“Everyone was very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
“Everyone was very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is clean and well maintained. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast was tasty and hot. The workout rooms was a bit small but well maintained equipment. I suggest they add an additional cardio machine.

Room Tip: Las Cruces is not very scenic I would just avoid a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we are very happy that you found the hotel is clean and well maintained. We appreciate the suggestion to add an additional cardio machine. We take all suggestions into consideration and appreciate the feedback. I have shared your suggestion with the owner. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Lots of parking, just off the freeway but had a very good sized quiet room with a king bed. In room wifi worked well and the whole place was clean and well kept. I would stay there again! The included breakfast was good and hot. Staff was professional.

Room Tip: Stay at the back of the hotel away from the freeway side for a quiet time.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Silver City, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband needed some medical procedures and this hotel was nicely located near the newer part of town and many medical facilities including Mountain View Medical Center. They graciously allowed us to stay a bit past check out time when we explained our medical needs. The rooms were very clean and well appointed and included the "no worries" top cover linen that obviously gets laundered after each guest leaves. The indoor pool and hot tub were very nice too. There are numerous restaurants within a short drive. I worked out in the smallish fitness center, dined at Ruby Tuesday's for the evening, enjoyed the hotel's nice hot breakfast, all while my husband ate jello and drank his 2 liters of movi prep.
I hope the next time we come, he can enjoy it as much as I did:)
The down side was that there was no view of the beautiful Organ Mountains to the east due to a large berm that blocked it off. Most of the motels in the area had the same issue.

Room Tip: I think the basic rooms are all pretty much alike. Since it's new, the in-room heat and air con...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Adrienne H,

Thank you for choosing to stay here and for taking the time to write the review. We are glad you found the hotel be near the medical facility for your husband's needs. We hope next time that your husband can visit under better circumstances so that he too can enjoy the hotel's facilities. We are so happy you enjoyed your brief visit and hope that you two can come back soon.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is new and clean and in a convenient location for easy explorations of Las Cruces, the fantastic nearby White Sands National Monument and lovely Mesilla. Unfortunately there were a lot of problems with my key card - the female clerk at the front desk was unable to program it multiple times and unapologetic for the inconvenience of having me running back and forth from the 4th floor to the front desk carrying my heavy items. My throwing a fit about her ineptitude and disinterest in helping me resulted in an apologetic call from the night manager, Chris who happened to be off duty, having left the aforementioned clerk to run the place alone. The wi-fi signal was poor throughout my stay. I was unable to reliably use my smartphone to access the web and when I complained at the front desk, I was only given the option of using an ethernet cable for using a laptop to access the hotel's wired network. Upon departure the clerk was unable to generate a printed copy of my bill blaming a printer problem. This hotel should look into hiring employees who can handle the technology requirements of their roles or potentially upgrade some of the systems that appear to be malfunctioning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Chiquitita ,

We are happy that you found the hotel to be new, clean, and conveniently located near White Sands National Monument and Old Mesilla. Thank you for bringing to our attention about the key card not working properly, the WiFi not being very reliable, and our frontdesk printer to working properly. Please be assured that that this is not the norm and are staff is well trained in our key systems. We have also addressed the WiFi issue with our IT company and have made some modification to correct any future issues with our WiFi. I apologize that you experienced these issues during your stay with us. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay at this location in four months. It was quiet, reasonable, and convenient. Business features in this hotel have been reliable on both occasions. When we return to Las Cruces, we will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for visiting us for a second time. We truly appreciate the review. We look forward to your third visit with us. See you soon.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My Dad and I had to come to Las Cruces for a funeral. After checking reviews, I picked this Holiday Inn. Because it was a morning service, I asked the reservations and front desk manager if it would be possible to check out an hour later. They made me an instant "Priority Club Rewards" member which allows for late check out/early check in. When we arrived after a 6 hour drive, the front desk staff was friendlier and more courteous than some big-name resorts I've stayed in. The rooms were spotlessly clean. And in each room, the staff had put a sympathy card on the nightstand. This personal and caring touch earned them 10 stars, if that were possible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Welcome to the "Priority Club Rewards" family! Thank you for your kind words and praise in your review. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.
ipswich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Just wanted to say we totally agree with bigp's review of this hotel nothing more to add except we hope to make it back to Las Cruces one day and would certainly stay at this very clean and friendly staffed hotel no question! They made a couple from England who had been on an epic road trip feel very at home thank you

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We love your title...."Home from home :)". Hopefully you will make it back to the hotel one and Las Cruces one day! Safe travels.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North? Share your experiences!