“Great Hotel - Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Hotel - Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn 10-15 times and keep going back. The staff is always smiling and willing to help, The coffee is always hot and free. There are warm cookies every evening. The food cooked in house isn't all that bad either. The location is right next door to a gas station/mini mart so you can get anything you need to help with your stay. I rescently cancelled a night with them and had forgotten to get the cancellation number and ended up getting charged for the night. I called and spoke with the GM and she removed the charge, no questions asked. Always a great experience.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the first floor as the rooms have higher ceilings
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn PHD on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you had such a lovely stay with us. We realize that you have a choice when booking a guest room in our area and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Sadly this is not the same hotel it was a year ago when I stayed here. Don’t get me wrong, it is one of the three best hotels in the city as far as I know. The building is spacious, elegant in a relaxed South West way and immaculate. The human factor seems to have disappeared. We were treated to a fire alarm testing which lasted 2 or more hours and blasted every room repeatedly. These are essential but because the hotel never bothered to warn the guests, I lost two customers I could have rescheduled or seen elsewhere had I known. They didn’t seem to have warned the staff either as no one knew how long this would go on, that the fire doors in each corridor automatically close and lock when the alarm goes off and what to do to get me back to my room. There is now an impersonal, tired quality to the staff which certainly was not there last time. A few exceptions, of course which make things nice. People like Aaron and Dakota in the dining room, John on desk and a few others provided a spark of joy and a sense they were happy to be there.... Would I stay here again? I’m not sure. There is a wonderful Hampton Inn and Suites across town. It is less convenient but very nice and when I checked in my son, they were pleasant and gracious. I really don’t know.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We had a scheduled fire check and our letters failed to go out to our guests the night before. I'm so sorry that we failed you in this communication. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces last week on a recruiting visit to New Mexico State University. The hotel is VERY close to campus and looked nice online so we picked it.

The exterior design and interior decor is very southwestern which we really enjoyed. Gives you a great southwestern feel which we loved since we are not from the area.

There is a very nice secluded pool area with an awesome fireplace that gives it a very homey feel. Even if you don't swim hanging out by the pool is fun and relaxing.

My only complaint is I think the beds are made of solid concrete and steel! My son plopped down on one after a long day and let out a surprised cry of pain! They really truly are THAT hard! I don't remember ever being on a firmer bed at any hotel ever.

Maybe management will fix the beds and this will be THE place to stay in Las Cruces. You can't beat the location, the decor and a staff that is SUPER nice and attentive to your needs.

Room Tip: Check out the pool area even if not swimming. It is a great place to relax and unwind.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to fill out a review on TripAdvisor.

I have to agree that we have the best pool and great friendly staff. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our over sized fireplace a enjoyed our pool area. On the other hand I was so sad that my team didn't inform you about our Garden Sleeper Beds. All of our beds are adjustable on both sides of the bed so you can get it to the comfort level that you like. So I hope that we see you back soon and you will have a much better night sleep

Have a Great week!

Lubbock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Colleen is a new (1 month) employee of Hilton Garden Inn in Las Cruces, NM. She works in the restaurant in the mornings and was one of the best employees I have run across in a long time. She is very personable, friendly, welcoming, and extremely attentive to customer needs. I hope she stays for a long time. I look forward to future business trips and hope that she will be working the restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away opposite from the interstate for a quieter room. Also make sure the room is abov...
Greensboro, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stay at a lot of Hilton Garden Inns and their direct competition Courtyards. This HGI just has a few too many issues for me to recommend. The staff were great, very helpful and nice. The bartender/waiter in the restaurant tried very hard to please. The fitness room was adequate. The food was OK, but not great. I wish they would adapt something more like Courtyard, with a limited but higher quality menu. The hotel itself is nicely decorated, clean; very typical of a HGI. My issues. 1) The pool and hot tub were closed with no explanation which was disappointing as that is one of the reasons I chose this hotel. 2) The hotel may be convienent if you are visiting NM State but there are no restaurants, stores, or anything other than a gas station close by. 3) the doors inside and out slam unless you are very careful, which most of my fellow guests were not, 4) insulation was minimal, every night I was woken up by the guest upstairs walking back and forth across the room and the guests next door talking on their cell phones. These latter issues I have found are common to newer hotels these days, but some are worse than others and this was pretty bad. My first visit to Las Cruces, but I will be back and I will try another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, to avoid being woken up by the guests above you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent visit to our property. I was happy to see that my team did what they could to make your visit enjoyable. I can understand your concerns with the amount of noise levels that our property has for being a fairly new. I was disappointed that you didn't receive our letter that I created explaining the work that we needed to get done to get our pool ready for our busy season. I realize you do have a choice when you travel and hope that we will see you back again.

Have a wonderful day!

Bethlehem, PA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Right at Exit 1 of I-25 (adjacent to the NMSU campus), this is a fine place to stay in Las Cruces. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - clearly, they had been well-trained. My room was very large and comfortable with all the amenities one could wish for. The pool is large as are the public areas of the hotel.

I will be staying there again. Soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I was very pleased that you loved our location and our large guest rooms. I appreciate your comments and we hope that we will see you back soon!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Best property in Las Cruces, Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. New Breakfast staff gives you something to look forward to in the morning. Rooms are clean and comfortable great property for overnight or extended stays.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms give a great view of the city and mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to go to TripAdvisor to fill out a review on our property and our hospitality of our new breakfast staff members. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit to our property. I agee that we have a beautiful view of our Organ Mountains from our resort style pool. We look forward on you returning to our property when you are visiting our area.

Lisa

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces? Share your experiences!