“Very good pizza and pasta.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 319 restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Pizza
“Very good pizza and pasta.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My family and I decided to eat here for dinner on our way back from White Sands National Monument based on the very good ratings this restaurant received on TripAdvisor. It mainly lived up to the ratings.

You can smell the wood oven as soon as you get out of your car. The restaurant has both indoor seating and open air seating. We were seated at an open air table, which was quite nice considering that it was a cool night. Even though we were seated at an open air table, we could still see the kitchen and the wood oven.

We decided to forgoe an appetizer (the restaurant has a very small selection and you receive a whole loaf of bread for free). However, the restaurant has a relatively large selection of pastas, pizzas, and paninis that are ll reasonably priced. We decided to share our food and ordered two entrees. We ordered a large potato, rosemary, and prosciutto pizza, and a large quattro formaggi with wood fired chicken. Both were very good. Beware though that the pizza did not come with a sauce. It is traditional Neapolitan pizza.

We tried two desserts. I tried the Italian cream cake and my wife tried the chocolate mouse. My dessert was average at best and my wife thought her dessert was poor. I have personally had much better Italian cream cake at other places. Thus, I would recommend to save your money and pass on the desserts.

Overall, the entrees more than made up for the desserts. It is a place to definetly try if you are in the Las Cruces area.

89% Recommend
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've eaten here twice, on two separate visits to Las Cruces and it was very good each time. They were able to accommodate my friends and I, on our last visit, when we had a large party and needed a couple of tables. Waiters are very friendly and helpful and the food is GREAT. Very recommended!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Cruces
“Great White Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

They have one of the "yummiest" white pizza pies I've ever had. Very simple but wonderful blend of flavors and a nice crust. Great value

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LAS CRUCES
“Great pizza and salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place has great wood-fired pizza and salads. It also serves sandwiches and pasta. It is small and often crowded, but the service is fast, and one can sit outside in the enclosed area. When you arrive, they immediately bring a basked of the most delicious bread, baked fresh right there. We often get a small pizza and two side salads, which is enough for us. There is a huge variety of pizzas, including one with pine nuts. They use Kalmata olives, which have a better taste than other black olives, but one is told to watch out for the pits! We haven't run across any pits yet. The salads use various kinds of greens and no iceburg lettuce. This is a "Food for Theater" restaurant, so if you bring you theater stub from the No Strings Theatre or the Las Cruces Community Theatre in the evening, you can get 10% off your bill.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Fe, NM
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Super delish pizza. Always order the zeffiro (pepperoni and green chile) but decided to try the potato rosemary this time. Very good but def for feta lovers only.

Also love their garlic - oil dipping sauce for the bread basket.

A must eat every time I'm in Las Cruces!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere