“Best Hotel Ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Hobbs
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best Hotel Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in! Rooms were large and clean and the breakfast was yummmmyyy! Absolutely no complaints about this hotel! If anyone complains, then they're just upset they had to pay so much for a room. But a night at this hotel is worth every penny! Very highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Stay was great overall. Check in was a little hassle as we had reserved online and for some reason their booking system only picked up one room and not 2 like we had on our confirmation however upon check out room rates were taken care of for the lower price. The carpet in the room was stained however great beds, pillows were ok. Breakfast was great and the location was perfect.Thanks again Country Inn I will be returning in Jan for more business and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
College Station, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I don't think the hotel was very busy, so the stay was quiet. Except for a couple stains on the carpet in the room, it was clean. Check in was smooth and the staff was helpful. Did not use the exercise room or pool. The breakfast offerings were adequate also. Bit pricy, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brecksville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stay in hundreds of hotels a year and by far the stay I had here was the best , From the clean rooms to the breakfast to the wonderful service I was given from the staff . You have earned a customer for life. Thanks, Gary

Room Tip: Look no further, Stay was the BEST !!!!!.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

There is not much to pick from in Hobbs, but this hotel was new and very comfy. The breakfast was convenient. The pool was small and crowded. This place is new construction and close to most things. We stayed in a suite and it was nice to have the bedroom seperate from the living area. It was very clean and very quiet. The beds seemed firm at first but offered a good nights rest.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Lately the hotels in Hobbs are frequently filled so this hotel was not selected because of its high rating but because it was the only one that a coworker and I could find with two rooms available. Looking at the ratings I thought it would be a great place to stay. When we checked in we were told that one room was a king suite and one was a king. Not what they told us on the phone (two king suites were promised) but not a big deal. They charged us the appropriate rate for each so it really did not make much difference. My room was the king suite and I had to wait because the computer showed it had not been cleaned. After the manager inspected it, it turned out that it was cleaned so I went upstairs and dropped off the luggage. the room was clean as far as I could tell, no obvious stains or linen out of place but it did smell like it had just been dosed wtih Febreeze. The room was hot too but the A/C was on - I think the mgr. turned it on when he inspected it since it cooled down later that evening to a comfortable temperature. It was set to 67 degrees but the room temp was 87. Daytime temp was 108 so I wasn't surprised. After a quick look around I went to dinner.

After returning from dinner I went to bed and noticed a few things. First the A/C was pretty loud. I had been gone about an hour and a half and the temp was still warm but heading down. It was 77 when I first got back in the room. But back to the loud A/C. Actually, the noisy A/C turned out to be a bit of a blessing because the people next door could be heard so clearly that it sounded like they were in the room with me. Every word, every noise, every sound was clear as a bell. Plus these people did not appear to be too sleepy even by 12:30 am. I tried watching TV (a surprisingly large number of channels) but I had to turn the TV up to cover the A/C noise and even then I could hear the people next door complaining about how loud the TV was.

I finally fell asleep and slept through the night. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were nice (feather as some have also mentioned). When I woke up and got in the shower, I noticed I had a sore itchy bite on my calf. This was a small red weeping wound with a hard red area around it. NOT A BEDBUG. I later learned that it was almost certainly a spider bite and the Dr. said it was likely a hobo or brown recluse bite. Luckily I was not reacting poorly to it like some people do. When I went down to breakfast, I mentioned it to my coworker and he seemed surprised and then showed me a scar on his leg and told me that when he stayed in this same hotel in November of last year the same exact thing happened to him! He said that he had nearly the same experience and had only noticed the bite in the shower also when he got up and that it started as a little red hard swollen weeping hole but turned into a larger wound and it took over a month to heal.

Anyway, moving on... the breakfast was not bad, just eggs, potatoes, and waffles and yogurt and some fruit and the usual juice mixer machine and milk. About what you would expect at a Hotel such as this one.

Checkout was easy and the bill was accurate. Overall it is not a bad place to stay but if you are a light sleeper, the walls seem to be so thin and the A/C so loud that you may have trouble sleeping. also it gets hot here so if you get into the room early, turn on the A/C and give it time to cool the room. And Although I am about 95% convinced that the spider that bit me was in the bedding at this hotel, I obvioulsly can not say that it was with complete certainty. My coworker was also convinced that his bite was from a spider in his bed but neither of us ever looked for or saw a spider.

My lower rating is for the fact that sound travels so easily between the walls and the fact that the breakfast was about average, the rooms were not exactly as promised, and nothing really made this stay other than typical of a hotel like this one. If I factor getting bit by a spider into my rating, I would rate it a two instead of a three. But since I can't say with absolute certainty that the spider was in my room, I will leave it at a three.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Hobbs, NM? Share your experiences!