“Very impressed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Gallup

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Gallup to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Gallup
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3304 West Highway 66, I-40 at US 66, Exit #16, Gallup, NM 87301   |
Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Gallup
“Very impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were very impressed with everything about this motel. We had been staying at Motel 6 and Studio 6's on our trip across country and back and I was to the point that I was disgusted with staying in motels. We still had one night left on our trip and I didn't want to stay with the chain of motels we had been staying so I pulled up Tripadvisor and read all the reviews on this motel and thought we would give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised at how well kept the rooms are. The front office was nice and welcoming and the clerk was very pleasant. I thought the other chain was the only motel that allowed dogs but found out that the Red Roof Inn allows pets also. Woo Hoo, we will now be staying at Red Roof Inn's from now on. Red Roof Inn even has a continental Breakfast included in the price. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you're in need of a place to hang your hat for the night, this place will do. But I'd honestly never come here again. When we got to our room, one of the beds was mysteriously wet. The other bed had hair and the dirty imprint of a face on the pillow. The lady at the front desk was super nice about it, giving us fresh sheets, offering to put them on the bed for us, and giving us a 10% discount on the room. But by that point, I think the damage had been done. Couple all of that with the fact that it just didn't seem like that nice of a neighborhood, and well, you get back to my second sentence of this review.

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the courtyard seemed to shield the noise from the highway pretty well.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Older motel. Rough on outside. Room was clean in in excellent repair. Comfy bed, good wi fi, frig and microwave. Nice shower. Clean carpets. No problem with our small dog. Breakfast was simple but adequate. With waffles. Only problem was outlets. only 2! And the clock and bed light connected to them. Advise taking a plug with multi- outlets. Pillows were comfy but only half size. What's with that! Some train noise. No horns just the rumble of them going by.It was a lot for the money. Papa Johns delivers too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Due to tripadviser rating and a $36.99 coupon from a motel guide we decided to try the Red Roof. Pleasently surprised. Room large, nice size flat screen tv, frig, fully stocked bath with shower only. Management should consider updating the beds which are a couple of years past due. Also, there is a train track near by with trains running all night. Not a deal breaker but wanted you to know if you are a light sleeper. Bottom line, cheap, clean and reasonably quiet. I would stay again if the price is the same.

• Stayed December 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were very satisfied with our stay here. The price was low, so we didn't expect a lot of extras. What we had was a very clean room with plenty of room. The rooms are a little older, but they are kept in good condition. Wi-fi is strong, which was important to me. The girl at the front desk allowed us to view the room before we stayed, which was nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the front of the hotel- did not hear a train at all!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Divide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great value for the money. Stayed twice in November-- both times weekdays. Rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean. Have stayed in both "superior King" and "standard Queen". King has a spacious desk and extra outlets for computers, Queen is perfect for singles with a small table. Pillows are actually kinda comfortable. Bed is decent quality, sheets not too scratchy. WiFi works for the basics. Noise isn't an issue, even with the "truck stop" in the back. Its not a truck stop, its truck parking/ overflow for large vehicles. Truckers like a hot shower and a bed too-- yes some times they need to run the reefrig in the trucks to keep your produce from spoiling. Night Staff is courteous, morning staff is blunt and dry. Its off Exit 16 (I-40), so you are away from the train yard and next to the airport. This equals quiet.

Breakfast is old muffins, waffle "goo" and below average coffee. The COFFEE is really what is in dire need of improvement Red Roof.

Room Tip: Look for room on the front /street side of the Building if you dont want stairwell traffic-- also an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was one of the best values I've ever gotten from a hotel.

The exterior is a bit drab, but our room was recently updated and very clean. The front desk staff were exceptionally nice. They asked about my drive, gave me dinner recommendations, and gave me a courtesy call after I'd reached my room to make sure everything was in order.

Even the layout of the room was good. There was plenty of lighting, plenty of counter space, and comfortable pillows (all pet peeves of mine).

I hope other places are taking notes, because this is exactly how a budget motel should be run; Nothing too fancy, just a clean room, friendly staff, and a great price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Gallup? Share your experiences!