“A good choice if new to town” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 327 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“A good choice if new to town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We used to eat here often when we first arrived in Las Cruces. A great introduction to local food, but there are just better choices around town. A wide variety of different types of food. I also had a sangria margarita that was wonderful. Friendly service and very comfortable. In any other city in the US, this would be the best Mexican restaurant in town, but in Las Cruces, there are just so many good restaurants.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Consistent, Good Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Of the many, many Mexican restaurants in Las Cruces, Si Senor is one of our favorites. It's very clean, we have never had to wait for a table, and the food is always very good. The salsa is really good. Prices are very reasonable. I've never had a bad experience at Si Senor and highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Eat Here if You are from Out of Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

OVERALL:

As a native Las Crucen, I know about our Las Cruces "Mexican food." This is a very commercialized version. My little brother says "it is white people Mexican food." I think that is a good description. That being said, whenever I have people in from out of town, this is were we go. They serve four salsas with their chips and sopapillas come with every meal.

FOOD:

Though I would not call it "real Mexican food" it is a place to get a very delicious meal. I really like several of their dishes. My husband gets stuffed sopapillas and I get enchiladas or rellenos, usually. The best food here though, is the chips and salsa.

ATMOSPHERE:

This is part of the reason I think you should come here if you are not from town: the atmosphere is nice.

SERVICE:

There are some really great servers that have been working here for years. I have never had sub-par service here. Our annual Christmas dinner for work is sometimes held here, and even though we are a big group, they always accommodate us easily.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Duncanville, TX
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We were told about this restaurant when we asked the front desk at Hampton Inn for a referral for good food. He was right...we enjoyed it very much. It was true Mexican cuisine not TexMex. Tip.....the burritos are quite large so you may want to consider a half.

Visited March 2014
“it's OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

we have friends who enjoy si senor, and we will sometimes eat there to accommodate them--otherwise, I would pass--there are just too many other places in town with good AUTHENTIC mexican food--being a native, I'm picky--

• Visited January 2014