“A lovely oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Hot Springs/ Geysers, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: The Giggling Springs Hot Springs is located at the site of the earliest Bath House in the Jemez Springs area, and before that, the mineral water was used by the Native Americans of the area. Our water comes from deep beneath the Valles Caldera (ancient volcano) up the mountain. It is ancient sea water abundant with a relaxing and therapeutic blend of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, silica, sodium and more. The source is 139 degrees F, but the pool is kept at a comfortable 102-104 degrees. The water is natural, and no chlorine or chemicals are added. We use ultraviolet light, ionizers and an oxygen inversions system to disinfect the water, and it is a flow-through pool, so the water changes out regularly. Swim suits are required, children 14 and over are welcome, and, for the comfort of our guests, the number of people allowed in at one time is limited--so reservations are recommended.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“A lovely oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

A great way to introduce yet another special aspect of NM to a non-native. The hot springs in this area are very special and the owners have created a welcoming destination that has its comforts yet is not overdone. This is a very nice option for people who would not be able to hike or snowshoe to a springs, but can walk short distances. Parking is close to the springs and there are bannisters almost everywhere for short steps up and down. Drinks are sold and can be brought to bathers. Towels are rented for a very reasonable $2. The owner, Trish, was solicitous and helpful. Seating in shady spots is plentiful for after the dip. In the water, there is a shade over part of the pool. Use this area on a sunny day to avoid sunburn since you cannot use sunscreen.

Visited July 2013
NewMexicoTandT, Owner at Giggling Springs Hot Springs, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! And for pointing out that the hot springs here are very special! We think so too! Not everyone knows this, but the water here is actually ancient sea water from beneath the Valles Caldera (inverted volcano up the mountain). That's why it's so rich in minerals and incredibly therapeutic! We hope you can make it back here again soon!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Loved it - great place for a day trip from Albuquerque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Wonderful place! It's the perfect place for a relaxing afternoon- so glad I made the drive up from Albuquerque. We had the luck of being the only two people there that afternoon so it was as though we had a private pool. The price is right, the temp of the water is (somewhat) adjustable, and the ambiance is soothing.

Visited February 2013
It is a great place for a day trip from Albuquerque, and we're glad you came and hope to see you again soon! Thank you for writing the review, too! We appreciate you!
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“The Most Amazing and Spiritual Place on Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon turning off of HWY 4 into this incredible oasis, one just knows something spectacular awaits. A journey of unparalleled healing water and positive energy cannot help but to be absorbed in abundance…in abundance beyond anything you could ever imagine, but somehow knew would exist the moment you drive onto the property. You can feel four true and loving hands envelop you as you park your vehicle. You realize instantly that the world just opened up with great love and healing. The excitement of your feet planted firmly on the ground in anticipation of what awaits you is both compelling and exciting and draws you in immediately changing your life. If you have been there before, then you know. I am capable of just relaxing completely at last knowing that keen eye’s are considering my welfare and experience there. The Springs temperature is constantly monitored and all guests are carefully and lovingly monitored concerning their health and well being while there. There are no stones unturned here for each and every guest. They are all cared for like family on this precious land and this is immediately known.

The distinct advantage of this Springs for therapeutic (muscles and joints) and skin healing properties is that after soaking in this Springs and showering several hours later, your skin will be as soft and silky as you remember it was as a 5 year old, and your muscles and joints will be relieved of tension and beautifully relaxed. I look forward to my experience there each and every time and the gift just keeps on giving because I sleep like I did in my youth after a wonderful soak there. Many who are past middle age like I am knows that sleep like this does not come often. I was a professional dancer in NY in the early 80’s and my joints and muscles endured considerable use and damage in my youth. The first time I had the privilege of being at the Springs, I actually danced in my back yard the next day my old parts of Balanchine ballets that I performed so many decades ago. My back, knees, hips, ankles, shoulders and arms were suddenly mobile and so fluid that I could move with such ease and without discomfort. It has been a glorious feeling to be able to move like that again. I never thought it would be possible again. The effect lasted for many weeks and my old body is grateful! It has become important that I find myself at the Springs with regular timing.

The therapeutic and physically healing properties of the water at Giggling Springs is only one part of the incredible experience there for everyone. The amazing positive spiritual energy that welcomes you upon arrival is even more important. This is completely due to the owners Tanya and Therese and their amazing gifts to have created what I consider to be the most amazing and spiritual place on earth. There is an amazing “Art of Love” in all of it and in their unmatched gifts that they were born to share with everyone to experience. The gift shop is full of incredible discoveries such as tinctures and tonics made on the property with great love and care. Beautiful handcrafted jewelry created by Therese and other artists are on display for everyone to see, appreciate and enjoy. Fortunately, all of these items are available for purchase. I have never left Giggling Springs without having to purchase something from their gift shop.

Amazing gifts await everyone to behold and embrace at Giggling Springs!

Visited June 2013
Wow! Well that is just about the nicest review we could ever get! Thank you so much for taking so much time and thought to write this. It's so wonderful when someone feels the spiritual energy of the place the way that we do. We are forever grateful to the guests we get to meet here--especially ones like you who connect to the place so amazingly, beautifully, and completely! Visit OFTEN!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A lovely day trip experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I drove up from Albuquerque with a friend to show him the Jemez Springs area and ended our visit with a soak in the Giggling Springs' outdoor pool. It is in the heart of Jemez Springs and yet feels like a remote, natural location. The office and changing room are old cabins nestled among trees that lend a rustic camp feeling. There is a lovely seating area beside the pool with chairs and a shade structure which made for a comfortable and relaxing visit of about two hours. Perrier and bottled water were available for purchase to sip while enjoying the hot-spring-fed pool. The pool provided us each a perfect relaxing temperature by simply changing our proximity to the hot spring source. We shared the pool with three other folks, two of whom are locals and regular soakers. The surroundings, the proximity to the village and it's amenities and the gracious attention paid us combined to make this a magical end to a lovely day trip.

Visited June 2013
Thank you! Thank you! We love seeing you here, and very much appreciate the nice review you took time to write!
Sandy, Utah
“Very relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A very relaxing and beautiful hot spring. The drinks were delicious. The staff was very accommodating.