“Lived Up to its Claim” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
Longview, Texas, United States
“Lived Up to its Claim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It has been a long time since we stayed in a Motel 6. We chose to do so on this trip because of its pet-friendly policy nationwide. So many other places add exorbitant up-charge fee even though we have a very small dog. We were very pleasantly surprised at how friendly the staff was at check-in. The hotel was clean and in good condition. We could suggest that they splurge just a bit on their "free" coffee in the morning which was offered in the smallest cups made and no lids. Arrangements with a nearby restaurant provided a meal delivered to the front desk - not quite room service but adequate. We understand that in order to keep their rate as low as they do, there is little offered in extra amenities. A comfortable king size bed was welcome - another surprise because many of these hotels do not offer the king rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

they charge $6 a day extra for a room with a fridge and microwave and they don't have a public computer in the lobby, unlike several other motel 6s in new mexico that provide all 3 for no extra charge.
the mattresses and pillows are extremely thin and uncomfortable. at least the floor was wood instead of the usual filthy carpetting at motel 6s. my room was clean.
the young daytime deskclerk was not friendly- she needs to be retrained in customer service

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We could hear everything in the surrounding rooms. There was a Dog in the next room whining most of the night, guests upstairs stomping around, and other guests hanging around outside the rooms. Our room was clean but the exterior and interior are in need of some work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was reluctant to stay here after I saw the reviews but tried it anyway because of my budget. The lady at the front desk was nice. I checked the room for bugs and hair but didn't find any. If I was picky I could say they need a little maintenance but what budget hotel doesn't. They either listened to your reviews or I had a really good housekeeper. I would recommend it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Victorville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel may be cheap, but it is still not worth it. The staff IS very nice however they can not make up for the condition this property is kept in. Our first room was dirty: with dirty beds, kitchen, dead bugs and unclean beds!! The second room had ants. My children and I got bit repeatedly. The wals are thin, we could hear everything outside. I would NOT recommend this location. Pay more for cleaner and more comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

At check-in the desk clerk gave us "a quiet room-in the back on the ground floor". He didn't tell us there were many, many screaming, stomping, running, did I say screaming Little Leaguers and their sisters staying there for the same two nights we would be there along with their loud drunken "adult" sponsers playing their not really music until 11 pm both nights. When we returned to our room the second day we found a Pringles container on our nightstand and Pringles all over the floor. Someone had definitely sat on our bed and used the phone while eating the Pringles. And to top it off someone stole our ear protection headset from our room. To check out we had to wade through a pile of beer cans to get to the lobby. The only positive was the quiet JROTC boys on both sides. Don't park anywhere near the grass - your vehicle will be covered with hard water spots the next morning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this motel 6 more than 5 times, when I travel to & from Texas to California its my halfway point, I have 2 dogs & they have no fee & are low in cost & if you reserve your room online even more less. You get what you pay for here nothing fancy, there is always truckers & creepy men make sure your vehicle is secure. I only stay over night so its ok to me because i'm just looking for some where to get sleep before continuing my driving the next morning!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Motel 6 Las Cruces? Share your experiences!