“good Palce!” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wichita, Kansas
“good Palce!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ben here befor many times, friendly front desk staff. Close to pretty much everything within walking distance, i usually stay here for business and my comapny pays for it. everytime i check in i get an upgrade, great big rooms too and very clean!
recoment this hotel to any one visiting this area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Management_NM150, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Anthony J,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to let our Guest Service agents know of the kind words you had for them. I know you have a choice when you are in Hobbs, NM and appreciate you making the choice to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs NM Hotel. Hope to see you back at our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Midland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I used to always stay here on my monthly business trips to Hobbs.

While trying to book a room (22 days in advance), I was turned away for a one night stay (Oct 2012) because they HAD ROOMS BUT were only reserving rooms for entire week stays (for oil and gas companies in the area). I understand hotel business needs, but if they cannot service an individual for a night without reserving a room months in advance, I will not be bothering with them for reservations anymore. What a shame. My past experiences were nice. I can't believe they would tell me they have rooms, but would only let me have it if I stayed a week. I reserved a nice room at the very next hotel I called.

Room Tip: Get the upper floor if possible, if you can get a room... it's a bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Management_NM150, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as it helps us in correcting any issues so we are able to ensure that every guest will experience the utmost customer service and a pleasant stay at our hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you endured while trying to make a reservation at our hotel leading you to finding other accommodations in Hobbs, NM . I reviewed your history with our hotel and want to thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel for the past year and a half. I commend you on being pro active and booking your reservations well in advance. On all past reservations, your arrival date fell outside of our restrictions and we were able to accommodate you. For this stay that you had an issue, there is a special event during the week of Oct 15th that led our hotel to change restrictions from the usual Mon/Tues to include Wed. Either way, we have no restrictions that requires a week long stay and apologize you were misinformed. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future to earn your business back. I have spoke with our GM Laurie Ward and she has requested that should you have any difficulty in reserving a room in the near future due to this sort of event, be sure to call the hotel direct and ask for her. I have personally sent you an email that we have on file and hope we have resolved any misunderstanding. Hope to see you back at our hotel next month when you visit Hobbs again for your monthly business trip and as always we will try our best to reserve a room for you on the upper floor.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Seriously, people need to start developing more hotels and apartments in this town. It's hard to get one, but it's very pricey. I'd do it if I have money because I know I have a captured market. Okay, onto the review....

Lea County Inn, where my boyfriend stayed at and liked, is fully booked. We need a place to stay at when we're arranging everything for our new job in town. Because we saw the horrible reviews in America's Best Value Inn, the cheapest in town besides Lea, we decided to spend a little bit more than usual, and we went for Sleep Inn. Besides the ouch in the pouch, it was a very good stay.

The front desk person was nice. There's plenty of parking in the front. There is only one elevator though. It is centrally located, which is in N Lovington Highway, the nice and safe part of town. It is also near restaurants, the hospital, and the casino. Besides that, there's nothing to see in this town.

The room is nice. It's clean and comfortable, comparable to a stay in a hotel like Crowne Plaza. There is no view though, of course; don't expect that in this town. You will only have local channels on your TV. There's microwave and fridge inside your room. There's also a big desk in your room, which is good if you bring your laptop. The A/C is able to cool down the room; some motels have crappy A/Cs.

The gym only has 3 cardio equipments---bike, treadmill and elliptical. The elliptical is crappy so I went for the treadmill. There's TV in the gym. I saw the pool next to the pool. It look shallow and small, but I think it's okay if I ever swim there.

The breakfast is good though. I got my freshly boiled hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, and fried eggs. There's also biscuits and sausage so you can make a breakfast sandwich. My boyfriend had the biscuit with gravy, which he liked. They also have a waffle maker, pastries, and fruits.

