“Basic accommodation at a low price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Gallup

You added Red Roof Inn Gallup to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Gallup
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3304 West Highway 66, I-40 at US 66, Exit #16, Gallup, NM 87301   |
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Gallup
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Basic accommodation at a low price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Well having checked out of the Palazzo in Las Vegas this was quite a lot different to say the least. Being English I have to say that this place looks much like every motel we see in America programmes on TV - normally because Earl is living there with his brother Randy or because CSI are investigating something - so I half expected a body in the pool the next morning - thankfully not!

We arrived in the dark and picked this place mainly because they had availability and it was cheap. The rooms were clean and functional with air-conditioning and a good sized TV.

I was on the first floor and the only issue I had was that the whole room shook when someone walked past outside. I slept reasonably well and we left first thing in the morning and whilst we looked at the "continental" breakfast we opted to leave it.

Overall, good value and I'd stay at a Red Roof Inn again based on this first experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We are glad to hear that our property met your needs. We are always trying to upgrade and improve so that our guests can enjoy optimal comfort; we may not ever be the Palazzo, but we'll work on that for you. I hope you have enjoyed your travels here and that you have a safe trip home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel and was very skeptical. What a pleasant surprise. I had a king bed, great bedding laminate flooring, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge and desk with a real desk chair. I know this seems silly, but it was the first hotel where I didn't need my own toilet paper. Also, he staff was very attentive, pleasant, helpful and just plain nice. This is a great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for such a nice review! We are striving to give our guests the best accomadation possible at low prices so it makes us very happy that you felt that way! We hope you will come back to us again in your travels so we can continue giving you the service that you deserve. Have a safe trip!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed based on reviews, and were very pleased! Loved the updated room, great paint choice. :-) Bed could be firmer, (personal choice) but that's about it. Breakfast was small but offered warm and cold choices so most will find something they like. Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so pleased that you like the new rooms; we are partial to them also. It makes us happy when our guests are able to leave here with a great experience because that is always our goal. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are passing through Gallup! Have a safe trip!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

If this is representative of all Red Roof Inns. Such an awful odor. I don't think the carpet has ever been cleaned. Probably my last use of this chain. Have pets but there is NO excuse for this. I would rather pay $100 & know my room is clean.

• Stayed September 2013
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We are terribly sorry you had a bad experience here. The Red Roof Inn properties maintain high standards for cleanliness and we try to uphold those which includes having our carpets cleaned on a regular basis. We are very sorry if the room you had was lacking in that regard. Please accept our sincere apologies and our hopes that you won't give up on the Red Roof Inn. We encourage our guests to alert us immidiately if their rooms are not satisfactory and we try to make any changes that will make them more comfortable. I am sorry this didn't happen for you. I wish you safe and happy future travels, and again, I apologize for any frustration that your stay here caused to you.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am all for traveling on a budget, but this hotel was absolutely horrific. The room was dirty, the property poorly maintained, and the breakfast bar they offered was terrible. This was a disappointment since this hotel advertises a "full breakfast" instead of a continental breakfast. Completely misleading! Additionally, I requested a non-smoking room, but you'd never know it! My room was so smoky that I had a hard time sleeping. There was no elevator, and for someone who needs one, this proved to be quite a challenge. There are other options worth exploring. If you can, stay elsewhere or keep driving!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I'm so sorry your experience here was not the pleasant, enjoyable one that you deserve. We pride ourselves in doing our best and training our staff to do the same, so we are truly sorry the cleanliness of your room didn't meet your expectations and in turn did not meet our expectations. If any advertisements for our business were misleading in their description of the type of breakfast we offer, we are so sorry. We try to be clear and only advertise that we have a free continental breakfast, however some websites only give us the option of stating whether we do or do not offer free breakfast but do not allow us to be more specific than that. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. I hope your future travels are pleasant ones.
Barnard Castle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Red Roof should update their site as we got an unexpected breakfast. It's only a small dining area off the reception but it's a bonus to have a bite to eat as well as a fresh coffee before setting off first thing in the morning. We ate Dinner at a Crackerbarrel restaurant in a mall nearbye. Nice food and ended up spending a lot more in the gift shop than we did on the meal. Unfortunately we never got to use the pool as the weather was dull and drizzly the time we arrived but we did use their excellent laundry facilities. They also had a small Gym come excercice room if that's what rows your boat. All in all a good value motel that offers clean comfortable rooms with decent facilities. Would recommend this Motel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your pleasant review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and for taking the time to let us know. Also, we appreciate you alerting us to the fact that the website doesn't show that we offer a free continental breakfast; we will try to remedy that soon. We hope that the next time you pass through Gallup, you will stay with us again. Safe travels and we will look forward to seeing you next time!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This motel is old and grubby with many signs of wear. The noise from the road kept us awake and the bathroom had obviously not been cleaned. Overall, a very poor advertisement for the Red Roof chain. We were stopped in Gallup for a weather related road closure, and if we had stayed on the road for one more exit would have found several better alternatives for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We are so sorry that your previous stay with us was less than stellar. I sincerely apologize for any negligence that caused your stay to be an uncomfortable one, we provide continuous training for our staff in hopes that this isn't a regular occurence. Thank you for alerting us to your concerns. We have recently been renovating our property, so we hope for a future opportunity to provide you with a stay that meets up to your valid expectations.

Been to Red Roof Inn Gallup? Share your experiences!