“Spinach and Fetta Quiche with fresh fruit... yummm ;)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 319 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Spinach and Fetta Quiche with fresh fruit... yummm ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Always a wonderful atmosphere for travelers or locals. And even though they draw in out of towners, they do not insult true southwestern Mexican food by "gringoing" it. Yet offer a wonderful selection of non-Mexican dishes for those not accustomed to spicy dishes. The food is light, fresh, and clean tasting, yet filling. Definitely refreshing if you're travelling and tired of the same'ol run-of-the-mill Denny's type of restaurant. Prices are comparable, the quantity...generous. I'm small, so one dish makes two meals for me.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Great Breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Definitely the best Migas I've ever had! Quaint local spot, doesn't look like much on the outside but packs a punch on the inside!! Great service, great food! Not just your typical breakfast food.

Midas was not greasy, flour tortillas were delightfully light and a perfect addition to the meal.

Looks like it could get busy so get there early!

Visited May 2014
“Pastries from sams club”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I was shocked when we just came from a SAMs club for breakfast and long behold they have the same pastries as sams when I confronted the sever about she he replied we buy them from SAMs and make the breads in house what a shame to be known for a pastry cafe and don't even make there own very disappointed in the owner

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great menu..long wait..noisy..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Ive been here a few times..it is always an initial wait which is handled quite impersonally. We waited for someone to come to the front and receive us to put our name on the list to get a table. Many servers walked by and no one acknowledged us for 10 mins..
The cook-owner just watched from the kitchen and did not direct anyone to greet us. I will eat there again knowing what to expect..the servers just throw the food at you and leave promptly..much less trying to flag them downfor the check..taking another 15 mins.or so..
Please rethink your service..I have a few suggestions..dont have the servers bus the tables...it causes alot of turnover loss and customers waiting for clear tables.I love the food..but you lack basic hospitality..and good service.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very crowded however average NM breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I arrived early, by the time I was leaving there was a substantial line. The restaurant is fairly small. The tables are packed very tightly together making it a challenge to get to the door to leave. I ordered green chili on my eggs and there was far too many black pieces from the charring of the chili's for my preference. The green chili had the perfect kick. My waitress was not very nice...until she handed me the bill...I tried to be kind to her and did not express anything negative to her however she acted like I was a bother or something, all of a sudden when she presented the bill she had a huge smile on her face and was so polite...now? Because she wanted a good tip? She was uncomfortably rude to me up until this point. My breakfast was only OK. It was very average. The Shed does make their own bread and has numerous choices to pick if you want toast, this was a nice plus. Lots of folks were ordering Bellini's so maybe they are something to try here. I do not think I will come back however it is worth a try. The locals seem to favor it.

• Visited April 2014