“Salad Bar Excells” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Salad Bar Excells”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Several Las Cruces restaurants feature a salad bar, but the Cattle Baron's is by far the best in my experience. Also, the draft beer selection includes dark ales as well as good ole Dos Equis Lager. I liked the straw onion rings they had on their old menu better than what they serve now, but you can't beat their generous, delicious burgers and fries. Great value overall.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
“Top Salad Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband loves the salad bar and gets that as his meal. I have had really good prime rib here. We try to go before 4:00 pm to get the lunch prices! Great deal.

Visited May 2014
“Average steak for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Was here on business and decided to try this place. The atmosphere is very nice and is very casual. I started with the salad bar which has something for everyone. That was the best part of my meal. I ordered a strip steak which was just ok. There was hardly any flavor to it. My side was the vegetable of the day, which was broccoli...that looked and tasted like it was left over from the day before. Next time I am in town, I will skip the steak and go for some local cuisine.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awful Service and Cold Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went on Easter Sunday and sat in the bar because the restaurant was full. It went down hill from there. The waitress was vague, forgot our menus, forgot butter for the bread...twice. The food was cold when we got it....The second order of bread we got was raw in the middle and no butter. Cold shrivelled up chips, cold onion rings...just nasty. Coke was flat and it took 15 mins to pay our bill.....awful Service equals no tip!!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good, really good salad bar, menu needs to be updated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a consistently good restaurant with a solid basic menu selection. We have lived here 15 years and I notice almost no change in product offering. Frankly, I am "tired" of rarely seeing something new. Maybe that is good.....I am not sure. For visitors - I would recommend the specialty "steak toppings", the already mentioned salad bar, and the catfish. I wish the bread were more "yeasty" as what they serve has little flavor. (there are so many other restaurants that have really good bread, that this is kind of a big deal). Prices are a tiny bit on the high side - for this area.

• Visited April 2014