“Slept great...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Slept great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stopped off while passing through. One of the bed spreads had obvious stains but overall was decent. The price was good though not as advertised (found the same to be true at other area hotels that night). The pool area was closed and breakfast was limited. Paint in the room was fresh so at least they are trying.

Room Tip: No elevator so book ahead if you need a first floor room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Largo, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

A nice hotel, but in the middle of nowhere. The hotel was clean & the staff was very friendly. My one complaint was that there was a rail road track right in front of the hotel & the trains ran all night long so it was hard to sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I had pleasant stay! Large clean comfortable rooms! A/C worked well and kept room cool. I would stay here again. New mattresses in rooms extremely comfortable. New comforters thats more modern. Breakfast was great! Friendly staff. Free wifi. What more can you ask for great night of sleep

• Stayed June 2014
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I wanted to swim after a long travel day. I was not told the pool was closed first of all. But it was closed for good reason it was filled with green water that made the hotel smell like a swamp. When I was checking in I knew I was in trouble when the young girl at the counter was so interested in her phone that she could not even look up at me. A nice hello would have been nice. Than after receiving my room key I was told to park outback I was not told that I had to take my luggage up a very long flight of steps. But that is when I figured out the smell was coming from the pool and not from the sewer lines outside. It followed me all the way to my room up the stairs and down the hall. I than opened the door to my room after tripping over the carpet in the hall because it is quite frankly coming up and the padding under is rolled and lumpy. Well anyway I opened the door to the fresh smell of men's cologne and cigarettes. I asked for a non smoking room LISTEN PEOPLE there is no such thing as no smoking in the hotel. I tried to turn on the light but the light bulbs were gone so I used the bathroom light. I said to myself ok it is for one night so just take a bath and go to bed. It was not that easy.....There is no plug for the bathtub and after looking at all the hair down the drain I was gagging. Now breakfast LOLOLOL......I tried to find a chair to have coffee (I did not trust the food) but the hotel maids occupied them all. I am pretty reasonable when staying at a motel or hotel I know that you pay for what you get but come on this was disgusting wall paper falling off the walls towels so old you could see right through them. Sheets that exfoliate when you sleep on them. Really bad. The phone does not work so make sure your cell is charged. Please do not take children there. They might catch something.

Room Tip: Stay down the road.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Gallup? Share your experiences!