“Keep in mind this is Gallup” 3 of 5 stars
Review of TA Gallup Travel Center

TA Gallup Travel Center
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gallup
TA Gallup Travel Center
You added TA Gallup Travel Center to your Saves list
I-40 & Hwy 66, Exit 16, Gallup, NM 87301-6841   |
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Gallup
Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
“Keep in mind this is Gallup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Good value for the area. Every motel on the west side of town is close to the train tracks, so whether you're paying $70 or $30, they all can hear the trains. This isn't the cheapest place in town, but if you use the coupon books, it may be close. (The motel that makes that claim on their marquee is now boarded up.) I found hairs that weren't mine in the shower, but it was otherwise pretty clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sedalia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Very basic room. Dingy and outdated but clean. The motel advertisded WiFi but it didn't have it. Cable TV was advertised. Our tv picked up about 8 channels.
The parking lot is scary at night.
The train blows so loud I thought the window was open. I could hear every conversation outside as well as in the adjoining rooms.
At 35 a night you get what you pay for but honestly from the looks of this town I doubt any other motel is much better.

• Stayed August 2013
Whitefish, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Read other reviews and decided to stay here. First of all, I was concerned about leaving my car in the parking lot..Didn't seem too secure with guys "hanging out" as I unloaded my luggage. The room was a real disappointment. I decided that I would not take off my socks while I stayed here...
I cannot imagine when the bathroom had last received a good cleaning.
And finally, I sat on the bed and discovered that the sheets were not
"clean"......
Now let me make it clear that the staff at registration was very nice and helpful.. and when I complained and asked for my money back, I had no problems...But, in my opinion, this was the nastiest place I have ever been...Check the room before you decide to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband, our dog and I just got back from a cross-country trip from Ohio to California. We stopped at a few hotels on the way and this one was our last stop. For this being a truck stop it was actually nice. Don't get me wrong it is not a **** resort lol but it'll do for a night. Room was dated BUT clean. Towels were thin and I saw 2 long black hairs in the shower (I'm blonde). Beds were comfortable and the all night dinner had decent food. The tv reception is a bit weird. Yes u can hear the trains, but if youre tired enough they wont bother u i am a very light sleeper and never got woken up once. The $15 pet fee is a bit much but all in all it was a good stay. They even gave us a much needed 1 pm check out. So give it a try. Dont let the surroundings scare u away

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011 via mobile

A very nice room actually the price is great and cheap..and we also found a restaurant. That had good food and we even found a gift shop who has some amazing gifts that we purchased thanks a lot..

• Stayed November 2010
Tuolumne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We travel through here a few times a year. Found this place by accident, when we hit a recap tire on the highway. Pulled into the travel center gas station to check it out. The news wasn't good, with a twisted transmission pan. I turned around to scratch my head and set back are these accommodations that we've never seen. Staff was friendly, place was clean, and the room comfy. Sheets and towels were nice and white, it was a hidden gem. Cheap too. It filled up during the night and was a little noisier than usual but bearable. There are trains in Gallup, lots of them. It didn't stop us from getting a good night's rest though. I'd stay again instead hustling through like we usually do. Everything you need is close by and a special shout out to Action Automotive for getting us back on the road the next day. Really friendly little Travel Center and extremely helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I would not recommend this motel or ANY motel in Gallup. Reason being the trains that run right though town. Not sure that any motels are more than a ½ mile from the tracks and the horns blow … (as they should)

Another issue I had with this motel was that when I checked in, I did my usual little walk though to make sure it’s clean, toilet and tub are clean and then go eat. So it was a couple of hours later when I had to use the bathroom that I realized that when I had checked it the toilet seat was up. When I put it down to use the toilet, I saw that there were wither ‘body fluids’ or cleaning residue all over the toilet seat. So I had to use the one and only wash cloth to clean it before I could use the toilet. (I reported it, but was not going to switch rooms at this point)

The rest of the room was clean and will take this as an oversight, planning on staying here again until I tried to sleep and heard the trains. Motel is clearly marketed to truckers, it was a Howard Johnson when I used to come through here and the price notices on the door are still for Howard Johnson but you now check in at the truck stop fuel desk.

(other than the toilet) the room was clean, water hot … but not quiet. Maybe a set of earplugs would help, the trucker price of $29 is posted on the side of the building, for others it’s $32 still making it one of the better deals in town. One other note, there were enough power outlets, just not by the desk … this place has not been updated for the current electronic toys that some of us carry. Laptops, cell phones, etc.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to TA Gallup Travel Center? Share your experiences!