“Broke down trucker” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
“Broke down trucker”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My truck just happened to break down here in Gallup New Mexico so I had to have the repairs done at a nearby shop, I checked into the Econo Lodge and I must say it was a very pleasant stay, I was here for 13 days total and the rate was very affordable, the front desk managers was great the maids the maintenance man everyone was so pleasant, I can't say enough about what a nice stay this was, the room was pretty nice I was impressed on my overall stay here, they also have truck parking and a decent continental breakfast for the price the place is great. Thanks a lot Econo Lodge Staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Nisha V, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you Jimmie for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed our accommodations and had a pleasant your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in Gallup again soon! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dexter, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel/rooms were. We were expecting an older, run down hotel and instead got a very nicely done, newer hotel. Also, most hotels in Gallup the trains keep you awake, here we didn't hear a train all night. For the price, by far and away the best place in Gallup to stay. It is on the west end of Rt 66 of Gallup and is 2 miles to much of any kind of business, but it takes no time to get into town. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nisha V, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you William for writing us a pleasant review! We are glad you enjoyed our accommodations and had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again on your future travels through Gallup!
Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Did a one night stay and was VERY impressed with the friendliness and dedication of Phillip.
The room was nice, but his information made it nicer. He also managed to compensate for the malfunctioning dryer in the customer laundry room. He allowed my wife and the next couple to finish drying laundry in the hotel's facility.
As a former hospitality workers (both myself and my wife), his actions were even more appreciated. Already commented upon this,via another web survey, but we cannot say enough good stuff about Phillip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nisha V, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dearest Jess, Thank you very much for the great review and rating! I was thrilled to hear you had a great stay. I will be sure to give Philip a shout out for a job well done! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your future trips through Gallup!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Friendly staff, clean and well-cared-for room with fridge, microwave, blow dryer, flat screen tv, free cable, and best of all, free high-speed Internet. It's right off the highway but very quite. I challenge you to find a better deal! I'll stay here any time I pass thru. I don't know or care if there's a pool or restaurant. This is a degree of magnitude better than the Econo Lodge I stayed in last night

Room Tip: I asked for first floor and got a handicapped room. It was great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Nisha V, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hi Susan,

It was such a pleasure reading your review and thank you so much for the 5-star rating. The entire team and I are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality, location and rooms. We wish you the best and we hope to welcome you back to the Econo Lodge, Gallup!
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This Econ lodge is good for what you pay. The rooms could use some work. However the people working there all were very nice. Also the breakfast was good one of the best I have had at an Econ lodge. They do need more handicapped parking then what they have now. I would stay there again if in Gallup.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nisha V, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your pleasant review! I am glad that your stay with us was satisfactory and you enjoyed our friendly staff and breakfast offerings. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Econo Lodge on your future travels through Gallup!
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This place is old and run-down. It is in great need of a renovation.
The bathroom has paint peeling off the walls, the tub and sink are stained and there are cracked tiles everywhere.
I nearly fell down in the bedroom since there were strange bumps underneath the carpet.
They advertise HBO, but the HBO channel is fuzzy and you are not able to watch it.
The furniture is just nasty. Tried to open drawers but was not able to / the chairs are wobbly.
The windows are disgusting and provide no soundproof, which is highly needed since there is a train passing by about every 10-15 minutes.
The walls must be paper thin since I was able to follow the neighboring room's conversation . Thank goodness for earplugs.
Breakfast is extremely limited compared to other Econo Lodges I have stayed at and the staff didn't seem to care when I explained my concerns to them.

AVOID THIS ONE

Room Tip: Room in the back so you cannot hear the train noise
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Nisha V, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the late reply. I am so sorry your experience here was not the pleasant, enjoyable one that you deserve. I have spoken with the housekeeping and maintenance departments for prompt action and have also provided further training to ensure no such occurrences are repeated. Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. I hope your future travels are pleasant ones.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was my return trip back east and I had seen this motel previously. The outside looks new and the lobby looks very nice. I was surprised when I got to my room and found older furniture stained and torn. All in all it was clean. It had a microwave and frig..the frig was one of those small dorm size ones and it was on the floor. The bed was "just ok" and the sheets looked clean.
This motel is dog friendly...mostly walking Fido around the building or desert. It has what looks like someday may be a nice enclosed pool..but, it was under construction during my stay.
Price was cheap and so was my room. Would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Nisha V, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I am sorry that you didn't find your recent stay with us satisfactory. We are currently in the process of getting our exterior canopy renovations completed. Once we are done with these, our focus will be on interior furnishings. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you on your future travels through Gallup.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!