location was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The reason we chose this motel was because it was close to I-10 and La Mesilla. At check-in the clerk said, "I am giving you one of the new rooms". Not knowing what he ment, we assumed it had been recently renovated. If this was a new room, can't imagine what the old ones were like. Big hole in the carpet right inside the door. Furniture average but bed was a pillow-top and good. Halls were in need of being vacuumed. Especially around the elevator. TV reception terrible. Staff friendly and breakfast average. Price, above average for a comfort inn but not for the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here recently when I was in town for a funeral and was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel and the room. I stayed in the main building and the public areas I was in were clean and looked newly updated. My room was immaculate and the shower/tub looked brand-new. My room had in-room coffee and a refrigerator, add-ons I always like to have. The room was quiet at night and I did not notice a lot of hallway noise. The room is not luxurious but I did not expect that. The beds were comfortable, there were lots of pillows, and all in all, it was a very nice place to spend a couple of nights. The free breakfast in the morning was very comprehensive and the waffle maker actually worked, which I have not seen very often in hotels with waffle makers. I did not experience any of the negative things mentioned in other reviews - which I am not saying did not happen to them, just that I didn't have any problems at all with this facility.
Best of all, when I needed to extend my stay another night unexpectedly, the night front-desk person was very efficient and helpful and was able to extend my stay so I was able to stay in the same room, and not move. He was very polite and helpful.
This hotel is VERY convenient to the freeway and to Old Mesilla. There are restaurants very close to the hotel, including one across the street (which I did not try). The Las Cruces downtown area is just minutes away. I recommend this hotel to travelers in Las Cruces.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was our fourth stay here and not our best experience. The Front Desk person seemed extremely disinterested and needed a course in human interaction! We were then greeted by signs on the pool and hot tub door that it was closed by the local health department. Not a good omen......

We then went to our room and discovered it was in the midst of being cleaned. Obviously, the Front Desk person had not checked its readiness. Fortunately, the maid was extremely helpful and did a great job of quickly and efficiently cleaning our room. The room was fine, breakfast OK and everything worked well, except the room a/c needed a silencer!

It seemed that little things needed to be done and, as I said above, appeared to need some TLC..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here for four nights. Found the hotel rooms to be clean and comfortable. The A/C worked great. The flat screen TV was a plus along with the microwave and refrigerator. The location is good....right off the I 25 freeway at Exit 1. The desk staff was friendly and coffee and hot tea was available 24/7. A full breakfast was served each morning. No problems here folks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dewey, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

For the price, this was a nice room. It is complete with a small frig and micro wave. The AC was good, the room was clean (except they still use bedspreads, I wish all chains would do away with bedding that doesn't get laundered each time). The breakfast is not good or fresh, but for the money it was a pleasant stay. The area is ok, but probably not wise to leave valuables in your car.

Room Tip: All the rooms are probably the same, upper floor might be a little more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Got in after 9pm and left around 8am..... Did not spend a lot of time. The room was good and clean. the hall ways smelled like smoke but when we entered our room it was nice and smoke free. I would recommend this place and I would stay here again.

Happy travels :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 216 huge bathroom and good size room. the machines are right outside the room but...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great home away from home. I have stayed at quite a few hotels. Many, even expensive ones I have found to be both poor in service an cleanliness. I was very happy with my stay at this hotel. I am staying here for two weeks while teaching a class at NMSU. This place is great for a mid level hotel. I find all hotels to be very similar, what makes the difference for me is the friendliness of the staff, convenience, and cleanliness. So, while the building is not 5 star worthy, these other factors made it a 5 star stay for me. Especially the staff. Super nice. friendly and helpful young ladies. The free breakfast is totally doable, eggs sausage etc. I have to believe its as good as free breakfast gets. Free no-hassle internet or password etc. No credit card required for check-in if your room has already been paid for. One exit, north on I25 about3 min, away is walmart, target, grocery store, applebees, chilis, etc. No pretence. I love this type of hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business