“Horrible Service” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Horrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am never real picky about restaurants but I went to Main Street Bistro last night for dinner by myself. When the waiter came to my table with water, he just asked what I wanted to drink. No "hello", no "how are you",no "Welcome to Main Street Bistro"...nothing. He finally came to take my order and I went to the salad bar. Upon returning to my booth I found two people sitting in the booth and my water and silverware had been cleared. I found the waiter and told him. He never apologized in any manner. I told him I needed my silverware and water and he told me he would get it. 5 minutes later he hadn't brought it and I had to track him down and ask for it again. No apology. Finally he brought my roasted chicken but not the fries. He told me they would be out in two minutes. 5 minutes later I received my fries and had nearly finished my chicken by then.

I have always had good food at this bistro and service has been decent...but this was inexcusable. I could have dealt with it better had I received any kind of apology or acknowledgement that they had erred. I tried to find the manager to talk to him after I had paid and he was no where to be found.

I am debating as to whether or not I will return. It is a great addition to Las Cruces and the food is reasonable and good. However, they need to get servers who care about the customer. I don't even think what happened to me last night was something that could have been avoided with proper training. People don't or shouldn't need training to put a smile on their face and project to the customer that they care.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denville, New Jersey
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant. They have a great salad bar with delicious breads from the bakery close by. I had pot roast (nice comfort food). They had my favorite Malbec wine (Catena) by the glass -- what more could you ask for? You have to check out the piano player, he never takes a break!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Fun outdoors place but not good food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was our 1st time to go to the Bistro. Our daughter/husband had gone and said the food wasn't good but great place to get a beer or drink but don't bother to getting something to eat. We decided to make our own decision on the place so went Sunday for lunch and she was right fun place to sit outside and beer/drinks were plentiful but food was terrible. I got salad bar/bread bar - salad bar had very little protein choices and at that the eggs were frozen and bread bar was a joke - 1 choice of bread. I asked to try something else and went with the chicken salad and it had so much mayo on it you couldn't taste anything else. My husband had the Reuben sandwich and the meat was so fatty he had to take most of it out to even eat it. We were so disappointed and doubt we would go back for any reason.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Mexico
“Excellent fresh made food. Great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Same owner as Zaffiro's, Main Street Bistro is located basically at the other end of the same building. It is two doors down from the Rio Grande Theatre. Very nice inside, casual, not a bar, but a pub. Food was excellent and many interesting choices. Lunch menu includes salad bar, sandwiches, burgers. Also offer steak, seafood, and ribs...We hat the Green Chile Crouquette appetizer and a couple of specialty burgers. Everything was excellent and everything, fries, buns, etc, were fresh made. Prices were about average for gourmet burgers. Fountain drinks were a bit pricey for what they were (watery). Overall, excellent and highly recommended. Also, if its nice outside, you may try dining al fresco! If its not windy, but a bit chilly, still dine al fresco, they have huge outdoor heaters. I am sure they will have misters in the summer. .

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Nice downtown choice and reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We've eaten here for both lunch and dinner, and enjoyed both. I especially liked the chile alfredo for dinner. It's a nice spicy take on a classic dish. Early reviews faulted service a bit, but it looks like they've worked out the kinks. Service has been fine.

• Visited February 2013