“HORRIBLE! Filthy & Not as described!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Los Olmos Guest Ranch

Los Olmos Guest Ranch
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Los Olmos Guest Ranch
You added Los Olmos Guest Ranch to your Saves list
corner of Hwy 180 and Catwalk Road, Glenwood, NM 88039   |
el paso
“HORRIBLE! Filthy & Not as described!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked the "Grandma" and was told it had a mini fridge and a queen sized bed. We drove from El Paso, Texas and got in about 9:00 P.M and had to wait outside for about 45 minutes for the inn keeper while getting eaten by mosquitoes. He finally shows up and takes us to our room and when I open the door, there were 3 spiders on the wall and an entire nest of them in the doorway. The bathroom still had poop in the toilet and the trash was still full!! If the toilet hadn't been flushed and the trashes hadn't been taken out, I'm guessing the bedding hadn't been washed either! The bed was a full and there was no mini fridge either, so he had flat out lied to us. We demanded a refund which he gave us and drove to Silver City to stay at a Motel 6. I would NEVER recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Placitas, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband & I had reserved a night at this place in the "Tombstone" (should've been a warning!) which was a room about 6' X 14' with 2 twin beds running along the wall, and a bathroom. When we arrived we drove around looking for an attendant (the office closed with a note saying to come look for her?!) The place had people everywhere so how would we find her? A friendly guest asked where we were staying & then said "Oh yeah, the only cabin we're not renting!" They were having a family reunion with 84 people. There are 14 cabins &, by their description, hold 41 people, so these folks had tents set up all over (for the kids) and one was right outside our window! The guest said "I hope you don't mind all our noise!" So we went looking to find other accommodations & then called and told the woman we wouldn't be staying there. She said "Well, I'll have to charge you anyways. I told her about our experience when we went there and that we weren't told that kids would be camped outside our window. She said we have people camping there all the time. There is no mention of this on their website. I told her we've never experienced paying for a room with campers squatting outside, and she said "Well maybe you should get out more often!" She continued saying more rude and offensive things and I just said "Thank you" and hung up. The charge showed up & then disappeared so I was going to drop it but then it went through 2 weeks later! We've been trying to get in contact with the owner, Jeff, to let him know but he hasn't responded.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if there will be people camping out right next to your room! There is no air conditio...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Los Olmos Guest Ranch for a week. As a busy CFO for a major Fortune 500 company I was specifically looking for an "out of the way" destination where I could take my 3 children and wife. My kids are 8, 12 and 13. They typically have their noses buried in their smart phones back home (the 8 year old doesn't have one - YET) I decided it was time for them to actually communicate with their Mom and Dad on a daily basis and discover the joys of being in the West. I could have chosen 5 star "resort" dude ranches and can easily afford them, but the atmosphere at these ranches is somewhat contrived with their day spas, glitzy restaurants and down mattresses. When I found out there was NO cell phone service in the area at Los Olmos it was a done deal. My kids would actually be forced to talk to each other instead of their "friends" in cyber space. We enjoyed several interesting side trips at the urging of Deonn, the manager. She was incredibly helpful in providing us with maps and instructions how to get there, etc. Remember - no GPS here! YEAH! Instead of typical "concierge" service she was genuinely interested in the kids and asked them each day what they had planned. Initially the kids were in shock without their texting, but after visiting some interesting local attractions like the Cat walk and the National Radio Astronomy Observatory Array they became more involved every day. A trip to the old mining town of Mogollon was especially fun - it was like traveling back 100 years in time. You won't find gourmet restaurants in nearby Glenwood, but an hour drive to Silver City yielded some great cuisine and excellent art galleries for my wife to browse - once again suggested by Deonn. We also spent some lazy days just lounging by the pool, my kids playing Marco Polo all day long, me buried in a cheesy James Patterson novel. This will go down in my family history as one of the best vacations we've EVER had and I'll look forward to coming back some time in the future - possibly for a multi-day pack trip into the nearby mountains using Los Olmos as a base - when my kids are a bit older. This is a place where you can kick off your boots, sit back in your chair on your front porch and chew on a piece of grass. The friendly and attentive staff made us feel like we were family - not guests. PERFECT.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I reserved a cabin for 2 nights the renolyds for one night and the hill cabin for the second the first night the cabin floor was so dirty you had to keep socks on the king size bed was actually two twins pushed together which sucked cause my yougest daughter got scared she got in bed with me and my husband so I got to sleep in a crack all night. She also asked my husband to cone smoke piota with her which she must have smoked to much because she rented out the hill cabin I booked for the second night. The pool was full of moss and the whirlpool was gone filled with concrete. The lodge was so unclean I could not go in. The community kithen was a sink that was extremely filthy no stove to cook on and to fridges that shoul be condimed. Had to drive to reserve nm to find a place to stay for secind night cause evrery thing was booked in glenwood. And she charged my credit card for both nights after she told me she gad nit charged it but for the one night. Total nightmare to say the least. Also the ground where dirty and the ponds for fishing are so over run with over growth you can mot walk around them. I was also bit by somthing in my room my whole hand swolle up

• Stayed July 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me and the wife had a great stay, we did not want to leave our dogs home and they said to bring them as long as they behaved. The 4 of us loved walking around the ponds and the 1st night they had karaoke at the lodge. The second night there was a big party at the park so our quiet getaway was a little louder than we expected but we had a great time. The catwalk was closed but the Mogollon ghost town was very neat, only opens on the weekends in the summer. The only negative was no air conditioning, there was a ceiling fan but would recommend a small fan by the window. The owner Jeff was very informative as was anyone that we talked too.

Room Tip: They were all booked so they gave us a handicap room and the bathroom was large.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hurley, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I booked a room for our motorcycle ride on the Coranado Highway. We new we'd arrive late, but new the local restraunt would be open till 8:00 PM. Yes, we got there at 7:30 PM..but forgot about the time change...everything was closed and we were hungry. After checking-in, the owners called a few places to see if we could get a Pizza or something...no luck.
So they had just finshed a Bar-B-Q and had a couple of Elk Burgers that they fixed up for us with a bag of Potato Chips. What great service..we had the wine. Wine and Elk Burgers in a great cabin in a great location..PERFECT!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
El Paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here with my family and had a great time. The rooms were great, we slept well and had plenty of room. The property is an excellent place to relax; it has direct access to Glenwood Ponds and at least 2 private ponds on the property. It's also right up the road from the Catwalk, but unfortunately it was closed when we visited. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 6 bed room and it was very comfortable with a mini fridge and shared bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Los Olmos Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!