“Don't do it! Keep driving!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of TA Gallup Travel Center

TA Gallup Travel Center
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gallup
TA Gallup Travel Center
Save Saved
You added TA Gallup Travel Center to your Saves list
I-40 & Hwy 66, Exit 16, Gallup, NM 87301-6841   |
Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in Gallup
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Don't do it! Keep driving!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

After 15 hours of driving my husband and I were very tired. This place was right off of the highway. It was the first place we saw so we stopped and got a room. The check in people were nice, but that is about the only good thing I have to say. When we entered the room, it was very old and outdated. We walked to out the window and saw that the window was broken! I don't mean a small crack either! After all the traveling I needed to use the bathroom. I looked in the toilet and it was totally gross! Brown stains all over it like it hadn't been cleaned in ages! I literally squatted! The shower looked clean, but upon closer inspection there were hairs in the bottom of it. The bedding on the bed was very musty, and I must say, that my dog's pillows that she sleeps on were in better condition than the ones on this bed. There was also an old creepy plastic liner ( like you would get from the dollar store ) between the mattress and box spring. We were so tired from the trip that we decided to make the best of it and just try to get some rest. I checked my, tablet, ....they said free WiFi...NOT ! Then, as we are getting ready for bed, the trains started going by and blowing their whistles. This continued for most of the night! Needless to say, we left at 2:30 in the morning. It was just too creepy to stay. Upon leaving and carrying our luggage down the stairs, we were basically attacked my a swarm of grasshoppers!!! I am not kidding. It was like staying at a lodge in a horror movie! My advice, keep driving or go a little further down the road. I heard there are more hotels there!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Trains go by all night
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

terrible people all around. Shady dealings going on and prostitution was quite apparent. Truckers were nice enough but my goodness all of the unclean areas were ridiculous. Don't stop there are much nicer places within 5 miles. The store was way overpriced.

• Stayed June 2014
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We did not stay at this hotel, but ate at the restaurant inside the TA Travel Center. The food came out and looked really good, but I had a hair in my food. I did not say anything because the others in my party were very weary and hungry. They all had breakfast items and said their food was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Good value for the area. Every motel on the west side of town is close to the train tracks, so whether you're paying $70 or $30, they all can hear the trains. This isn't the cheapest place in town, but if you use the coupon books, it may be close. (The motel that makes that claim on their marquee is now boarded up.) I found hairs that weren't mine in the shower, but it was otherwise pretty clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sedalia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Very basic room. Dingy and outdated but clean. The motel advertisded WiFi but it didn't have it. Cable TV was advertised. Our tv picked up about 8 channels.
The parking lot is scary at night.
The train blows so loud I thought the window was open. I could hear every conversation outside as well as in the adjoining rooms.
At 35 a night you get what you pay for but honestly from the looks of this town I doubt any other motel is much better.

• Stayed August 2013
Whitefish, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Read other reviews and decided to stay here. First of all, I was concerned about leaving my car in the parking lot..Didn't seem too secure with guys "hanging out" as I unloaded my luggage. The room was a real disappointment. I decided that I would not take off my socks while I stayed here...
I cannot imagine when the bathroom had last received a good cleaning.
And finally, I sat on the bed and discovered that the sheets were not
"clean"......
Now let me make it clear that the staff at registration was very nice and helpful.. and when I complained and asked for my money back, I had no problems...But, in my opinion, this was the nastiest place I have ever been...Check the room before you decide to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband, our dog and I just got back from a cross-country trip from Ohio to California. We stopped at a few hotels on the way and this one was our last stop. For this being a truck stop it was actually nice. Don't get me wrong it is not a **** resort lol but it'll do for a night. Room was dated BUT clean. Towels were thin and I saw 2 long black hairs in the shower (I'm blonde). Beds were comfortable and the all night dinner had decent food. The tv reception is a bit weird. Yes u can hear the trains, but if youre tired enough they wont bother u i am a very light sleeper and never got woken up once. The $15 pet fee is a bit much but all in all it was a good stay. They even gave us a much needed 1 pm check out. So give it a try. Dont let the surroundings scare u away

• Stayed September 2012

Been to TA Gallup Travel Center? Share your experiences!