“Hidden Treasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TA Gallup Travel Center

TA Gallup Travel Center
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gallup
TA Gallup Travel Center
You added TA Gallup Travel Center to your Saves list
I-40 & Hwy 66, Exit 16, Gallup, NM 87301-6841   |
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Gallup
Tuolumne
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We travel through here a few times a year. Found this place by accident, when we hit a recap tire on the highway. Pulled into the travel center gas station to check it out. The news wasn't good, with a twisted transmission pan. I turned around to scratch my head and set back are these accommodations that we've never seen. Staff was friendly, place was clean, and the room comfy. Sheets and towels were nice and white, it was a hidden gem. Cheap too. It filled up during the night and was a little noisier than usual but bearable. There are trains in Gallup, lots of them. It didn't stop us from getting a good night's rest though. I'd stay again instead hustling through like we usually do. Everything you need is close by and a special shout out to Action Automotive for getting us back on the road the next day. Really friendly little Travel Center and extremely helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I would not recommend this motel or ANY motel in Gallup. Reason being the trains that run right though town. Not sure that any motels are more than a ½ mile from the tracks and the horns blow … (as they should)

Another issue I had with this motel was that when I checked in, I did my usual little walk though to make sure it’s clean, toilet and tub are clean and then go eat. So it was a couple of hours later when I had to use the bathroom that I realized that when I had checked it the toilet seat was up. When I put it down to use the toilet, I saw that there were wither ‘body fluids’ or cleaning residue all over the toilet seat. So I had to use the one and only wash cloth to clean it before I could use the toilet. (I reported it, but was not going to switch rooms at this point)

The rest of the room was clean and will take this as an oversight, planning on staying here again until I tried to sleep and heard the trains. Motel is clearly marketed to truckers, it was a Howard Johnson when I used to come through here and the price notices on the door are still for Howard Johnson but you now check in at the truck stop fuel desk.

(other than the toilet) the room was clean, water hot … but not quiet. Maybe a set of earplugs would help, the trucker price of $29 is posted on the side of the building, for others it’s $32 still making it one of the better deals in town. One other note, there were enough power outlets, just not by the desk … this place has not been updated for the current electronic toys that some of us carry. Laptops, cell phones, etc.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to TA Gallup Travel Center? Share your experiences!