“Too pet friendly” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tacoma, Washington
“Too pet friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

When we checked in, we asked for a room that hadn't had pets in it. They didn't have any. They moved us to the top floor where the smokers were, but we were put at the other end. We were told there were no pets on the 4th floor. We placed a towel at the bottom of the door to keep out the smoke smell. When we were going to breakfast the next morning, we were met by a person with two dogs on the floor. Pets are fine, but once they occupy a room, unless the room is throughly cleaned, pet dander remains.
We have stayed at La Quinta before and never had this problem. Seems the people here were more concerned about pets than about the human customer.

Room Tip: If you have pets, this is the place for you.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
hendersonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Overall experience was excellent.Floors were a little dirty probably due to pets. Bed were very comfortable and room was quiet. We do not eat sugary and high carb breakfast that is just personal preference. While on the road we like clean, quiet and comfortable and firm beds this hotel overall offered us all we needed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This property is in an excellent location. This time of year the rooms are a great value. The breakfast selection was a little thin but there is a Cracker Barrel out the back door. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Marana, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

After travelling over 500 miles we decided to stay at the La Quinta. After arriving to our room next to the elevator which I didn't want to be next to, the air conditioner wouldn't come on. My husband went down to get the clerk and I had adjusted the plug in to the air conditioner and then it started working. The toilet seems to have some issues. The only place that has grass for our dachshund to potty was in the front. Some other hotels have designated area for the pets to potty with waste bags. Also the people on the floors seem very inconsiderate. They slam the doors and don't seem to care that other people may be trying to rest.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is a little worn, but overall it is clean and average for LaQuinta. Breakfast is the usual LQ fare, waffle machine, cereal, yogurt, muffins, boiled eggs, etc. There is no breakfast room attendant, except for the front desk staff. Our room was large and clean with a decent shower. Not terribly quiet with I-10 adjacent and slamming doors in the interior corridors - turn on the fan on the heat/AC unit to drown out the noises! The elevator is a little smelly with a wood floor that shouldn't get wet. The grounds are decent, however the pool is at the front of the hotel right by the main entrance. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next to the hotel and there are lots of semis and RV's parked in the parking lot between the two properties. If you have a room ending in an odd number it will face this parking lot and before the sun sets three large spotlights shine directly at the hotel creating a glaring all night sun! Its a good thing they have good black out drapes at the windows. All in all it was a good value with the senior discount.

Room Tip: Less noise from the highway in rooms that face the front of the hotel.
Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived Feb 5th for a 1 night stay. At check in we asked if our rewards could be earned for the stay even though we booked on hotels.com the clerk said no problem (I later found out through a la quinta rep this wasn't true. No reason to lie it was a simple question.). We were given a room on the 3rd floor. After 10pm we could clearly hear a very loud man cussing and what sounded like a woman crying. I called the front desk from the room concerned that it sounded domestic & the clerk said she would go see what was happening. I told her be careful it sounded really bad. After another half hour of listening to this vulgar man cuss & use racial slurs I called the front desk again (from the room) to check the status of the issue. Nobody answered. I called from my cell phone & the clerk immediately answered. I identified myself as having called earlier re the loud man in the parking lot and she promptly HUNG UP ON ME!!! She never called me back and had my room # so I know it was intentional. I called the police and requested a unit. Eventually it quieted down. I requested the manager contact me as I was checking out & left my phone #. I received a we will look into it email. Manager emailing when I left my phone number explains why staff feels it's ok to hang up on guests. Why bother talking to the guests that guarantee you receive a paycheck? Lots of decent hotels in Las Cruces no reason to subject yourself to such nonsense.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed the hotel, with no issues. Is an excellent hotel for business and pleasure. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Las Cruces, NM area! Is conveniently located to shopping, interstate and New Mexico State University.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Cruces Organ Mountain? Share your experiences!