“Right place, right time” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Silver City, New Mexico
“Right place, right time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband needed some medical procedures and this hotel was nicely located near the newer part of town and many medical facilities including Mountain View Medical Center. They graciously allowed us to stay a bit past check out time when we explained our medical needs. The rooms were very clean and well appointed and included the "no worries" top cover linen that obviously gets laundered after each guest leaves. The indoor pool and hot tub were very nice too. There are numerous restaurants within a short drive. I worked out in the smallish fitness center, dined at Ruby Tuesday's for the evening, enjoyed the hotel's nice hot breakfast, all while my husband ate jello and drank his 2 liters of movi prep.
I hope the next time we come, he can enjoy it as much as I did:)
The down side was that there was no view of the beautiful Organ Mountains to the east due to a large berm that blocked it off. Most of the motels in the area had the same issue.

Room Tip: I think the basic rooms are all pretty much alike. Since it's new, the in-room heat and air con...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Adrienne H,

Thank you for choosing to stay here and for taking the time to write the review. We are glad you found the hotel be near the medical facility for your husband's needs. We hope next time that your husband can visit under better circumstances so that he too can enjoy the hotel's facilities. We are so happy you enjoyed your brief visit and hope that you two can come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is new and clean and in a convenient location for easy explorations of Las Cruces, the fantastic nearby White Sands National Monument and lovely Mesilla. Unfortunately there were a lot of problems with my key card - the female clerk at the front desk was unable to program it multiple times and unapologetic for the inconvenience of having me running back and forth from the 4th floor to the front desk carrying my heavy items. My throwing a fit about her ineptitude and disinterest in helping me resulted in an apologetic call from the night manager, Chris who happened to be off duty, having left the aforementioned clerk to run the place alone. The wi-fi signal was poor throughout my stay. I was unable to reliably use my smartphone to access the web and when I complained at the front desk, I was only given the option of using an ethernet cable for using a laptop to access the hotel's wired network. Upon departure the clerk was unable to generate a printed copy of my bill blaming a printer problem. This hotel should look into hiring employees who can handle the technology requirements of their roles or potentially upgrade some of the systems that appear to be malfunctioning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Chiquitita ,

We are happy that you found the hotel to be new, clean, and conveniently located near White Sands National Monument and Old Mesilla. Thank you for bringing to our attention about the key card not working properly, the WiFi not being very reliable, and our frontdesk printer to working properly. Please be assured that that this is not the norm and are staff is well trained in our key systems. We have also addressed the WiFi issue with our IT company and have made some modification to correct any future issues with our WiFi. I apologize that you experienced these issues during your stay with us. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay at this location in four months. It was quiet, reasonable, and convenient. Business features in this hotel have been reliable on both occasions. When we return to Las Cruces, we will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for visiting us for a second time. We truly appreciate the review. We look forward to your third visit with us. See you soon.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My Dad and I had to come to Las Cruces for a funeral. After checking reviews, I picked this Holiday Inn. Because it was a morning service, I asked the reservations and front desk manager if it would be possible to check out an hour later. They made me an instant "Priority Club Rewards" member which allows for late check out/early check in. When we arrived after a 6 hour drive, the front desk staff was friendlier and more courteous than some big-name resorts I've stayed in. The rooms were spotlessly clean. And in each room, the staff had put a sympathy card on the nightstand. This personal and caring touch earned them 10 stars, if that were possible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Welcome to the "Priority Club Rewards" family! Thank you for your kind words and praise in your review. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.
ipswich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Just wanted to say we totally agree with bigp's review of this hotel nothing more to add except we hope to make it back to Las Cruces one day and would certainly stay at this very clean and friendly staffed hotel no question! They made a couple from England who had been on an epic road trip feel very at home thank you

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We love your title...."Home from home :)". Hopefully you will make it back to the hotel one and Las Cruces one day! Safe travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

After many years of staying at hundreds of different motels, my wife and I decided some time ago to make the Holiday Inn Express our "go to" choice no matter where we might be. In the main, we have been very pleased that we did so. Nearly all HIEs offer travelers comfortable accommodations, many different amenities, a pleasant night's rest at a reasonable rate, and, in the morning, an above-average complimentary breakfast to help folks get on their way refreshed and ready for a new day. The Holiday Inn Express on Telshor Boulevard in northern Las Cruces fits those generalizations to a "T." There is nothing about the HIE that distinguishes it from any of the hundreds of other motels in the chain, but that is hardly a negative evaluation. Anybody finding him or herself in Las Cruces ought seriously to consider this fine, relatively new, location.

North Telshor Boulevard is a busy thoroughfare filled with restaurants, businesses of all sorts, and, within three miles, the large Mesilla Valley Mall, one of New Mexico's biggest such groups of stores. The motel, however, is not close to the heart of the city with its government branches nor to New Mexico State University, though both are easily reached within minutes from the HIE. The motel is also an excellent place to stay for anyone anxious to visit the White Sands National Monument (the interchange with Highway 70 is less than a mile away as is the access to I-25 heading north to Albuquerque which parallels Telshor. I-10 to El Paso or points west is only about five miles to the south.

I doubt that my wife and I will ever be back in Las Cruces again but if we were, a central question might be: would we stay at Telshor Blvd's Holiday Inn Express (there is a second HIE in south Las Cruces)? The answer is simple: Certainly. It is hard to imagine anyone being disappointed if they make that same choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am delighted to read your review. Thank you for your kind words and praise. We hope that your travels bring you back to Las Cruces one day. Happy Holidays!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The holiday inn express was never my first choice for places to stay but is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. They have so many little extras. Like free wi-fi, breakfast, luggage carry until check-in. Which reminds me they let us check in 3 hours early because of the vacancy here. The people were very polite and helpful. I think Las Cruces NM is friendly in general but this place brought it to a whole new level. So much so that I was asking around to find who cleaned our room for the couple of days we were there so I could tip them.

Room Tip: The suites were very nice. They had a little extra room than the regular room but it was still nice...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your awesome review! Its is fantastic to learn that you are considering this chain as your "preffered choice". We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North? Share your experiences!