“Vacation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Gallup

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Gallup to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Gallup
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3304 West Highway 66, I-40 at US 66, Exit #16, Gallup, NM 87301   |
Ranked #9 of 27 hotels in Gallup
“Vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Will never stay here again!!! Wasn't anything like online pictures or promises from clerk. Asked for local information and she was too busy. Said she would call the room when she got time....we left 3 days early for a better hotel that cares for its guests. Sorry that I bothered them with staying there. Don't bother trying to eat breakfast in the lobby unless you're the first 4 people there! Very small area.

Stayed May 2013
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry if the pictures seem to be misleading; that is definitely not our intention. All photos that are posted by our property were taken in some of our typical, updated rooms. We have been renovating over the past year, and the majority of our rooms are of the type shown in these photos. I am sorry if the room you were in was not the exact same as those in the photos. Soon, all of our rooms will be completely remodeled, so I hope you come back and give us another chance at that time.

I am also so sorry you were not made to feel welcomed by the staff! We provide continuous training and workshops for all our staff so they can be sure to give our guests such as yourself, the friendly welcome you deserve. I apologize that they fell short in your case and I will take measures to be certain our guests get the care and welcome that is rightly due to them. Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and I hope the remainder of your trip is a pleasant one.

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Arrived right around midnight after a long day of travel. Gave my name, ID and credit card to check in, only to find out I had reserved a smoking room...I don't smoke. Clerk was surly at best, told me it was all I could have because I had booked online. Then I was asked for my reservation number, which I had to look up...after taking the time to get the information for the clerk, she said she didn't need it, gave me my key and dismissed me.

The room stunk of smoke, and was noisy as hell. All the reviews forgot to mention the trains that run right behind the property and literally rattle the windows. Bed is soft and wobbly, and I had serious doubts of the cleanliness of my linens.

I do not recommend this property at any price.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize that the room didn't meet your expectations! Some booking websites make it difficult to see the area in which you can choose between smoking/non-smoking rooms and I am sorry that this caused you to end up with a room you did not want.

If we had any non-smoking rooms available, we would have happily given you one, however we are unable to do so when all other rooms are booked. For any future reservations, please call our property directly at (505) 722-7765 so we can assure that you get the type of room that best meets your needs and so that we can exceed your expectations.

We pride ourselves on meeting high standards of cleanliness and are sorry if you felt that we were lacking in some regard. We hope that you give us another opportunity to give you the very best service possible!

Have a safe trip to your destination!
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I have had the opportunity to visit Gallup, New Mexico on a handful of ocassions. Each time we are never quite sure what our money will buy when it comes to a hotel room. While we have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn I have, for whatever reason, thought of the Red Roof Inns as being on the lower end of the scale. So when we chose this place to stay for $68.00 a night with our AAA discount I was questioning our choice. I was happily surprised. The room was clean, the furnishings not bad and the beds were al little firm but comfortable. Upon arrival we were checked in quickly and in spite of some train noise we had a good nights rest. If your on the lookout for an above average room when visiting Gallup, the Red Roof Inn is worth the try.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for deciding to give us a try when you have so many motels/hotels to choose from in Gallup! I am so glad that your first experience with Red Roof Inn was a pleasant one! I hope that on your future trips you will let us try to make your experience even better. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Pahrump, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Room was clean, everything worked. Staff was good. Only problem was the wifi was not great. I have to write more because trip advisor requires 200 characters even if I don' have anything more usful to say

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback! I apologize that the
Wi-Fi wasn't working properly; there was an incident that affected internet and phones from Flagstaff, AZ all the way to Albuquerque, NM and we are right in the middle. I'm sorry you suffered the repercussions of that! Have a safe journey to your next destination, and we hope we get the opportunity to see you again.
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very clean, comfy, friendly and affordable. On the second day I found the nice fitness room and sauna. Laundry is available at a reasonable price. No noise from the train that many other places in Gallup have. I'd stay here again anytime.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! I am glad we could provide an environment you felt comfortable in and that you were able to enjoy some R & R. Thank you for sharing your experience with us; we really appreciate hearing from our guests so we know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Gallup!
Kingman, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Last night of a long trip. grounds and building were neat and maintained. Room was clean, neat and well stocked. Staff were very friendly. The area for serving breakfast is small but the coffee was great.

Room Tip: Great value, close to I40 and a couple truck stops for fueling. Large selection of places to eat an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with your feedback. I am so glad that you found the rooms to your liking and that you enjoyed our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The reviews led us to expect something special from this chain motel and we were not disappointed. The woman attending the front desk was friendly, informative and efficient. The room was beyond our expectations. It must have been redecorated very recently with an up to date design and perfectly clean and fresh. The large flat screen TV was a plus, as was the beautiful work station/desk chair beside the bed. This is a special place within the budget inn category.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a positive review for us! You are right about the rooms being recently renovated and we love the new, modern design too. If you come through Gallup in the future, we would be honored to host you again. We hope you will give all Red Roof Inn's a try in your travels. Thank you again!

Been to Red Roof Inn Gallup? Share your experiences!