“Another great hampton inn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save with AAA
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
Oklahoma
“Another great hampton inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This is our fifth stay at this hotel. The room was perfect and to Hilton standards. The flat screen has hundreds of Chanel's including five HBO offerings. The breakfast was good compared to other hamptions I have stayed at.

The lobby is being remodeled and will be done soon. The staff is very nice.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am a road warrior. I travel about 4 days a week through west Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, and am so happy when I'm in Gallup and able to stay at my favorite Hampton. I have been a regular guest at this property for 5 years and will continue to stay here as long as my travels take me to the four corners area.

Reviewers of this property have provided numerous positive comments about the friendly/helpful staff, check-in experience, breakfast, snacks, amenities (such as the newly remodeled workout room and pool area) as well as the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. That has been my experience with every single stay at this Hampton.

I love staying on the west end of town - I find it quieter, less congested, and quick and easy to get right on Route 66 to some of my favorite local places to eat while on the road (West End Donut and Deli and Virgie's are about a minute away.)

Rooms have fluffy towels, pristine bed linens, and are extremely clean and consistently-maintained. Staff (front desk, breakfast area, maintenance, and housekeeping) puts customer satisfaction at the top and is always more than accommodating. They are all great listeners (if I communicate a need, they find a solution).

As a business traveler, I stay at lots of properties that are similar in price range and features. As a consumer, I have a choice about where I stay. The Hampton Inn West in Gallup is my favorite. I am always truly welcomed, well taken care of, and know that my business is appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (even numbers) have a view of the Gallup countryside, rather than the highwa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very clean, good breakfast. They wash the duvet covers after each guest! No dirty bedspreads.
Not in a pretty area but convenient to the highway if you are traveling. Breakfast was good and convenient. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
California City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Not like any other Hamptons I have experienced and in fact this one makes me hesitate to stay at Hampton again. Perhaps the value of money is not worth, even the brand Hampton doesn't guarantee for a good quality of the accommodation you have paid for. IF no trouble good, if it does happen then the whole story changes and the manager is out of reached. No satisfaction guarantee like it has stated on the website. No any resolution except an apology that the manager is not in (redflags). To be short towels are threadbare, old and stained, lower quality breakfast and unfriendly staffs except the front desk clerks which fool you as if this place is exceptionally nice, but indeed it is the opposite. I still can't believe the advertisement that this hotel has been awarded as the best tripadvisor hotel in 2012 on its website! I am a frequent traveller and to me this is the worst hampton's quality.
I could receive exact same accommodation at a much cheaper rate and this makes me no longer trust the Hampton brand nor its advertisement. Hampton is independently owned, yes but need to fulfill certain hampton standards and policy, if not then it is just a one time experience and never again. Customers do have a choice and there are many hotel brands on the market to pick and choose. Simply you can fool me once but not twice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Inn_Builder, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gallup-West, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I’m so sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay. Your complete satisfaction is our top priority. I believe you stayed with us the night of New Year’s Eve. You were checked into Rm307 by Naomi our veteran guest service agent. A search of our log records failed to reveal any issues or concerns during your stay. In addition, Naomi made a Courtesy Call that evening to ensure your total satisfaction. Had there been any issues raised we would’ve gladly taken steps to resolve them. I happened to be at the hotel on New Year’s Eve – just in case a guest requested my personal assistance.

Please accept our sincerest apology. We’d love to provide a warm welcome on your next visit to our award-winning hotel. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our brand.

Warm Regards,

Angeline Murphy
Killeen, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was traveling from Albuquerque through Gallup on my way to Holbrook, Arizona and decided to stop for the night. My stay was very comfortable and I slept well. I enjoyed the stay so much that I stayed an extra night after taking care of business in Holbrook. The staff were very friendly and helpful...Thank you Audrey, Rita, Christian, and Naomi. During my stay I met the Hotel General Manager, Ms Angeline Murphy, I thanked her for the hospitality and informed her that I enjoyed my stay and that I will gladly stay here again during my next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cobham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

terrific large modern clean rooms. no problem with traffic noise - and i am a dreadful sleeper. terrific indoor pool too with jacuzzi and nice but small gym. beds are really really comfy. only drawback is breakfast room much too small so can get very overcrowded. easy walk to Applebees restaurant which was terrific too. not sure why other reviewer thought area was bad - we did not feel the area was a problem at all and we are very cautious people - we walked to and back from the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Me and my famliy stayed while on our way to Flagstaff The Room was clean was alittle noiesy from Intersate 40 but we able to sleep and hit the road comfortably after a goods nice rest, but beware this place is in a slightly rundown neborhood but that would be my only complaint but to me it isn't even a complaint its just a warning to future guest

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Gallup-West? Share your experiences!