“Don't waste your money!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aransas Pass, Texas, United States
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Let's start with the positives: It has high-speed internet and it's right next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant. Now the negatives: Where do I start? I found this place online, rated at 2 1/2 stars, for a moderate price - should've been just what I was looking for. Unfortunately I was HUGELY disappointed right from the start. When I walked in the lobby, it smelled terrible, was dingy, and the decor is old. Hardly welcoming. Anyway, I'm traveling by myself with a 1 yr old and 3 yr old, it's late, and I've already paid for my 4-day reservation, so it's too late to turn back now! Giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping my room is in better condition than the lobby, I somehow manage to wrestle my 2 babies and our luggage up to my 3rd floor room in one trip all by myself since there were no available luggage carts, and am very ready to kick off my shoes and relax... but no such luck. The room was littered with hair - EVERYWHERE!- long black hairs on the sink, tub, and ice bucket, and the "fresh" washcloth and shampoo on the side of the tub was wrapped by a long pubic hair (I took a picture on my cell phone if anyone is interested). There was a layer of dust on everything, the carpet is full of stains, grout missing in the bathroom tile, the plug for the tub was broken and sitting to the side (not a good thing with 2 toddlers) and just like the lobby, everything is dingy and old. Just the type of appointments you'd expect from a side-of-the-road No-Tell Motel. Also, no firdge or microwave (my fault for not realizing I was paying for a room without those amenities, I thought they were standard these days). Anyway, I'm on my last (4th) night, I come back to my room after a very long, stressful day of family business, and my bed isn't even made. There was a note from housekeeping saying it couldn't be made because she "could not touch my belongings"... I had left my babies blanket on the bed this morning. If ALL belongings need to be removed before the bed can be made, there needs to be a big sign posted somewhere! I'll be checking out tomorrow even though it turns out I'll be here the rest of the week. I would rather pack up all of my belongings and go through the hassle of moving than stay here one more night. It's horrible!

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, make sure you pay that extra charge for a room with a fridge and micr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The reviews of most chain motels along I-10 in El Paso and Las Cruces run the spectrum from awful to mediocre, so it was hard to make a decision about where to stay first night on a long drive out of Texas. This LQ was just fine. The front desk staff was wonderful (they hung onto my computer adapter I left in the wall for a week, til I could come back thru and get it). This is some remodeled property LQ took over, I guess--the rooms are laid out differently, smaller, but ours was just fine for a night, and it was $59. My only complaint is chiefly directed at other guests traveling with dogs: PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG! LQ is nice enough not to charge for our pets, so this would be common courtesy. The lawn around this place is a landmine of little-dog piles. Yes, LQ should clean it, but I also blame the dog owners. Last report: we did find a bag of breakfast trash from a nearby chain on the overhead rack in the closet area the morning we were leaving---not our trash. I thought to myself, "this is the kind of thing someone would get on Trip Advisor and rant about." We never knew it was there, but yes, housekeeping should have seen it and removed it. And like other reviewers said, the lobby furniture has seen better days. But hey, it was $59.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We were traveling from Florida to Arizona and chose the La Quinta hotel chain because they welcome pets. Unfortunately for this property, we stayed the first two nights of our trip in some outstanding properties and this one fell short by comparison. The person checking us in was not friendly and seemed unhappy with her job. Since we were traveling with our dog perhaps they relegated us to a lesser room. The carpet was stained, the ottoman was stained, and the drain in the bathtub was broken. Otherwise the room seemed clean. We were supposed to have a non-smoking room but when the heat came on there was an unmistakable smell of cigarette smoke. The corridor outside our room also smelled strongly of smoke. When it came time to check out no one could be found. The man ahead of me had to go find someone to check us all out. (By this time three of us were waiting to leave.) Evidently, the front desk person was also having to serve the breakfast so was in a hurry to get rid of us all. We were disappointed with our stay and would try the other nearby La Quinta next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was in town for 3 days on a project for work. Many of the other properties had already filled up so I tried the La Quinta as the last couple I have stayed at have been decent. This one is OK at best. Hotel is cheaply made with paper thin walls - I can tell you what everyone around me was talking about, breakfast is very limited (toast, nut muffins and cereal) and not maintained very well. The room was clean and had everything it should, but nothing special. Internet worked but was a bit sluggish. TV worked ok but they had some weird system installed at the hotel and you could not get a couple of channels they listed - hotel staff said they don't know anything about how to make the channels work as it is some other company who does it for them. Stay was ok but nothing special. Would still select a Holiday Inn, Hampton or Marriott property as my first choice.

Room Tip: 1st Floor is Noisy with Paper Thin Walls so you can hear everything from other rooms and lobby.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Fountain Hills, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Very nice La Quinta. There are two La Quintas in Las Cruces close to each other. The Organ Mountain location is newer and has four stories. As you exit IH10, this property is on the right side across from the older La Quinta. There is a Cracker Barrel right behind the hotel's rear parking area. Plenty of parking for vehicles with trailers or campers. We prefer the fourth floor. It really does not matter which side of the hotel you stay on as both sides are quiet. The side facing the back parking lot has king size beds so that is the side we stayed on. Although IH 10 is on that side, it was quiet as the freeway is quite a distance away.

Room Tip: We prefer the fourth floor several doors down from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We've stayed here before but wouldn't recommend it again. The carpets were filthy and the toilet needed to be cleaned on the outside.

• Stayed October 2011
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We were looking for a quick place to sleep and this did the job. A no frills motel, but it was clean and safe. The room was clean and neat, but a little crammed. Bed was comfortable.
Location was really good for travelers.
Free internet that worked well.
Free breakfast that was kind of lacking and super basic, but enough to hold us over until snack time on the road. Not enough room really for everyone to eat there, but not the smallest breakfast area we've seen.
They have a good size outdoor pool that my husband checked out. He said it was clean, but we opted not to have the kids swim this day. Our room overlooked the pool and some people were using it later in the evening.
Lots of parking with good lighting.
They allow dogs (we didn't have one but others did).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Cruces Organ Mountain? Share your experiences!