“Nice.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Gallup

You added Red Lion Hotel Gallup to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Gallup
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3009 West Highway 66, Gallup, NM 87301 (Formerly Gallup Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Gallup
Chinle, Arizona
“Nice.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We recently stayed here for one night and I must say, we were quite impressed with the lovely room! It was clean and quiet. The housekeeping staff were polite and friendly. The pool was great! Nice size and warm. The hot tub, however, wasn't working and it closed pretty early... Closed at 9pm, a little disappointing for my daughter. The wifi, my spouse had no trouble logging on and staying connected... For some reason, my iPad wasn't connecting... So used my spouse's iPad... The location wasn't fun, the hotel is situated pretty far from town. The restaurants nearby didn't look appealing so we had to drive clear across town to find a nice place to eat. Shopping and movie theater was pretty far, too. Overall, it was a nice hotel. Just a few things that bugged us but we slept good! haha

Room Tip: Bottom floor was great! No noise coming from above or next door! AC in all rooms, not noisy at all...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ryan L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay . some apple products have trouble logging on to our wifi I don't know why . but I'm glad you liked your stay hope to see you back soo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My stay at the redlion was great. The morning staff was the best breakfast was amazing the cook came out and asked us how we were doing wich was very nice, the morning server made sure he did anything possible to make my wife and i were happy when she asked him for decaffeinated coffee he brought out a fresh cup specially for her! the food was amazing it was plated and fresh my family loved it not to mention i loved the music they were listening too! i made sure to get their names so there was no confusion . Fernando was the cook and shawn was the server they are very kind employees and i will definitely be back just because of them! Thanks for ur kind staff!

• Stayed June 2014
Ryan L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I'm very glad you enjoyed you stay we hope to see you back soon.
Deming, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Staying with my 91 year old mother in law and wife with 2 bad knees. Was told the only room was upstairs with no elevator. The room was not what I would expect from Red Lion, very mediocre. For breakfast the eggs were cold, the waffles were cold and hard. Order from room service of sandwiches took 1 hour to be delivered.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I'm sorry this has happened to you I will be looking into this right away!
please except my apologies for the poor service you had. again I'm so sorry
have a nice day.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This place is a DUMP! Stay somewhere else.
1. Showed up at 1pm to see if rooms might be available. Front desk clerk said they might be but if we checked in prior to 3pm she had to charge an extra $25 per room. WHAT???? I have been traveling for 30 years and have never heard of that rule.
2. Checked in: lobby smelled like sewage coming from the men's room. Room was 100 degrees and a/c did not work. Phone did not work. Changed rooms. Phone still did not work. Both bathroom light fixtures missing covers. TV remote did not work. No ice or vending on my floor. No elevator.
I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I'm sorry your stay was that bad here , I'm looking into the last few days and I'm not happy myself so things will change here real fast .
I'm sorry again ( but I will take of this) .have a nice day.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I recently attended a graduation banquet for a nephew of mine at this hotel. The room was fine as were the facilities but the food served buffet style was inedible. Main courses were disgusting ham with some sort of glop they call glaze on top, chicken undercooked and potatoes and veggies had no taste whatsoever. I wandered the area and met a young, thin man who claimed to be the kitchen manager, this kid didn't seem that he could manage a bologne sandwich. Please guys hire some good, experienced kitchen staff.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine just don't eat here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
hello I'm Ryan I will be looking into this right away I don't understand why the food was like that .but I'll see what I can do ok
have a nice day.
Univeristy Place
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Right off Route 66. Got it for a cheap rate off Expedia. Desk staff was friendly. Two people were really loud in the rear parking lot and the cops had to come remove them. Sounded like locals so that was kind of weird but not like it's the hotels fault. Room was very clean. Breakfast was very nice in a very nice room. Pool area was awesome.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ryan L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed you stay with us , hope to see you back here soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel was a great buy. The room was clean and large. The breakfast included eggs, sausage, pancakes, assorted pastries, yogurt and fruit. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014
Ryan L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
thank you for your stay hope to see you back soon.