Overall, it was good, but expensive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Management_NM150, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Diane D
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. As you are aware, our hotel offers exceptional ammenities along with newly renovated modern rooms. Im glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed our complimentry full hot breakfast during your stay. In the past few months we have further expanded our full hot breakfast to also offer yogurt. Come back and see us soon. P.S. Give our Indoor Heated Pool and Spa a try the next time you are here, I am sure you will truly enjoy it!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband has had to spend 3 to 4 days a week for the last month in Hobbs. After researching hotels, we settled on the Sleep Inn and Suites for his accomodations. He stays there whenever they have rooms available (this place is POPULAR and I can see why!). Lori and her staff are accomodating, nice, efficient and helpful. Their business center is up to date and if extra help is needed, they were right there to do it. The rooms are clean, large, well kept & quiet. The breakfast is very good and diverse, and their pool and work out room are great (this is coming from my two teen-age boys). I am a VERY picky hotel person and I have to travel over once a week to process paperwork and write proposals - therefore, this is a first hand review of a great facility. I have to warn you though - call well in advance as because of it's great reputation - it is booked well in advance. Thank you to the entire staff for a great home away from home!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our fine hotel. We are excited to be your home away from home. It is always great to hear about a past guests experience as it helps us to be able to offer the same experience to our future guests. Im glad your whole family was able to enjoy all of our ammenities we offer at the Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico hotel. I want to also thank you for recognizing our wonderful General Manager Laurie and her exceptional team on their hard work. Come back and see us soon, your home is waiting for you!
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I booked three nights at Sleep Inn and Suites Hobbs, the booking was made through the online Pr------n. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our reservation, and being seniors on fixed income we wanted our refund, however, when we talked to the fellow at Pr-------n, (sounded like he was in another part of the world, with hard English), but the cancellation was made, and cost us one night on our refund. Later we called the hotel to verify the cancellation, my wife talked with Laurie, told her all about our dealing with Pr----n, Laurie told my wife to call back later to check on things, when she did, Laurie had called the representative at Pr-----n, and now had our full refund coming within the week. According to my wife, Laurie was really sweet and went far beyond any expectations in providing excellent service to us. Several weeks later my wife called to say Thanks, Laurie remembered her, and that really pleased us. She made an unpleasant situation pleasing! That’s hard to find in today’s world.

Room Tip: The non smoking rooms are vary crisp and fresh
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Management_NM150, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Revbh,
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to see that our wonderful General Manager Laurie was able to assist your wife in taking care of cancellations on a reservation that was made via a third party booking site. I hope this gesture shows that we at the Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel strive to offer service of excellence and will try to go above and beyond to assist all of our guests whether they are past, present or future. I hope things worked out for you as you had to cancel you reservation. When you do decide to visit Hobbs, NM besure to think of us and give us a call.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel has been put on our band listing for our company. As a support company for the oil industry, we have to respond to immediate crises. The hotel charged a "fee" for leaving early from my employees reservation in order to responde to an oil well crises. The "fee" was the room rate charge. My employees are band from ever staying at this hotel again. No other hotel in Hobbs charges for leaving early from your room.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
I appologize that i have not responded to your review promptly and further appologize that you were not happy with some of our policies during your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico which lead you to banning our hotel for your employees future stays. Our policy for early check out on a gauranteed reservation for an extended stay is an industry standard. These charges that would be incurred are not hidden charges as we clearly express them on multiple channels from a disclaimer posted on our website for guests to read when making online reservation, on our confirmation letter if you had requested the confirmation letter be emailed to you, guests making reservations over the phone are made aware of the policy prior to finalizing the reservation and finally at check in it is stated on the registration card for you to initial that you have read & understand the policy. Though our businesses in nature maybe different, I believe we are both in the Service industry. We specialize in accomodation needs and you specialize in assisting as a support company for the oil industry. Thou I am not aware of your policies, is it fair to assume that an emergency crisis situation is billed at a different rate than a standard support? I would like to remedy this situation, please email me at hotelgm.nm@gmail.com with further information so we can discuss your past stay. We are eager to earn your business again and be taken off of your banned list. Once again thank you and I will be looking forward to working with you and your company in the near future.
Harrison Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My son was on a month long business trip and staying at Sleep Inn,Hobbs , New Mexico durning his birthday. Laurie went out on her own time and bought Kevin a birthday cake and made up a big Birthday Basket. Her and the staff give Kevin a great birthday ceberation , He called us up that night and told us how supprised and gratefully he was for his "Supprise Birthday Party" It made his trip a little easier. Thanks to all the hard working staff at Sleep Inn & Suites, Hobbs, New Mexico . Mike Wegrzynowicz

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel? Share your experiences!