“First/only stay at this hotel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup

You added Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3010 East Highway 66, Gallup, NM 87301 (Formerly Red Rock Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Gallup
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“First/only stay at this hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We visited Gallup for a family reunion in September/2012. First of all, internet gives 3pm check-in time, when my sister presented early they told her to come back at 4 or 5. When we did come back at 4 to check-in, I was rudely accused of under-booking. Mind you, my sister who I was with had booked her own room. Do you think Mrs. Days Inn bothered to ask, No, it's easier to assume and argue with the customer. This hef told me "not to mouth off to her." We rented a total of 5 rooms at this POS hotel, of course we made the best of it because we were with family, but we weren't impressed. The ventilation was poor and the rooms felt musty. My other sister asked for more towels and was denied. Spoke with one of the employees and was told, "we have to share on vacuum for clean-up." So it didn't surprise me that they do NOT provide towels at their pool. Definately do NOT judge this hotel by it's cover/pictures!! NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
First of all i would like to thank you for your review. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I will make sure to pass this on to my staff. I hope you will give us another try next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Nothing spectacular or terrible about this hotel. Not bad for a night's sleep. Very pet friendly which was great since I was traveling with my cat and 65lb dog. I would stay there again but not longer than a night or two.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad we could accommodate you and your pet! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Gallup area.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

A nice exterior and a beautiful huge sign can easily fool the weary traveler. It may not be horrible for one nite, but don't stay more than that! The big expensive sign boasts a large indoor pool and hot tub, yet the health department had closed them both 2 weeks ago another guest told us, and the hot tub is still out of order weeks later. The owner lady is very rude and snappy and you can hear her yelling at her housekeeping staff often. Her son is friendly though. The continental breakfast is very typical of cheap Rodeway Inn type breakfasts. It consists of hard boiled eggs, waffles, milk, juice, pastries, and two types of cereal. The older woman starts pulling it early and will snap "it's over!" at any guest who meanders down at 8:55 am. The rates are decent but the mattresses are old (though the bedding is nice), but we found DIRTY UNDERWEAR between the night stand and bed! ewwww!!! This place has potential, it just really is obvious this family doesn't care a whole lot about shelling out a little more for a few things that could make this a $90+/nt hotel. If you can get in for $60/nt then I suppose it's worth it. But you're probably better off at the Sleep Inn (about 80/nt), the Red Lion Hotel (69/nt and has hot breakfast) or the great (but steep) La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Falgoon P, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
First of all i would like to thank you for your review. I also want to apologize for the experience yo had here at our hotel. This is not the service that we want to provide for our guests. We did have an issue with our pool but it was fixed. Our jacuzzi is being resurfaced so that is why it is out of order it should be up and running within the next week. We are going through a renovation and hope to serve you in the future when you are in gallup new mexico.
Gallup
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

What a room... What a rate and the trains aren't hardly noticeable. The staff is superb and redefine what 'gracious' should mean (look for that Webster's).

My only honest 'critique' is the TV system. But even that's what Ive been used to until recently... I mean who travels to watch TV anyway... well those who travel for work may.. ??

The building is well kept - the doors are solid wood, there's plenty of parking the stairs seem convenient (tho I stayed on the 1 st floor (presidential suite woohoo!! - e'hem - oh yeah my point - so..I could be wrong on that - but, *it does* seem there is a stair-well at every corner of the complex throwing my internal navigation systems - tho I'll admit to my lack of trying on that anyway - the grounds and indoor pool are so nice.).

The wifi wprks with my cell phone and there were several access points to log into - and the icing on this cake was how well it worked - it was truely 'high-speed' unlike some other places I have stayed (else where - this is my first stay in Gallup).

All in - no doubt should be left in your mind by now - book this hotel when you're in Gallup.

-Sincerely
Mark M. - Mesa az

Room Tip: The Presidential suit was GREAT!! - theres a patio door you can park near for easy load and unload.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your review! I will most definately pass this on to our staff and let them know how we are doing!
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

During our family's relocation from the West Coast to the East Coast, we had to get our three dogs to our new home. I spent hours researching so-called "pet-friendly" hotels before we set off on our 5-day journey. I ran into the "pet-friendly" label many times, but the fine print said, "Max 2 pets" or "Max weight 20 pounds." Where can we stay with our three 35- to 70-pound four-footed family members? I called this place and was informed there was a fee per pet, but no limit to the number or size. Upon arrival, we were very pleasantly surprised. The lobby is clean, front-desk assistance was friendly and welcoming. There is an area to walk your pets, and I took each of ours for a run around the hotel a couple of times for exercise before bedtime. Beds were comfortable. My daughter and I were very happy with this stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, very near the front of the hotel. Very convenient to the dog-walking...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Falgoon P, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review! We strive to take care of each and every guest and we understand that pets are like family for most guests. I will make sure to pass on your comments to our staff.
Pismo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Worst night of 4 nights on road trip from NOLA to CALI.
Just give me a good bed and pillow and quiet!
Didn't get any of the above. Mattress was covered with plastic, thought I was in a nursing home.
It continued to crackle 10 seconds after I got up.
FOUR PILLOWS? Just give me ONE decent one!
Thought I was next to the Kennedy Space Center; BNSP goes by every few minutes, awesome!
Paid for 8 hours of sleep, might have gotten 1!

Room Tip: Get as far away from train as possible. Ask for bed without plastic cover and one good pillow, not f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Falgoon P, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your review! I do apologize about the train noise we are right across the track as every hotel in gallup is, if you do come our way next time please let me know and i can arrange a room for you facing the back away from the railroad and also i can arrange for the plastic to be taken off the mattress and a different aray of pillows for you to choose from.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

adequate, not spectacular, beds marginal comfort, clean rooms and baths
one issue, was routinely approached by inebriated people in parking lot who were not staying at motel and were begging for money- no security seen, female companion was very uncomfortable at times

Room Tip: stay as far from train tracks as possible- south side
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your review! I will pass on your comment about the cleanliness to our hotel housekeeping staff. I want to apologize for your companion feeling uncomfortable at times gallup does have a problem with panhandling. hopefully next time your in town we can get you a room closer to the desk as to make you and your companion feel more secure.

Been to Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup? Share your experiences!