“Very nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Gallup

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Gallup to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Gallup
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3304 West Highway 66, I-40 at US 66, Exit #16, Gallup, NM 87301   |
Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Gallup
Pontiac, Illinois
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed in a Red Roof inn in Amarillo then night before and it was a very nice place so decided to try them again .. Was nt disappointed .. my stay was just as nice .. Staff was friendly and did want your stay to be good .. room was nice and clean .. no complaints .. will stay there again
Thanks

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you through Gallup.

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here after an ice storm prompted me to pull off the highway for the night. The young woman behind the front desk was friendly and down-to-earth, the rates reasonable, and the room (a queen bed) was clean with a great, clever set-up for a small space.

Another bonus feature -- you can open the windows to get a fresh exchange of air in the room -- not something to be taken for granted. (Windows at at many higher-end properties cannot be opened, as we know. And many of these properties suffer from sick-building syndrome, leaving guests feeling ever-so-fatigued in the stale air like that of a long flight.)

My only suggestion? "Red Roof Inn Cleans Green". Switch over to non-chemical, natural cleaning products (studies show they're more effective -- and less expensive -- at killing germs, bacteria, mold and dirt) and dump the chemical cleaners that are a big health-hazard for folks with allergies and asthma -- an estimated 30% of today's population.

Not only will you make your guests more comfortable, it's good for business. Did you know occupancy rates are off the charts at upscale, expensive hotels offering "allergy-friendly" "pure rooms", as they're called.

So yeah, Red Roof Inn, lead the budget-hotel pack and offer "Live Like a Billionaire, Stay on a Budget Book Your Pure-Green Room at Red Roof Inn". I'll be there!

Bottom line: Great stay, I'd stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We always appreciate suggestions for improving our property so that our guests feel more comfortable. Thank you for your taking the time to make your valuable suggestions known to us. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town.
northeast Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. We checked in late and had booked through orbitz. The front desk gal seemed a little annoyed about that and kept muttering about them only getting paid $35 for a room. She tried to convince me I was getting ripped off by orbitz by not booking directly w/ them, but the price she said we would have gotten was at least $10 more than we'd paid!? Oh well, that being said, the rooms were in good shape and clean. The outside looks tired. The continental breakfast was a little weak with make your own waffles, 2 dry cereal options plus oatmeal, apples, small blueberry muffins, orange juice, apple juice and coffee. Seating was very limited with only space for maybe 6-8 (2 tables) and a love seat in the lobby. If you are on the 2nd level the cleaning carts shake the floors and sound like jet planes flying over as they race back and forth in the morning (annoying). The pool didn't have the snow cleaned off of it and we were unable to use it. (joking) Overall it was a good value and we would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are always working to improve, so we will use your comments to try and do so. I hope you are able to see for yourself that we are always improving the next time you come through Gallup. If you let us know in advance that you are coming, we will order sunny weather so you can use the swimming pool.
Prunedale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel was clean, but the bathroom needs some attention. There was mildew around the tub. The bathroom fan turns on with the light and you cannot turn it off. There is free breakfast, but not much to choose from. The breakfast area is in the main lobby and is very small and to warm. Beds were not very comfortable. Wasn't horrible, but would pay a bit more for a better hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us here in Gallup. I am sorry some features of our property were not to your satisfaction. We value your comments and will use them to make changes that will make your future stays with us more enjoyable. We hope to see you soon!
Park Hill, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

One of the worst I've stayed at. It was first time I've stayed at red roof inn. Hoping this one was just old. I really didn't feel real safe. Clean enough, got in late so just slept and left. Did not eat there, don't know if even had a restaurant.

Room Tip: If just want a bed and don't care about frills or decor it was cheap.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry you had a bad experience with us. We are always making improvements so we hope that you will give us another try in the near future. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to share your thoughts with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were very impressed with everything about this motel. We had been staying at Motel 6 and Studio 6's on our trip across country and back and I was to the point that I was disgusted with staying in motels. We still had one night left on our trip and I didn't want to stay with the chain of motels we had been staying so I pulled up Tripadvisor and read all the reviews on this motel and thought we would give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised at how well kept the rooms are. The front office was nice and welcoming and the clerk was very pleasant. I thought the other chain was the only motel that allowed dogs but found out that the Red Roof Inn allows pets also. Woo Hoo, we will now be staying at Red Roof Inn's from now on. Red Roof Inn even has a continental Breakfast included in the price. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you're in need of a place to hang your hat for the night, this place will do. But I'd honestly never come here again. When we got to our room, one of the beds was mysteriously wet. The other bed had hair and the dirty imprint of a face on the pillow. The lady at the front desk was super nice about it, giving us fresh sheets, offering to put them on the bed for us, and giving us a 10% discount on the room. But by that point, I think the damage had been done. Couple all of that with the fact that it just didn't seem like that nice of a neighborhood, and well, you get back to my second sentence of this review.

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the courtyard seemed to shield the noise from the highway pretty well.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Gallup? Share your experiences!