“Great find in a small town - What you expect from a Hilton brand” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great find in a small town - What you expect from a Hilton brand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn during my stay in Las Cruces, was not sure what I was going to find. What I found was a very friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms and a full service restaurant with room service. Had breakfast daily and dinner once in the restaurant, the service staff was great and the food was pretty good. The WiFi in the room as well as the lobby was fast and easy to access, anyone thinking of staying here I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Check the bed, I did not notice that it has the comfort dial on the side. When I first sat on the be...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your recent stay in Las Cruces. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

We look forward on serving you in the future.

Happy New Years!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

It is on top of the quality of the Garden inn by hilton. Staff very friendly and helpful. Quite, clean, not expensive for this kind of hotel, with bar and restaurant that serve quality food. Breackfast very. Only good things to say about this hotel .... if you are in the area a must to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your recent stay in Las Cruces. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Is was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

LIsa, the GM at HGI has created a wonderful venue in Las Cruces. The staff are an incredible set of folks...from Trey, Cameron, and Josh at the front desk to Eddie and his room cleaning crew to David in the kitchen, Isaac as a food server and Nick at the bar, all of the HGI staff go way out of their way to ensure my stay is perfect. I have been staying at the HGI in Las Cruces for about 3 years now and it is like staying with your favorite friend or family member.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, December 3, 2012

It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces.

Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We arrived at 3 pm and were assured by Josh our name was on the fourth floor room on the quiet side that we requested on our reservation. He said it would be ready in about half an hour when housekeeping was finished.
When we came back Cameron was at the desk and wanted to put us on the third floor overlooking the second floor roof of air conditioners. We had to decline two of these before he gave us one on the freeway side of the fourth floor which was fine as the windows are sealed to keep the noise out.
Cameron was good and did the best he could under the circumstances.
The Great American Grill is separated from the lobby by the low wall that can be seen in the picture on their website. Also in the same picture far right is the window where one orders breakfast. My dinner order was a Taco Salad with ground beef according to the menu. What it had on it was strips of shredded mystery meat that was soaked in salt to the point of being inedible. Complaining at the kitchen window I was told the chef had gone home and the meat came in packets.
Breakfast was disorganized and cost ten dollars. Dinner menu was over priced.
On the bright side, Cameron gave us a free breakfast and there was no charge for the Taco Salad.

Room Tip: Don't believe a promise by the desk clerk and insist on checking in immediately.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are sorry to hear about your inconvenience, and appreciate your comments here. We are happy that you have spoken up so that we may better our property. The satisfaction of our guests is our # 1 priority. We would greatly appreciate your comments. We have failed to reach your expectation and would love the opportunity to show you the dedication that our team has for our guests. Please feel free to give me a call to assist you with any future reservations to our area. Here is my contact telephone number (575) 522-0900 ext 514.

Lisa Ripley-Prescott
Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 day visit to this property. I was here to attend meetings at NMSU which was just on the other side of the interstate from the hotel. I also found it convenient to have a 24 hour gas station/convenience with a Subway restaurant just across the parking lot. There weren't other restaurants within walking distance, but lots of options with just a short drive.

In many ways this is a typical top-notch Hilton Garden Inn, with one exceptional exception:
the outdoor pool area was stunningly beautiful, and I insist that if you stay here you must take a dip in the hot tub or at LEAST go down and sit by the gorgeous and gigantic fire place. It really was inspired and made me feel like I was at a resort.

I am very sound sensitive, and I was able to hear people in rooms on either side of me; in once case there was a door connecting the adjoining rooms and that allowed the sound of the television next door to easily permeate the living area of my room. I received a kind apology from the front desk manager, and I will definitely stay at this property again and request a room without a connecting door to see if my sound issues were just a one-time problem.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms on the east side have an excellent view of the Organ Mountains which are stunning...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Have a wonderful Thankgiving! We look forward on seeing you in the future.

Beckley, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel room was clean. Quiet at night. (I was on the 2nd floor). The staff were friendly, helpful. Breakfast should be set up a little differently. It was good but you had no way of knowing the price. It was different each morning which was a little frustrating. You have to have your room key to get outside to the pool area also. I understand why but as a guest, it was quite frustrating. I can see using your key to get inside the property but not to get outside. Other than these small items, the stay was pleasant.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Las cruces and for your feedback.

The team is our strenght. Your feedback encourages us to strive harder to achieve newer hieghts of excellence.

We hope you will return soon and give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Lisa Ripley-Prescott
kerrville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We asked for a quiet room on the top floor. When we arrived, they tried to put us on the 3rd floor; we insisted upon the 4th. Also, the room they put us in was adjoining another one and the door in between did not keep out our next door neighbor's noises at all. It was not a very restful night and we would never choose this place again. We had stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn in Meridian Mississippi last year which was EXCELLENT in every way; this was not the same quality as that place at all. Even breakfast the next morning was not as good. Won't return because we did not like this part of New Mexico anyway.

Room Tip: INSIST on a room that has no adjoining door to another room, IF they even have those at this place.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces? Share your experiences!