“Nice, new clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
Olyphant
“Nice, new clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and myself stayed here for three nights while visiting my son who lives in Las Cruces. After our three night stay we left and then came back for 1 more night before we started on our way back home. Our first stay was wonderful. This is a very clean and comfortable hotel. Room was large, beds were super comfortable had a refrigerator and micro which was helpful. Breakfast was good. Check in on first visit was excellent. Young man was very pleasant gave us bottled water since we are priority members. Also had good cookies every nite. Only downsize was a slow elevator. When we checked out I asked the girl if we could have the same room when we returned in two days and if not please put us on the top floor, she replied we could have the same room. Great.

On our return we checked in and same girl was there and she gives me a room on the second floor I tell her about check out and she tells me she remembers me, but only promised the same type of room, manager overhears her and moves me to top floor and a suite, which was the same room only with a small sink added and a cabinet, but I did appreciate that he did that, but as I go to leave she gives me no water, which she just gave to the man in front of me since he was a priority member, I think she was not happy with me. I understand requests are just that, requests, but please don't promise something and then try to get out of it by lying, just admit you made a mistake

Overall I think this is an excellent hotel in a great location, quiet, clean, great mattress, new furnishings, great breakfast.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear newdis,

Thank you for the kind review. I apologize that our front desk did not keep her promise. I am glad that my manager on duty was able to correct the issue for you. Yes, you should have received some water at check-in. We our happy that you came back to stay with and hope to see you again when you visit your son. Until then, safe travels.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed for one night in a double bed suite. I was impressed after opening the door to the room - dark hardwood floors in the kitchen, full size fridge, microwave, a mini stove top, and a dining table with two comfortable chairs. The overall decor was simple, dark, and contemporary and really looked good. The beds seemed to be fairly new. There were a couple of dining options across the street Ruby Tuesdays and Unos and we got menus for both at the front desk. Both restaurants have carryout options which is very convenient. I started to go through the kitchen for plates etc and upon opening every cupboard found the only dishware/utensils available where a couple (2) paper plates in a freezer bag with plastic utensils. Kind of odd. With all of that cupboard storage area maybe storing a few dishes would be good. If you wanted to use the stove- there were no pots or pans either. As I pulled out my chair to sit down at the table I found a used Q-tip and multiple crayons on top of the cushion. I just threw them away but at this point I was wondering "what else"....Luckily the answer was nothing as the bed was comfortable and I appreciated that both soft and firm pillows were on each bed. Breakfast was good as well. I would return but if standard rooms have a mini fridge and microwave, I would just get that over the suite since it's not well equipped.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear tigerseyes,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will be back to visit us soon. You are correct; we provide a little kit with disposable dishes and utensils in case our guest needs them. It is stored in a plastic bag to keep them clean. Most of our guest do not stay for extended periods of time and do not need a fully equipped kitchen so we have the kitchen ware available at the front desk for guest to use. I am embarrassed that you found a used Q-tip and multiple crayons on top of the cushion in your room. Please be assured that we have addressed this issue and corrective measures are in place to prevent this from happening again. I apologize; you should have not found that in your room. Again, we look forward to your next stay with us, until then, safe travels.

VictorD
Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I do no normally stay at many chain hotels but due to a shoulder injury (presently in rehab) I chose this facility mainly for their indoor pool and hot tub. what a pleasant surprise, the rooms were very well decorated, the easy chair " almost comfortable" the restroom large and well appointed, and the bed comfortable with four pillows of different firmness.
Their printer in the business center was on the fritz so Brian ( Bam Bam ) let me use the one at the front counter. The continental breakfast was above average for a chain, well laid out and had some variety from day to day. for quiet I would suggest a fourth floor room facing the rear.

Room Tip: fourth floor facing the rear on the north side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We are so glad that you choose to give our hotel chain an opportunity to earn your trust. Thank you for your kind review. We hope that your shoulder get well soon. See you next time!
Oceanside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I were traveling thru Las Cruces and picked this Holiday Inn Express to stay at based on other Trip Advisor reviews. Wow, they were all correct, this was a nice newer hotel with an awesome staff. I made the reservation the previous day (last minute again) and wasn't gauranteed a king sized bed. But when we checked in the nice young man at the desk upgradded us to a suite with a king. The hotel is spotless the breakfast very good and it is close to the mall and restaurants. We will definately stop again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are so happy you picked our hotel to stay at. It so exciting the you were "Wow''d! We try hard to create a great hotel that guest love! We hope to see you again soon.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This appears to be a new hotel that is well designed. The rooms are very clean and even with a good number of guests it seemed very quiet. A breakfast buffet is included as well as free internet. Was a nice place to stop for a single evening on a road trip. Selected hotel based on past Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you found the hotel "clean and quitet". We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling on business and decided on this hotel b/c of the kitchen option.
I was very very impressed with the modern rooms, very clean, and quiet. I was however confused on the kitchen concept... Full fridge, microwave, cook top and dishwasher, but no pots, no utensils, no plates, or anything. Not even a garbage can in the kitchen, no kitchen towel or even soap... What's the point?
There were 2 plastic plates and bowls.
Kind of bummed since the point is to cook and not eat out as a weekly traveler.
But rooms are very nice and clean.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are happy you choose to stay at our hotel. We are sorry about the confusion, about our kitchen suites. Since not all our guest that stay with us are "extended stay" guest we have the pot, pans and other kitchen items avaiable at the front desk. We hope we get to see you again soon, we will provide you with what you need to make your next stay more enjoyable. Until then, safe travels.
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Everyone was friendly
Breakfast ladies were on top of it
Front desk was very accommodating
Very good location, within walking distance to restaurants (Uno's, Ruby Tuesday, Subway and a non-chain pizza place) movie theatre, and stores (Sam's Club and Big K)
Had Disney channel for the kids.
Very clean and updated rooms.

Cons:
Pool could have been better
Pool had too much chlorine in it

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. We try to ensure that your will "love" our hotel. Sorry about the pool having too much chlorine, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Rest assured that we have checked into it and the chlorine levels are where they should be for everyone's safety. We hope to get to get see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North? Share your experiences!