“We keep coming back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jemez Mountain Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jemez Springs
Jemez Mountain Inn
You added Jemez Mountain Inn to your Saves list
P.O. Box 28, Jemez Springs, NM 87025   |
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“We keep coming back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Great, cozy inn. This has been a special place for me and my wife to get away and unwind. Paul and Luanna make each trip special with their open door and concern for our comfort. We make it a point to go back each season and enjoy the slow pace of Jemez Springs and the coziness of the Jemez Mountain Inn.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My fiance and I spent one night at the Jemez Mountain Inn in August 2011 with another couple for my birthday weekend. I love Jemez. It's so beautiful and not very far away. It's like being transported to an entire new world in an hour and a half. The Inn is very conveniently located right in the heart of Jemez and directly on the side of Giggling Springs. The courtyard is very pleasant, and you will be greeted by the adorable kitty cat that resides there. There is a sweet "river" flowing through the courtyard which is almost fairytale-like. We stayed in the Baca room (my last name is Baca, it just didn't feel right to choose something else) and were very pleased. We had a late arrival, so the key was left for us on the front porch. Our room was large with a small dining table, two single beds and a queen/king bed in the bedroom. The room was very clean and had amenities (coffee, tea, sugar) located above the fridge. The decor was charming, very southwestern-cowboy style. We had dinner across the street at Los Ojos, which I'd highly recommend. When we came back, there were raccoons running through the courtyard. I'm sure locals think they're annoying, but we just raved about how adorable they were. There were no other guests staying on property that night, so the owners let us utilize the hot tub later than usual. We slept great that night, the beds were perfect. We woke up fairly early in the morning to take a morning hike. The abundance of hummingbirds drawn in by the many bird feeders is awe-inspiring on a fresh morning. Upon our return, the boys went to the front desk to ask for a WiFi password. Yippee! Free WiFi was much appreciated as our phones were getting absolutely zero signal. If you'd like to make a call, you have to stand near the street. That's where we got the best signal. Check out was easy and friendly; I was wished a Happy Birthday. If I had to say there was a downside, it would be that it is a little pricey. I've stayed in ritzier places for the same amount of money. We were the only guests, so it did feel as if we had the whole place to ourselves. Other than the price, it is a very kitschy and quaint Inn. We were sad to leave and can't wait to retreat back to Jemez soon!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed 1 night w/my 7 yr old & hubbie. They both raved about it -my little one even made the bed in the morning bc she liked it so much!! Owners were great!! We're locals, wanted to splurge on a nice place for a night before Run the Caldera Marathon-worked like a charm & slept like a baby.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
santa fe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Went to the Inn Sat, 5/20 and took the Santa Fe room because of it's kitchen facilities. Cute place, visible cats, very friendly and helpful owner. Some might say it's pricey, but hey, come on, it's Jemez Springs, and the folks who live there need to make the best of the season. I couldn't figure out how I screwed up the dish TV, and so the owner's husband came right over. Remember, this is a place to relax. The Giggling Springs next door was a great place to soak. This is a very small mountain community with a naturally healthy commodity. That being said, bring up some food and use one of the two gas grills. Then sit outside on one of the 2 patios. The acequia runs right through the patio, which I think is really cool. Parking is very tight. But after some spot switching, everything was fine.....Another thing.....I wish that our particular room had a reading lamp next to the couch. The overhead light was too diffuse. The stove area should have a hood and vent.....No problem, and well stocked with kitchen ware. The ride from Los ALamos is stunning.............75 miles from Santa Fe, NM

Room Tip: Take a room with a kitchen...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night recently and found it clean and comfortable with extremely helpful owners who even told us of other places to stay in and around town if we thought they were too expensive(!) or if the rooms weren't to our liking once we had had a look.
The Inn is right next to Giggling Springs and again the owners were very helpful and lent us towels to use in the springs so that we didn't have to hire them there. My one small niggle would be that the double beds are probably intended for single occupancy as they are on the small side. We had a double room - very nice - with two double beds and found sharing one of them a bit of a squash. However, I would reccomend this as a place to stay and Jemez Springs itself is very pretty.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Had a last minute trip to Jemez Springs and wanted to spend the night after being all limp noodled from the soak, wrap, and massage package at the Jemez Bath House. Very relaxing, and a lovely room. The only thing keeping me from rating it as excellent is that the wall heater in the room took quite some time before it heated up the room sufficiently.

Room Tip: The Secret Garden is a very roomy suite. Beautifully decorated and comfortable.
Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed here to be close to Giggling Springs. It is close and that really is all Inn has going for it. If you want to sleep, the oh so soft mattress will not allow that. Heat is just not there, and there was a little girl at check out that knew nothing; told us owner was away. We were looking for a nice little Inn for a romantic get-a-way, but got this instead.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is one
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Jemez Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!