“Excellent Rest Stop” 5 of 5 stars

Save with AAA
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
“Excellent Rest Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Gallup-West on our return from Colorado. We had driven from Fort Collins Colorado that day and didn't get into the Hampton until around midnight. The staff was very nice and helped us get checked in quickly so we could get some rest. Parts of the first floor were under renovation but it really didn't bother me at all. The room was perfect, clean and quite. We got a good nights rest, had the complimentary breakfast and hit the road. The location was perfect as I was pulling a U-Haul trailer and it was conveniently located right off of Interstate 40. they had a large parking lot where several other trailers and motorhomes had parked for the night. There was 2 gas station just on the other side of I-40 for easy fill up in the morning, Thanks Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Geneva2009
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Gallup is often a pit-stop from one tourist area to another. If you stop at this property, you feel welcome (nice staff), the rooms are fairly large, a small pool and jacuzzi as well a small fitness complet a good experience.
Breakfast and wi-fi is usually included, both of good service.
Room clean, aircondition working, but you might even consider sleeping with the window open.

Room Tip: Request in any case room to the opposite of the train track (train noise is a big issue in Gallup as...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Odessa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I used to travel with my daughter quite often for sports. In my experience Hampton always has comfortable beds and a nice breakfast which fit our needs perfectly. We don't travel for sports anymore, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We will continue to stay at Hamptons.

Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean hotel with comfortable rooms and Directv. Stayed here while on business in the neighboring cities. They have a hot breakfast and also if you are in a hurry, to go breakfast bags. I think it is kind of expensive considering there is not a lot to do in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hampton is a dependable chain of hotels, and this one is also. The hotel is very clean, easily accessible, and very modern in its appearance. I have come to expect a little more variety with Hampton's hot breakfast. This hotel did not have as much selection as I've seen at a number of other Hampton Inns. It had the bagel toppers and oatmeal as its hot food selections. When we wanted a waffle, we had to ask the attendant for batter. I realize that these are nit-picky, but I was willing to pay a little more for Hampton because it is predictable. This is the second (out of 3) Hampton Inns I've stayed in during the past week. Finally, the beds were a little hard for a Hampton. Overall, it is a good hotel, and I would stay there again. The hotel was quiet although it was full of customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gallup-West, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I'm so delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our Hampton Inn and took time from your busy schedule to write a review. We always value our guests' feedback. I'd like to share your comments with my staff and thank them for their hard work. Our morning breakfast features all the signature food items required of the Hampton brand, including scrambled eggs, ham, sausage patty, yogurt, and healthy oatmeal. Making fresh waffles for you was no trouble at all -- my staff is trained on how to make the perfect waffle. Thanks for being a loyal Hilton Hhonors member and please call me if I can be of further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Angeline Murphy
(505)722-7224 x400
Leicester, MA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The rooms were clean, clean smelling and beds crisp and refreshing to go to sleep at the end of long day of sightseeing. Complimentary breakfast was nice and the quality was top notch. The front desk/staff always greeted us with a smile and asked if we needed anything. There was always fresh coffee available to patrons and on the go breakfast bags helped with mid-morning snacking. The hotel was clean, downstairs bathroom was clean too. I very much enjoyed our stay while we were there.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We absolutely love this Hampton Inn! Driving across I-40 from Dallas to Northern California frequently, we always try to schedule one night in Gallup as we know we will receive excellent customer service, a healthy and delicious breakfast, and a clean and quiet environment at this Hampton Inn location. Not to mention the AARP and AAA discounts available to members of those groups. Great job, Hampton Inn Gallup-West!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor of the hotel facing away from I-40 to assure no train noise at night...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Gallup-West? Share your experiences!