“My new "happy place."” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jemez Springs
Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa
You added Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa to your Saves list
16445 Highway 4, Jemez Springs, NM 87025 (Formerly Canon del Rio Riverside Inn)   |
new jersey
“My new "happy place."”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Came here for a couple of days before a conference in Santa Fe. I was very stressed and needed to decompress. This was the perfect place for it. Very relaxing and very beautiful. My room was lovely. It opened onto a beautiful courtyard and was right next to the hot tub. The views of the Mesa were breathtaking. Dagna was a wonderful host and cook. I was also very struck by her eye for design. The rooms and the lobby were just beautiful! Filled with local crafts and what appeared to be her own collection of Native American art. I found myself looking at the art on the walls of my room and in the hallways as if I was in a museum. But it wasn't a museum. It was a very homey, comfortable place. No cell service. No tv. Limited wifi. Just what I needed! Great hiking and hot springs nearby. Great massage in the spa. I will definitely be visiting again when I need an escape from my stressful life to a happy place.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Espanola, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our anniversary and were so relaxed and comfortable. Dagna is a fabulous cook and accommodated our vegetarian diet superbly! Looked forward every morning to join other guests to sit in the main room and enjoy a wonderful breakfast. Beautifully designed resort with all the rooms opening onto a beautiful courtyard with a goldfish pond and easy access to the hot tub and pool. Just a short jaunt to the river where one can sit or wade into the water. Enjoyed a great massage by one their masseurs, Megan, in their beautiful spa area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great location, just outside of town. Easy to find from the highway. Great facility, very small operation. They were making multiple improvements for the up and coming summer season and you can tell they put a lot of love and thought into the hotel. The rooms were wonderful. Very peaceful, with quick access to the hot tub or nice walking trails that went to the river. Very nice people, both the guests and the proprietors. Delicious breakfast, good coffee, comfortable beds, nice shower. Couldn't have asked for a better stay in Jemez. So close to Albuquerque, but with incredible hiking trails and beautiful views, not to mention the hot springs! Like being in Yosemite or Zion, but without the hefty price tag!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We love Dagna. She is an amazing host, and has created a relaxing, beautiful, and creative space to unwind. We're so happy that we found Canon Del Rio and went to Jemez Springs on our New Mexico road trip. Add this to your itinerary!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
North East, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I were an outdoor vacation looking for beautiful, peaceful locations in New Mexico and we found paradise in the most unexpected place at Canon del Rio! The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated in Native American baskets, bowls, textiles and paintings. The community living room is inviting and welcoming for all. Breakfasts were delicious and personalized to meet our individual dietary needs. And our hosts, Dagna, John and Danielle were warm, welcoming and wonderful guides to the area. We picked a wonderful place for the beginning of our vacation and we wish we could have stayed much longer. We will be returning!

Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I rarely get massages because I tend to tense up when a stranger touches me. Daniel was understanding about this and helped me relax. You can choose your level of pressure and comfort in this establishment as you fill out a short questionnaire. He worked out the long-suffering pain in my shoulders and eased the pain of a pinched sciatic nerve. Daniel also rubbed out the pain I've been experiencing in my feet (taken up a new exercise lately) and helped my sinuses open up by pinpointing an area on my forehead.

This place is tranquil and inviting. Located in the gorgeous town of Jemez, you have a spectacular view of what once was a monster volcano. I already want to go back.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell the massage therapist what level of pressure you can handle.
Dallas, Texas

-Welcoming and Knowledgeable Hosts
-Serene Atmosphere
-Professional Spa Services
-Babbling Fish Pond right outside your door
-A comfortable blend between community and privacy

Canon Del Rio is the place for you!

My wife and I spent our honeymoon (3 years ago) at a wonderful 5-star resort in the heart of Mexico’s destination beaches. While that was a great vacation, after coming to Canon Del Rio, we realize how cookie-cutter our experiences were at that resort. There was something we took away from our time in Jemez (hay-mez) Springs which could not have been provided by a large resort. Large Resorts need processes and guidelines to provide predictable results no matter the person carrying them out because you can’t always fill your staff with super amazing people.

Dagna (former New York Fashion Designer) and John (former Race Car Driver) are welcoming, energetic, helpful and thoughtful; and ensure you are enjoying your time in Jemez Springs however you choose to spend it.

If you require constant electronic stimulation, hate being outdoors, or crave a cookie-cutter experience this may not be the place for you.

Our experiences in this small New Mexico town were greatly enhanced because of our interaction with Dagna and John and we feel lucky to have stumbled on this gem, Canon Del Rio.

Room Tip: Navajo Room is Great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!