“Very good experience in Gallup” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup

You added Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3010 East Highway 66, Gallup, NM 87301 (Formerly Red Rock Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Gallup
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“Very good experience in Gallup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Not sure why this hotel is getting bad reviews. My room was quite clean, everything worked, comfortable bed and breakfast was ample with fresh fruits, eggs, waffles and coffee all day. My internet access was fast. The room was not the Ritz but the two young men working at check in and check out were so kind and helpful, they made up for an otherwise okay stay. I will return and give them another chance.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room away from the tracks. They were fixing up the place when I was there.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Let me detail for you the reasons not to stay here:

1. The place smells really bad no matter if you're in the lobby or in your room.
2. Checked in at 12:30am and the free breakfast still hadn't been cleaned up from that morning. I was just waiting for a rat to come out and have a midnight snack.
3. The indoor pool was green and smelled foul! Severe health hazard and the pool wasn't closed! Oh yeah, we were told we had to enter through the pool room to get to our room.
4. 1950's decor.
5. The floor of both my room and bathroom could have qualified as a 4x4 trail. I tripped several times.
6. No type of air circulation. My window was cracked diagonally. As soon as I was able to pry it open, the high speed freight train came speeding by 50 yards from the hotel. This happened every 15 minutes. I closed the window, choosing the lesser of the two evils.
7. My shower head didn't work. I ended up washing my hair on my knees and dunking my head under the faucet.
8. The health department should shut this place down due the lack of maintenance and condition of the place.
9. The customer service is some of the worst I've ever experienced. I never once received a smile or a thank you.
10. The neighborhood does not seem safe.

All the hotels were booked. If my friend and I had not been so exhausted, we would have just kept driving to ABQ, NM. We were considering just sleeping in our vehicle. We wish we had!

• Stayed August 2011
Falgoon P, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
We are dismayed to read your recent review of our hotel. Your remarks are taken very seriously and each was discussed with our staff. We fully understand that in order to improve our guest’s experience we must seek valuable feedback and act on it.
Our staff was not aware that unpleasant smells were evident in the pool, lobby or guest rooms and this is the first related comment from a guest. We take pride in our housekeeping standards and often enjoy guest comments about the cleanliness of our rooms. However, we are still using some of the original wood furniture from our 1990 opening until we can complete the remodeling of all our rooms and we understand how you may have formed that perception. We have checked the issue you reported with the showerhead in your room and it was repaired after your departure. We did find a small crack in the window of your room and repaired that as well. We reviewed our (passing-grade) August 2011 health inspection reports to ensure that we had not overlooked any of the comments you brought to our attention. The health department did not note any infractions in any department. In August, we also passed our building, fire and pool inspection. Daily pool maintenance, including the correct mix of chemicals and cleaning, takes place seven days a week. Our breakfast items are cleared by 10:30 am every morning. However, it is possible that another guest enjoyed a late take-out meal in our breakfast area, as they frequently do, and left their remaining food items on the counter before our night person had an opportunity to remove them. We understand your concerns with regard to the train noise and its frequency. Several of our guests have shared similar comments. Most of the 40+ hotels in Gallup’s Historic Route 66 are in close proximity to the tracks and are subjected to the same noise of the passing trains scheduled every 60 minutes. The railroad is part of Gallups’s flavor and we understand that it can disrupt sleep, particularly on the hotel side closest to the track. Railroad track environments throughout Gallup may project an unsafe neighborhood but in fact there has been little or no crime reported in this area in years.

We wish to sincerely apologize for the undue inconvenience during your stay. We try very hard to please all guests and it is frustrating to us when we do not achieve that end. Thank you for taking time to inform us of our opportunities to improve.

Falgoon Patel
Casa Grande, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Not a terrible price, but certainly not worth the tradeoff. I don't typically settle for smoking rooms, and I'm a smoker, but the room was like the bar shut down five minutes before I walked into the room. The side door non-stop opened and slammed shut all night long. And there is a train directly across the street - about 200 yards from the hotel. Everything was below average for what I expected from Best Western.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were on a 4,000 mile road trip from Las Vegas to the Gulf of Mexico and this was our second stop of the trip.
It looked all right and we always trust Best Western, well, we won't again.
This hotel was terrible, quite run down but had a pool so thought it would be fine, it wasn't.
We brought in our luggage, and was so disappointed with the room. The TV was incredibly old with very few channels, there were only 2 towels for the two of us and very small.
On the way to the pool we picked up some more towels for our showers.
The pool was a joke, so much chlorine (or something) it was cloudy, the rails were coming out of the floor so very dangerous.
There didn't appear to be anywhere to eat nearby, so we got a Chinese take a way, but I suffered next day from it.
Our room was located next to the washing machine and tumble drier in the corridor and once people started using the machines we lost the picture on the ancient tv, we were so tired we really couldn't be bothered to go to the front desk and complain.
The bedding wasn't ironed and the pillows very uncomfortable, and what we didn't know was there was a railroad train going through every hour horn and all.
The breakfast in the morning was as expected, awful, watered down orange juice, everything looked as if it had been there for a long time.
This hotel really should have it's 'Best Western' title taken away from it, it's a disgrace.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stop at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My family and I stayed here on our way home from our Iowa. Through the exhaustion, the following morning, we left our video camera bag containing our video camera, digital camera, cell phone, family videos, etc. When we arrived home to California, we realized it was left behind. I immediately called the Best Western Red Rock Inn and to my surprise... housekeeping had found our bag and turned it over in its entirety. The management was AMAZING!!!! They took every possible measure to get my belongings back to me in a quick and safe manner (via UPS).
It's not very often, even in the finest of hotels, that you will see such honesty and loyalty to a guest.
As for the hotel... our room was quite nice. As a matter of fact, I joked with my husband about wanting to take the bed and pillows home because they were so comfortable!!!!!! Our next trip... we'll be stopping "Inn".

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

If you are traveling to or through Gallup, New Mexico, this is an excellent choice for a good value, very clean and well maintained hotel on historic Route 66, close to I-40. Owned by an educated and well traveled family, the staff is helpful. Has beautiful, 15 yard indoor pool, great for swimming laps. Large rooms with cable TV. Technology is good. Has high speed internet access for your laptop or you can use customer desktop in private location for free. Continental breakfast is adequate, but limited. Suggest calling ahead for a group touring from Europe and hotel will try to accommodate with wider variety continental. Suggest you go to Earl's Restaurant (about one half mile from hotel), if you want full hot breakfast where you will also be able to buy Navajo jewelry direct from artists.

Room Tip: All rooms are same and large. Has 1 handicap rm
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I am surprised to read the negative reviews on this motel. We were moving from Missouri to Nevada and this was our last stop before getting to our new home!
We had stayed at several America's Best Value Inn's because we were traveling with our dog, but they were so horrible that we decided to stop at this Best Western to see if they took pets. They did for a $10 deposit. After going to the room, we saw a sign that said that if you didn't declare your pet, you would be charged a $50 cleaning fee, so I'm glad that we told them!
The room was nice and clean and the beds were spectacular!
The indoor pool and hot tub were very nice and open late.
The only negative was the older washer and dryer, but at least they worked!
All in all, it was a decent motel and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn and Suites Red Rock Gallup? Share your experiences!