“Nice setting - good service - nice food” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Winery
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: St Clair Winery & Bistro brings French country cuisine and award winning New Mexico wines to a comfortable bistro setting. Outdoor patios are also available, making your dining experience one-of-a-kind. Enjoy a glass of refreshing wine while you listen to live jazz music Wednesday through Sunday nights.
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Nice setting - good service - nice food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

St Claire has built a beautiful new location in Mesilla. It is very busy for lunch and dinner. The food is good, the service is good. There is nothing bad you can say about it but for some reason it just lacks something to make me want to say it is very good.

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
“ALWAYS CAN COUNT ON IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Whenever I need a "good restaurant" fix I make sure to hit St. Claire. Aside from excellent wine the food is quite good, too. Good to Tomas back as manager.

Boston
“Good food, Wines ok.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I had a late lunch on Sunday. We both had salads; she had the chicken salad on greens and I had the Cobb salad. Both were very good. The chicken salad was made with small sweet grapes and tarragon and was a hit with my wife, she would order it again. My Cobb was also good, very fresh crisp greens with perfectly ripe avocado, blue cheese, egg, bacon, and diced grilled chicken. We were very pleased with the food. The wines from St. Clair were fine to drink with the meal, but not special. We sat in the portico which offered a great view of the mountains and was quite comfortable. Service was fine. The tab for the two salads and three glasses of wine was $54.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good food, not as exceptional as I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The atmosphere is upscale-winery good, the service was fine, and all in all I enjoyed the experience with my business group. However, as the title of this review says, the food (though good) was not as exceptional as I expected from reviews and recommendations of others. The broccoli cheese soup was a warm welcome on a cold day, but lacked any zing that distinguished it from broccoli in a cheese sauce, and the pasta dish I ordered, which was advertised as having a spicy alfredo-type sauce, was indeed spicy but short enough on sauce that it struck me as being on the dry side. I'd go back, as with any four-circle rating, but to me it really didn't merit that fifth circle that I see many diners at the restaurant have given it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jonesport, Maine
“Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stopped for lunch and found a nice surprise on our arrival to the area. Featured wine was excellent. Service was friendly and efficient. Food was fresh and well presented.