“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Gallup

You added Red Roof Inn Gallup to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Gallup
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3304 West Highway 66, I-40 at US 66, Exit #16, Gallup, NM 87301   |
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were very satisfied with our stay here. The price was low, so we didn't expect a lot of extras. What we had was a very clean room with plenty of room. The rooms are a little older, but they are kept in good condition. Wi-fi is strong, which was important to me. The girl at the front desk allowed us to view the room before we stayed, which was nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the front of the hotel- did not hear a train at all!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Divide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great value for the money. Stayed twice in November-- both times weekdays. Rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean. Have stayed in both "superior King" and "standard Queen". King has a spacious desk and extra outlets for computers, Queen is perfect for singles with a small table. Pillows are actually kinda comfortable. Bed is decent quality, sheets not too scratchy. WiFi works for the basics. Noise isn't an issue, even with the "truck stop" in the back. Its not a truck stop, its truck parking/ overflow for large vehicles. Truckers like a hot shower and a bed too-- yes some times they need to run the reefrig in the trucks to keep your produce from spoiling. Night Staff is courteous, morning staff is blunt and dry. Its off Exit 16 (I-40), so you are away from the train yard and next to the airport. This equals quiet.

Breakfast is old muffins, waffle "goo" and below average coffee. The COFFEE is really what is in dire need of improvement Red Roof.

Room Tip: Look for room on the front /street side of the Building if you dont want stairwell traffic-- also an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was one of the best values I've ever gotten from a hotel.

The exterior is a bit drab, but our room was recently updated and very clean. The front desk staff were exceptionally nice. They asked about my drive, gave me dinner recommendations, and gave me a courtesy call after I'd reached my room to make sure everything was in order.

Even the layout of the room was good. There was plenty of lighting, plenty of counter space, and comfortable pillows (all pet peeves of mine).

I hope other places are taking notes, because this is exactly how a budget motel should be run; Nothing too fancy, just a clean room, friendly staff, and a great price.

PETOSKEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Despite the sounds of the trains (which WE like), this is a nice, affordable place to stay. We had no problems of any kind as previously read about. We had a room in the back near the train tracks. No one bothered us. Rooms were very clean. We would stay here again.

Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Despite negative reviews we stayed here. Yep-heard the trains but we found that comforting and lulling for sleep. Away from the noise of the downtown was nice. Very clean rooms and comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Will stay here again

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Not wanting to spend another night at an older Motel 6 with our dog and my 80 year old handicapped Mom who cannot climb stairs, we priced several other motels in Gallup, finding all to be pricey for October. I asked at the Red Roof and was surprised that the clerk offered to have me look at a room and then decide. I am happy I did. The room was large, spotless, had a fridge, microwave, free wifi, a huge flat screen TV, scads of amenities, and breakfast for only around $12 more than Motel 6. The staff even called after a bit to make sure everything was fine with the room. It was a great stay,and with an inside room by the pool, it was really quiet. I even joined the hotel club for the points. I would stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside by the pool are quieter and more appealing than the outside strip.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Groom, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

As an insurance agent I have annual enrollments in Gallup that last 6 weeks. I have stayed here for the last ten years during my enrollment times. The staff is always pleasant and friendly, the rooms are clean and the customer service is excellent all for a reasonable price too. Whenever I needed assistance help was always given. In my ten years I have seen the staff go above and beyond in many ways. Yes, I've had a few small issues arise over the years myself but it was always handled properly and efficiently.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Gallup? Share your experiences!