“good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Gallup

You added Red Roof Inn Gallup to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Gallup
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3304 West Highway 66, I-40 at US 66, Exit #16, Gallup, NM 87301   |
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
California
“good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Stopped over for one night while on a road trip; good experience, fine stay, keep your expectations in line with a sub-$50 room. Called ahead and made a reservation for a late show and had no issues on check in. Room was quiet, clean, and eminently habitable. TV and wireless worked as one would expect. Skipped the cont. breakfast, as I wanted to revisit the Ranch Kitchen down the road. No issues checking out, service was fine. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

Somewhat upgraded basic hotel. Comfortable bed, good pillows, reasonable furniture. More quiet than other places in Gallup (away from very active railroad). Minimal breakfast, but so was the price. Good for a one night stopover.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Clean and comfortable, free wireless and computer in lobby too. Close to freeway. Good price at $40. Basic breakfast. Inner court rooms are probably quieter as I didn't experience noise...except for the midnight phone call that woke me up.....a woman asked me who I was and I asked her who she was calling, she said she was looking for her daughter E****, I told her "wrong room" and hung up. I hope she found her.

• Liked — Convienient location from interstate travel
  • Disliked — The plastic wrapped fake blueberry muffin.
  • Stayed January 2009
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

My husband and I stayed one night in October, 2008. We'd booked on the internet but ended up getting a cheaper price when we arrived. Our room had QS bed; table & 2 chairs; microwave; and fridge. The ad said "recently remodelled" and the room was very clean; bed comfortable; and had individual air-conditioning. It also had an outdoor pool but due to the time of year it was closed. A continental breakfast was included. The hotel is close to the railway line and interstate but our room was very quiet. They also have highspeed internet, but we didn't use it. The hotel was pretty sterile but we thought it was OK. Would I stay there and recommend it - Yes - we've stayed in worse - much worse!! I can recommend the local hospital as I was sick when we arrived. Went to the hospital and go the very best treatment - wonderful nurse and doctor in ER.

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
West Yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

We arrived in Gallup intending to stay at the Microtel next door, but the guy on reception was really quite rude and unfriendly so we booked in at the Red Roof. The roof was fine, large and very clean but be warned, the walls are so thin you can hear every movement from the surrounding rooms, either side and above.
It is located just off the I-40 and frequented by truck drivers(absolutely no problem) but these guys do get up very early, and I mean early.
Noise apart, the place is fine. The staff are friendly and there is a continental breakfast. It is an ideal stopping off place for anyone on a road trip, as we were.

• Liked — Near the I-40
  • Disliked — The thin walls
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

We were on our road trip from California to Chicago and we checked in at about 10pm. The room was decent. They didn't charge extra for pet as we had our dog with us. We had a very quiet night and a good night sleep. Breakfast was scarce, mini blueberry muffin, stale Raisin Brans, Coffee, Orange and cranberry juice. That's it. Overall, okay for overnighting while on a long trip for the price we paid with pet.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

Firstly, it took us nearly 15 minutes to check in. On a busy Friday night there was only 1 clerk working.
The room was ok... but clearly the card keys worked on more than one door since someone was able to get into our room (thankfully I'd double locked it, otherwise we'd have had uninvited midnight guests)!
I called the front desk only to have the manager respond and tell me that the locks are not guaranteed!
Initially we were placed into a ground floor room. Thankfully we were able to switch to second floor accomodations. That didn't quell the noise from the pool though, which continued well into the middle of the night.

• Disliked — Locks that weren't secure
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Roof Inn Gallup? Share your experiences!