“Very nice and comfortable rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Carlsbad, NM
“Very nice and comfortable rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Rating is based on hotel category. One of the best places I have stayed at in Las Cruces (7th overnight trip).
Stengths:
- comfortable beds
- perfect place to work while on the road
- quiet
- new rooms
- kitchenette
- different room layout from majority of hotels
- very close to large movie theater, several restaurants, and shops
- great price

Weaknesses:
- fitness room is very small with sub-par equipment
- breakfast is not much more than a juice, coffee, and snack

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Salida, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

We had an emergency hospital stop in Las Cruces, and the folks at TownePlace Suites bent over backwards to help us through an uncertain situation.

The rooms (we ended up needing two) were absolutely immaculate. The kitchens included a full refrigerater, stove, microwave, coffeepot and dishwasher. The beds were very comfortable, everything worked just as expected. Housekeeping cleaned the kitchen each day, refreshed the bathroom linens, and made the beds. There is a coin-op laundry, and a very nice workout room and pool. The breakfast was continental, but met our needs, and if the spirit had moved us, we could have fixed something in our kitchen. The local newspaper and USA Today were waiting for us in the breakfast room as well.

I would be hard pressed to come up with something that needs improvement, and I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else. These folks are doing everything right.

• Liked — Incredibly clean from top to bottom, full kitchen, comfy beds, amenities, on and on!
  • Disliked — I suppose breakfast, but it was okay.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Santa Fe, NM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

For a brand-new hotel, the TownePlace Suites in Las Cruces was disappointing. My wife and I could hear people in the rooms above us as well as next to and across from us. Not that we were sleeping much anyway, as we found the queen-size bed to be too mushy for our taste.

We stayed there over the Thanksgiving holiday, so the hotel was relatively full. Still, I think a newly constructed hotel belonging to a major chain (Marriott) ought to provide better soundproofing at $99 a night.

The "free breakfast" also was disappointing with a minimum of half-hearted offerings. Fortunately a Starbucks is within walking distance and an IHOP is not far.

The room size and layout were fine. A nicely sized bathroom featured a homey, simulated wood floor. The room also had a kitchenette with a full-sized refrigerator and stove.

• Liked — room size & layout
  • Disliked — poor soundproofing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2006

This hotel worked great for us! We are a family of four my husband was at NMSU and we decided to tag along. We ALWAYS stay in a suites hotel and like the Residence Inn but since; there is not one we opted for the Towne Place. We were happy with the 2-bedroom suite, the kitchen set up and the surround sound TV, nice hot showers. The only downside was the light breakfast was just that light, Sara Lee Danish and coffee. We tried a cite place called The Planet (right off of Lohman) for b-fast they had a cereal bar which my kids loved. All in all the Towne Place is clean, crisp and nicely stocked. Would we go back? For sure.

Eat at La Posta in Mesilla and be sure to hit Robertos the locals swear by the food. If you like Italian hit Lorenzo’s nice ambiance you will not be hungry when you leave!

Stayed March 2006
Austin, TX.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

We had planned to stay about 60 miles northeast in Alamogordo, but the Comfort Inn we had reserved was very below average, so we cancelled and continued to Las Cruces even though it was getting dark and we knew NOTHING about LC or where to stay. We frequent Marriott properties like Courtyard, Residence Inn and Springhill Suites so we called the 800 number to see what Las Cruces had. They had a Springhill Suites that was full and TownePlace Suites so we booked that. My one experience with a TPS was in Houston and it was average at best so I wasn't expecting much. Upon arrival we were VERY pleasantly surprised. TPS was located in a nice area of town and appeared nearly new. We had a two-bedroom suite and everything about it was perfect. Comforatble beds, spotlessly clean and again it appeared very new. And all this for $95? WOW, what a deal. We will return to this, and other TPS in the future based on this property. Staff was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2005
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

I was very pleased with Towne Place Suites. I was travelling with two teenagers and the two bedroom suite was perfect. No great views or anything but nice rooms, laundry, gym and lounge area. Close to restaurants and shopping, and the freeway.

The staff was a little more casual than I would expect of a hotel. I heard the attendent say 'that ---' to a guest having problems with their internet. But, they were nice enough.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

Beautiful hotel; however,simple customer service is lacking. Gentleman at night didn't want to check me in because the magnetic strip on my credit card was worn. He initially refused to accept it, but called his manager and it was accepted. I didn't like the fact that he wrote my credit card number on the back of my registration document. To me this is dangerous. With the hassle I received at check-in, I probably would have felt more welcome at the Marriott up the street.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Las Cruces? Share your experiences!