“This can't really be a Days Inn!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Gallup Days Inn West

Gallup Days Inn West
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gallup
Gallup Days Inn West
You added Gallup Days Inn West to your Saves list
3201 W. Highway 66, Gallup, NM 87301   |
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
Lawrence, Kansas
“This can't really be a Days Inn!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We reserved this room through Travelocity thinking it would be a decent hotel. Instead we paid $32 MORE than the price advertised on the marquis, for a room that was way below normal standards of cleanliness and decency! We paid for 2 queens and got double beds, the towels were stained and there was a rotting burrito in the microwave waiting for us! The hotel manager and help not only didn't give us a refund, or a partial refund; they insinuated that we were wrong for wondering if the sheets were even changed, since other things in the room seemed uncleaned. It was pretty bad and an unsettling experience to say the least. My advice is don't use travelocity and don't stay here!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Prattville, Alabama USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I stayed here for one night and got a renovated room on the first floor. The room was spacious, and it was clean, not something you can always count on in a Days Inn.

The Days Inn was full the night I stayed there, and I thought it was fairly quiet. The beds were okay, and the bathroom had adequate space. I think the Days Inn Gallup West is fine for a one night stay.

The continental breakfast had cereals, apple juice and orange juice, toast and bagels, and oatmeal.

If you stay, get one of the renovated rooms on the first floor, and you shouldn't have minimal complaints.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Taos, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

We drove into Gallup in a blizzard, road weary and trusting that this Days Inn would be as nice as other Days Inns in which we had stayed . I should have known when we approached the desk. The clerk was cold and stand-offish. We were traveling with our dog and told her so. I guess she thought we were dogs too because our room had filthy carpeting, soiled mattresses, worn and pilled blankets and doors with kickmarks and cracks in them. We were too tired to go out in the deep snow looking for other accommodations so we decided to make the best of it. My husband thought there were blood stains on the mattresses.( The mattress covers did not fit) I thought it was something else. What, I do not know. I could not sleep at all there. The beds were old, uneven and uncomfortable. I tossed and turned all night long and woke up tired. If the room were cheap, I could understand it but we payed $80 or so. The outside looks nice so don't be fooled. In the future we will check all rooms before checking in and we will be wary of Days Inn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the disrepair, dirtiness and unfriendliness
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to the manager:

Our recent interactions regarding my reservation for the night of Oct. 3 were very unsettling. I did not realize that my reservation was nonrefundable, primarily because I have never heard of this type of policy before. After searching for this policy on the Days Inn website, as well as several third party travel websites, I've realized that it is indeed clearly stated and I will no longer pursue a refund. However, I have stayed at many hotels over many years, and I have never had a hotel that refused a refund if the reservation was cancelled 24 hours in advance. That is why I didn't notice it when I initially made the reservation.

However, due to your rude behavior, I will not only never stay at a Days Inn and will warn my friends to never stay at one, I am going to write a poor review of your hotel on every travel website I can find. If you had bothered to locate my reservation the first time I called, and explained your policy in a polite manner, I would not feel compelled to take those steps. Haven't you ever heard of this business policy? 3 out of 10 satisfied customers will tell other people, 9 out of 10 dissatisfied customers will tell every one they come into contact with about their unhappy experience.

You kept telling me that you couldn't find my reservation, but I know you didn't even look because you never asked me to spell my name or asked for my booking number during the first conversation, then I discovered that the booking number that I received from Hotels.com and gave to you in the second conversation is the same as your confirmation number, and that they had already faxed my reservation information to you on the same day I made it, Sept. 11th. Instead you just yelled at me to complain about Hotels.com and then yelled at the customer service representatives who called you to try to clarify matters in an attempt to resolve the situation. You admitted in the first conversation that the hotel, not Hotels.com, would eventually be receiving my payment for this reservation. This was confirmed by each of the Hotels.com customer service representatives that I talk to. This type of policy is grossly unfair, as your hotel has received plenty of advance notice that you will have that room available to another paying customer. I cancelled my reservation within minutes after I made it, and it was done almost a month in advance. Is this how Days Inn makes their money? Collecting payments for services never provided?

You could have prevented having this situation in which your precious time is being wasted and there is an angry non-customer telling everyone about their experience, if you had just taken a few moments of pleasant customer service at the beginning to explain the policy in a friendly manner. You can yell all you want about Hotels.com and other third party websites being rip offs, but that is not who created this situation and who is now ripping me off. You were so angry and out of control the minute you picked up the phone and I said I made the reservation through Hotels.com, that it became impossible for us to come to a resolution. I am a reasonable person and would have dropped the entire matter immediately if you had handled it in a professional manner to start with. You not only lost a customer for your location, but for other Days Inn locations as well, and other potential customers.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

This was a big mistake. There was a rodeo in town and not many places had availability. We took the room only to find the place filthy. Half of the bulbs where burned out and the wall plugs where falling out of the walls. It was a dark, dirty room. I was wondering if they place the bad bulbs in half the fixtures to prevent the guest from seeing the disgusting carpet.

Needless to say, there where not many options so we decided to make the best of it. Then we found that the pool was not heated and the hot tub/spa wan drained and not working. Another strike.

Then at 2 am we got a call from the front desk explaining that they have a policy not to call rooms after 10pm but wondered if we knew so and so, because they are asking for our room number saying that there friends are staying in that room. So now we are awake, the kids are awake. It was ridiculous. I would never stay here again and never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed June 2008
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2007

Room was fine. Nothing special, just okay. The main thing we wanted was a heated pool to enjoy with out 2 year old boy and a jaccuzzi to relax in. Wneh we checked in, they said "yes the pool is heated and we have a jaccuzzi". Well, the pool was heated to a whopping 76 degrees; uncomfortably cool. When I questioned the temperature, I was told that it was maintained at the standard of 78 degrees. By what standard is 78 considered a HEATED pool? Oh, and the jaccuzzi is empty. Dry as a bone. Save yourself 20 bucks and stay in one of the numerous other joints nearby that are just as nice with no pool.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

If you're travelling with a pet, you'd be better off staying in a barn! The rooms they stick pet-owners in reek. The smell was only the start though - the bathroom floor was sticky, the sink was clogged, the sheets were stained and ripped, the "queen" size beds were only doubles, and the sorry excuse for a blanket on the bed was moth eaten and disgusting! I felt bad even making my dog sleep in the room.

I'll go back to the East side of town to stay next time. Never again here, though!

• Liked — Close to freeway
  • Disliked — the smell? the sticky floor? the tiny bed with nasty linens? hard to pick one
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Gallup Days Inn West? Share your experiences!