“Outstanding Customer Services & Clean Property” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save with AAA
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
Tempe, Arizona
“Outstanding Customer Services & Clean Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member and I want to tell anyone who is passing through Gallup, NM. I strongly recommend that you stay at the Hampton Inn Gallup - WEST side at 111 Twin Buttes, Gallup, NM. Ms. Angeline Hawthorne-Murphy and her staff provides outstanding customer services in a friendly, clean atmosphere and will ensure your stay is comfortable. The hotel property is clean and inviting. There is a business office provided for customers. The staff will provide you local attractions in Gallup and great places to dine. You will be satisfied to know that Ms. Hawthorne and staff will work hard to service you. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Enroll in Hilton Honors to ensure your reservations your room is upgraded where applicable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am writing this letter to compliment and commend your excellent service provided by the Hampton Inn West of Gallup. Your accommodations exceeded my expectations and the hotel was extremely successful in providing stellar service.

Compliments to the staff’s courteousness, cleanliness, and the excellent breakfast food served and prepared each morning to hotel guests. I am very delighted to take advantage of making a decision of choosing another stay with your facilities since my family and I felt very safe in the area that is located. The quick accessibility to the highway is very convenient.

Thank you for helping my stay with you all a success. I can assure you my next stay will always be with your hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michigan Center, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just off exit #16 in Gallup, this hotel is located on a strip of budget hotels for truckers and construction workers. This Hampton is not worth the price. It s older, no elegance. The staff was not pleasant. They took my money easily enough but in the morning want nothing to do with you. Breakfast ends at 0900. The time change travelling from the west occurs right before Gallup, and I thought it was an hour earlier. So I arrived at breakfast at 0845. There was no bacon, eggs, waffles, other foods. When I asked the attendant for bacon she was not nice. She put some in the kitchen microwave and made me wait twenty minutes while she swept the floors in my face and food, moved tables, replaced coffee in lobby, and fed the hotel workers from the buffet for free.

Starting at 0700 the employees were going in and out of the exit door my room was next to. The relentless banging did not stop until I opened my door and gave them a look. The funny thing is that there was nothing whatsoever outside. No street, no parking, nothing. It was just a fire exit.

After breakfast, a brigade of maids walked through the lobby. They saw me go into my room, yet the moment i entered my room there was rapping on my door from housekeeping. This Hampton wants your money at night, but wants you to settle for bits and scraps for their breakfast, and then you are to leave the hotel right afterwards.

Hotel is grossly overpriced. I suggest to go to another exit off off 40. All the hotels on this exit are seedy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Inn_Builder, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gallup-West, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I'd like to take this opportunity to offer my personal apology for the troubles you endured last Wednesday morning at our hotel. There's simply no excuse for the apparent lack of effort by my breakfast staff. Rest assured that we investigated this matter and have made changes to improve our procedures. I regret not being able to earn your 5-star rating. It’s always been our goal to strive for our guests’ total satisfaction.

Please allow me to elaborate on a few things:

First, our On-The-House Breakfast meets the strict quality standards of the Hampton brand. We offer a wide selection of hot & cold breakfast items including fresh waffles and healthy oatmeal. Our daily breakfast service lasts until 10:00am – for any latecomers our policy is to serve up food items upon request. I’m sorry you had to wait for the bacon to fully cook. All other breakfast items were made available for you.

Second, my housekeepers are mindful to keep quiet in the morning hours. We even use small portable carts to haul linen down the hallways in order to keep the noise down. While I can’t say who may have knocked on your door, it’s always been our policy not to disturb occupied guestrooms until after 12 noon (you were scheduled to check-out that morning). For added privacy, be sure to place the Do-Not-Disturb card on the front door lock.

Third, our Hampton Hotel provides exceptional value with lots of free amenities, such as: indoor heated pool & spa, Stay Connected Wi-Fi by AT&T, LCD TVs with DirecTV satellite channels, On-The-House Breakfast buffet, express check-in for Hilton Hhonors members, etc. There are many cheaper motels to choose from nearby; however, as they say, “you get what you paid for”.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further feel free to contact me at (505)722-7224 x400. We value your continued loyalty to the Hampton brand.

Kind Regards,

Angeline Murphy
Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This motel has greatly improved since we stayed a few years ago. The facility was clean and staff were friendly. If you want to stay on this end of Gallup, close to the Saturday flea market or stores on this end, this is the place to stay. We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spend our winters in southern CA and stay in Gallup, NM twice a year. We have found that this property is convenient and always clean and pleasant for our one night stay on our cross country trip. We have stayed at other properties in Gallup but prefer this to the others that we have used.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dekalb, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Hampton Inn West at Gallup wqas a fantastic experience. The staff was incredibly helpful and bent over backwards to help me with anything that they could. The room was very clean and had all of the amenities that I could need and want. I would definitely stay here again or recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Gallup.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Portland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

On a positive note, the front desk staff was friendly and smiling -- a quality where Hampton Inns generally excel. The lobby and breakfast areas are under construction. Rooms were a bit dated but clean and comfortable; equipped with microwave, mini fridge, flat screen, and desk. Would have been nice to have a lamp with a plugin next to the bed ( for cell phones and laptops). Free breakfast was standard and pretty decent tasting.

Pool and jacuzzi are indoors. Fitness center was small. The two pieces of equipment were facing AWAY from the TV rather than towards it which was totally stupid. So I tried to put the TV on a music channel since I couldn't watch it. I had to get the front desk staff to come in and change the channel cuz I couldn't get it to work - turns out you had to hold the remote at just the precise angle BEHIND the TV because that is apparently where the receiver was located -- pretty frustrating. (But will say that staff was friendly and helpful with this isdue.)

The location of the hotel is about six miles west of the main town but right off the highway. We have generally found restaurants within walking distance of most Hamptons but you had to drive a ways to get to a restaurant from this Hampton. There is another Hampton Inn downtown Gallup but the cost was about $20 more. This hotel is located near train tracks. I didn't hear the trains, but my husband said the train whistles woke him up about 4 a.m.

So, as Hampton Inns go, this hotel is not one of Hampton's best but we would probably stay here again if we are just passing through.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hampton Inn Gallup-West? Share your experiences!