“Quantity versus Quality” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Port Townsend, Washington
“Quantity versus Quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This large, stand-alone Chinese buffet restaurant looks like it escaped from a theme park. The three buffet lines offer a wide selection of items at a modest price, but the quality covers the spectrum from bad to good. Many items were served warm, not hot, and some tasted like hard pieces of fried batter. If you are watching your sodium, be careful.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Page, Arizona
“Much Better Than The Average Chinese Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

On a business trip to Window Rock, Arizona today - just no good place to eat in town so we drove down to Gallup, NM to eat at the King Dragon. Elaborate layout - beautiful venue - huge selection including my favorite - muscles!! Not the best meal I've ever eaten but for sure the best Chinese Buffet I've eaten and I have eaten in a lot over many years around the U.S.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The last review is a terrible lie.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

uoh, man.... it is a beautiful restaurant but the food in the buffet was old and bland. I was fearful with every bite. I woukd never return or send my worst enemy there. I can only hope the menu are as good as the building and atmosphere... Pray for me and my tummy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great lunch buffet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch traveling through NM. The restaurant had mixed reviews on the net, but we asked at a fuel stop and they recommended it. We had a great experience. We were greeted by a very friendly staff and had an excellent server. Now usually a lot of Chinese buffets are the same-but King Dragon offered several different dishes. And... they were so flavorful!! Enjoyed our visit and wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Visited July 2013