“"love the food here"” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
“"love the food here"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been here several times, and I've found the food to be consistently delightful. I particularly enjoy the Southwest Shrimp Lo Mein and the Yake Mein (Fresh Noodle) soup. The prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is casual. It gets a little busy at the normal lunch hour so I would recommend you avoid that. Enjoy

• Visited March 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Watch your bill at the end!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here based on TA high ranking-tourists passing through. Food was well-prepared, though the chicken kung pow was way too spicy hot for my taste . The fresh noodle soup was wonderful. Coffee was excellent. But we got a check at the end that was $18 over our order! No apologies offered. Had to request water twice before being served. Servers (unwittingly ?) are not providing a welcoming atmosphere. Too bad because the food served was high quality.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Summerfield, Florida
“Good food, warm ambiance, and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've had breakfast and lunch here on several occasions this past year, and enjoyed it every time. The food is fresh, beautifully presented, and reasonably priced. The service is excellent and the the ambiance is warm and friendly. The Asian bowls are especially attractive.

I live in Florida, and visit Las Cruses for medical reasons, so I am not a regular customer. The owner never fails to say hello, even though I am an infrequent visitor, and is always very accommodating to my needs and those of my friends.

Nancy S.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not Quite Very Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We ate here for the first time recently - did lunch. The space has been a couple of different restaurants over the years so we thought we would see what a place featuring Asian rice bowls would be like. In fact, because of the bowls, I avoided the wraps, sandwiches, and burgers on the menu. That was probably a mistake.
I ordered a rice bowl featuring chicken and pineapple. I received a large bowl with an appropriate dollop of rice on one side. In looking through the contents there was a nice selections of vegetables - broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, water chestnuts, etc. There were also lots of nice chunks of chicken. Basically, it looked like the ideal healthy lunch, the kind my wife would prefer I eat.
The problem was that the only real taste in this mixture was the occasional pineapple piece. It looks like the chicken was boiled to cook it so not much taste there afterward. Also, the vegetables tasted as if they were just boiled as well. This dish, except for the few pineapple bits, had not pop, no zip, no nothing. I yearned to pour soy sauce all over it.
I wanted to give the place a fourth star because it could have been so good, so healthy but they seem to have lost all the seasonings you can use in Oriental cooking.
My wife, on the other hand, was delighted with her chicken tortilla soup w/green chile. Lots of good flavors and well prepared.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Adifferent place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Finally went to Cafe A Go Go after seeing it for many months and not trying. So sorry we waited so long. As we walked in , we were welcomed by the staff. , waited on immediately even though it was crowded. Menu is very inclusive- Asian, Mexican and just plain American. We had rice bowls- delicious and plentiful.You must try the Krab Ragoon-WOW. Very fresh food. Large variety of drinks. Friendly staff and very helpful. Will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere