“A real oasis in the desert” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Gallup

You added Red Roof Inn Gallup to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Gallup
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3304 West Highway 66, I-40 at US 66, Exit #16, Gallup, NM 87301   |
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
Elkhart, Indiana
“A real oasis in the desert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have stayed here twice recently and have been very satisfied both times. The rooms have been clean and comfortable and the staff could not have been friendlier.
I was pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast, something not usually offered at a Red Roof.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for being such a great customer! We appreciate you coming back to us for a second visit and look forward to seeing you again when you return to Gallup. We will continue to try and make your future stay's here as good, if not better than your previous ones. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, we value your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We are from France and we had to stay in Gallup for initially one night. The room was fantastic for the price. The manager and the team were fabulous and charming. Finally we stayed 2 more nights in this cocoon on the historic 66 highway. Thank you so much for your kindness Manager. The hotels manager we have checked the price around yours weren't nice as you are.

Room Tip: Rooms on pool side are great
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for such a positive review! I am really happy that you took the time to do your homework and that it paid off for you. We work hard at making our guests feel welcome and comfortable and it makes me happy to know that you appreciated it. Also, thank you for your helpful suggestion! We will definitely look into it and see if it would be possible for us to make a change in that regard. I deeply value your patronage and look forward to serving you again.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We drove a long day and really needed sleep. We read the other reviews and decided to stop in and try this Red Roof location. We were a little early for check in, but it was no problem. The outside of the building looks a little dated, but the rooms are clean and up to date. There were sufficient outlets by the beds for our devices (three of us), and the room was well lit. The wifi was free and pretty fast. There was a fridge and microwave, ironing board and iron as well as a hair dryer. The tv was a flat screen. The beds were really comfy, with nice fresh linens and six total pillows. So, a good value, with the amenities of a Holiday Inn Express without the frills. There was a nice laundry room too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer here. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review; comments from valued guests like you are what help us to continue making improvements that make for a more enjoyable stay. I hope that we will see you again if you ever come back to or through Gallup.
Itasca, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Originally had reserved other hotel room on-line (will not mention name) and the reviews were not complimentary. Red Roof Inn had the best reviews and now I know why! I talked to a guest checking-in and she had inspected a Red Roof Inn room before confirming. Her party of four drove around for two hours viewing other hotel rooms in the area, and returned to book room at Red Roof Inn. Very helpful front desk and very pretty, CLEAN, room. Only suggestion...it would be helpful to have electrical outlet for computer at the desk. I'm typing this from the bed, which has ample outlets nearby. My first stay at a RED ROOF INN I would definitely stay here again on return trip.

Room Tip: Room, bottom floor on SW corner very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
First of all, I need to apologize for not responding to your review sooner. Second, thank you for such a great review and for your very helpful suggestions! We will definitely look into making some changes in that regard. We really appreciate our customers and hope that you will come back again to check up on us.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We haven't stayed at this location in a couple of years. I must say I was very pleased with our visit, more so than before. Room was very clean and well kept. I requested a ground floor room and they were kind enough to accommodate my request. Check in and out was very quick and efficient, clerks seemed genuinely glad that we had decided to stay with them. The hotel felt very safe, as a petite female I had no issues in taking my dog out to do his business in the vacant lot next door after dark, that's not something you can say about a lot of the locations in Gallup, due to the panhandling problem the city has. The train tracks do run behind the motel, but we could hardly hear the train, since he does not sound his whistle near the motel, his passing was pretty much transparent to us. When passing through Gallup we will be staying at this location again, overall a great experience and very good value for the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
I am so glad that you chose to stay with us again. We really appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Last time I reviewed this property the main fault i had was the miniscule breakfast area. This stay, however, was more problematic. The wall plug in bathroom was loose and did not charge my ipad. The top sheet was not tucked under so we had to get up at 1am to fix it. And still minuscule breakfast area. 2 small round tables and chairs. Will likely not stay here again, but room floors were clean, microwave and fridge ok and flat screen tv. Towels a bit thin, but soft.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am sorry that your recent visit wasn't as pleasant as your first visit with us. Our staff has continuous training and reminders throughout the year, so I can only assume that the housekeeper who cared for the room prior to your arrival had a very bad day; that is not a common occurrence as our housekeepers know the high standards that Red Roof Inn holds us to and they work hard at making sure we exceed those requirements. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you the next time you come through Gallup.
Farmington, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you're on a budget and need a decent place to stay in Gallup, this is the place. There are a few 2 1/2 star hotels in Gallup, but they'll charge you about twice what you'll pay here. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. (This has not been my experience at about half the hotels I have stayed at in Gallup.)

The positives were the comfortableness of the bed and the flat screen television with good reception and an easy remote to figure out. Many inexpensive hotels have cheap televisions and broken remotes. It was also nice having a coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, and ironing board in the room. There is a continental breakfast in the hotel lobby, but I did not have a chance to check it out.

The only negative was that I could hear the person walking around in the room above me. This was a little annoying at times, but not near as bad as some of the experiences I've had at other hotels in Gallup or Albuquerque. This will definitely be the place I stay in Gallup in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay with us. Like you mentioned, there are many options in Gallup and I am glad you gave us a chance to show that we have a lot to offer for a great price. If you find yourself in Gallup again, please come back.; and let the front desk know that you have stayed with us before...we really appreciate our loyal customers!

Been to Red Roof Inn Gallup? Share your experiences!