“great stay, as should be expected of HIX.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Chicago, Illinois
“great stay, as should be expected of HIX.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Relatively new, we had a suite, nice and roomy. Windows even opened which I totally appreciate.Staff was attentive, good stay. Beds, sheeting up to par. Overall, fine w/ us as we always try to stay in HIX.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear njmonst,

You are right, we are relatively new. We opened in November 2011 and still are Las Cruces' newest hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad you found the your suite nice and roomy. We hope we get to see you soon. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very nice hotel and they will make sure you're taken care of. I made a reservation and due to someone not being out of the room in a timely manner, Holiday Inn North had to send me to a hotel across the street as all of their other rooms were taken. They had been assured I was getting a comparable room to what I had reserved. Unfortunately, the other hotel did not give me a room with 2 queen beds as I had reserved. I talked to the staff at Holiday Inn Express North about the room at the other hotel and how I was disappointed in the room as it wasn't what I'd reserved. Since Holiday Inn had to send me to another hotel, they were already taking care of that night's stay. Because of my disappointment in the room at the other hotel not having 2 beds, Holiday Inn Express offered me a night when I was next in Las Cruces. I utilized that night recently and was very impressed with the quality of the room. It was clean, comfortable beds, room to sit, quiet and the stay was very pleasant. The AC in the room was very quiet which was not the case at the other hotel. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: .Our room was on the 4th floor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear znewmex,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you were able to utilize your room the next time you were in town. I am sure glad that you were impressed with the quality of the room. Your feedback is very important to us. We will definitely look forward to the next time you are in town. We are here for you.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We held a conference here. My room was clean and quiet (no noise from the outside even though we were close to a major road and a couple "happening" restaurants. The front desk staff was friendly.
My complaints, the breakfast left a lot to be desired - scrambled eggs from a box (ugh). The coffee was good though. My other complaint would be that the hotel only had 1 elevator and at different times, there would be a queue. Would either of my complaints keep me from coming back? No, if I have to return to LC, I'd stay at the HIE & Suites, North.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Susan G,

I am happy that you had your conference here. I heard it was a good conference. You are right the elevator can be a bit slow at times, but there is a staircase at either side of the building if you don't mind stairs. I glad your rooms was clean and quiet. I will be sure to share your comments about breakfast, there are many more protein option for breakfast besides the scrambled eggs. We have just added some new items to our breakfast items such as Greek yogurt and gluten free bagels. I am happy to know that you will be staying here again next time you are here in town.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I would like to say that the front desk clerk during check-in was slow and inefficient. I would like to say that my room was In disrepair and dated. I would like to say the pool area was dirty and in need of repair. I would like to say that breakfast was sparse. I would like to say this hotel is over priced. If I was to say those things....I would be a liar. This hotel met all of my expectations and then some. Breakfast was scrambled eggs and bacon, pancakes, cereals, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. The pool area was well kept and the pool water was reasonable temperature. The only complaint I have, and I mean the only complaint, is one morning at breakfast the one woman taking care of stocking breakfast items was really busy and couldn't keep up with the demand; I saw two men behind the front desk doing absolutely nothing. I would have thought they could have taken a few minutes to help the breakfast server.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear steveb1953

I must say as I started to read you comments, I got a little worried. However, I liked your humor when you said "I would be a liar". Whew! I am happy that we met all your expectations and then some.

I appreciate your comments on the breakfast and will use your comments as a training opportunity. You are right, the two gentlemen behind the desk should have came out and offered a helping hand to the breakfast attendant. At the very least, one of them should have.

Your comments are very much appreciated and taken seriously. We look forward to seeing you again and hope it is in the near future. Until we see each other again, safe travels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed in hotel for a conference at the end of April. The hotel is close to restaurants and has complimentary breakfast and a exercise room that is open 24 hours. The hotel has easy access to interstate 25 and us 70 from here you will be able to go to Las Cruces, NM and downtown Las Cruces.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear fox789:

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am very happy that you found the hotel and its location to be great.

We hope to see you soon again, until then safe travels.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great clean new hotel, quiet, in a great neighborhood with lots of places to eat, get gas and shop. Upper floors are quiet, they are pet friendly for a 10$ fee. Rooms spacious and very clean. Slow elevator. Well lit parking. Breakfast was ok, all the usual amenities and well presented, just set up in 4 different stations, so a lot of running around. On our list of return hotels.

Room Tip: Top floors, east or back side
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear FloridaBC :

We are so ecstatic that we made your list of "return hotels". We try very hard each day to create a hotel that guest love. You are correct, we have designated pet rooms and only charge a $10 pet fee for your pets to stay with you in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Five nights and the linens and towels were changed daily. Staff very friendly and the hotel very clean. A good hot breakfast is served each morning. On the north side of town, not close to old town or university but it was very quiet. Great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Smagsunrise:

Yay!! We are glad you found the hotel to be a great place to stay. Your kind comments are genuinely appreciated and makes the staff and I keep trying to create a hotel the guest love.

We hope to see you again soon!

Victor D.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North? Share your experiences!